WidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad DataRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some help! on 308 WIn

Boolit Buddy
    I don't have a 308 AR-10 but I do have a 243 win one. I like it well enough. I have a CETME I built I need to fix and re-test though. The nice thing about either is the mags for a lot of the other 308 platforms are kinda spendy if you want a few of em.

I was really tempted to do the 22-250. How's that work if you don't mind me asking?

Banned

my opinion is ar10 hands down. I just put another one together with psa parts and have less 650 bucks into it and that includes a 3lb drop in trigger. My other psa ar10 will easily shoot sub moa and doesn't miss a beat if you use magpul mags. Bang for the buck theres no comparison. Any of the others will set you back twice as much or even more and probably wont be as accurate. had a cetme for a while It was a bargain for what you got but it tore up brass and wasn't near as accurate. It did go bang every time though. but at that time they were 500 bucks and the ar10s were close to a grand. Today ar10s have dropped in price and add that to the fact a dollar is worth less then it was 10 years ago and there hands down the best bang for the buck.

Boolit Master
    I vote AR10. I have one with a collapsible buttstock and 16 inch barrel. Shoots 1.5 MOA out to 800 yards for 10 shot groups using the Hornday 168 gr BTHP bullet, LC LR brass, and BLC-2. I load it in large quantities on my Dillon.

I prefer the platform I have because it is compact, easily deployable, mag-pul mags are cheap, and it's accurate enough for it's intended role.

The M1A has a wayer higher cool factor!!

With issue sights; the M1A is my choice. With a scope; the AR10’s are amazing. As a young man I lusted after a Sig AMT but never had the investment capital to get one before they were banned from import. I did get to shoot the HK91, FN fal, and M1A extensively and one fine afternoon with a select fire M14 planted the M1A seed in my mind. My nephew’s Springfield Armory Scout is a neat carbine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12