Reloading EverythingLoad DataInline FabricationLee Precision
RepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners

Thread: Lehigh Xtreme Penetrator VS. Game

Boolit Master

Lehigh Xtreme Penetrator VS. Game

Has anyone shot these bullet into game?
    They’re really impressive in gel and seem like they would get the job done.
    Some searching shows good results on deer but we all know deer aren’t really tough game.
    I’m wondering specifically if anyone has used handgun cartridges on game with good results.
    I have a buddy who is in Northern Idaho. He carries 10MM Glock stoked with some heavy loads for defense against the ugly critters out there that might want to aggressive.
    I wanted to pick up some of these bullets for him to try out.

I was wondering if the Lehigh solids would be a good choice for him. He thinks the heaviest bullet in hard cast or jacketed would be better. More penetration. Not as much of a chance of stopping shallow and not hitting the CNS. In a situation like this you need to hit the off switch not to let the animal die by bleeding out.

So that being said I would love to see if anyone knows of any good videos or has any real life examples of great performance on game.
    Like stated above there are lots of videos on deer but a shot through the rib cage broadside doesn’t prove much.

Thanks for you help everyone!

Boolit Master
    AP2020 outdoors on the YouTube does allot of videos with Lehigh bullets. If I remember correctly he had one and with a deer getting shot
    Doug
    .................................................. ........................................
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Taxidermists are cheaper than surgeons....keep shooting

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Some people measure success in Minutes of Angle

Boolit Master

1720 miles East of Wall Drug, North of Cooperstown, NY
    IMHO, your buddy is far better off with WFN hard cast Heavy lead bullets as he stated as per your OP! IMHO a Copper alloy bullet of equal weight would take up to much valuable case space for powder in the 10mm case. I think your buddy already knows what he needs.

Ken
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Je suis Charlie
    Remember Lavoy!
    I'll cling to my God and my guns, and you can keep the "Change".

Boolit Master

Ok so I'm better off grabbing a nice heavy 10MM mould and making him some nice heat treated bullets. Thanks guys!

Boolit Master
    Who makes the mold for these?

Boolit Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	774A6BC0-AA85-4C98-96F2-6AE5A6841EC6.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	251041

AP 20/20 makes some good videos. Nito is his name. He shot a deer last year using then in a 45/70

I have my 10 ready for deer this year too. I have three bullets my own cup point hp 170g @ 1345 a 200g WFN GC @ 1200 the bullet is from Double Tap. Lastly a 220g HP I picked up as cast from GT Bullets. I powder coated and sized them 401. 402 was lil better but would not reliably feen in my KKM barrel. That bullet is moving at 1150 fps.

I have a 180 WFN (with a cup hp Pin its 170) But the cup points shoot better! ?? This load its also tops in power at 750 fpe. All shoot well but the 170 prints low. Both the 200 & 220 are dead on @ 50.

Here is a target I shot tonight. One of each @ 50 yards.
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Long slides are the neatest Glock I've shot

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    I used to work with Lehigh defense. We tested ALOT of the penetrators(every pistol used to T&E the 32acp cavitators I own) I have killed several deer with some penetrators and I will tell you we designed them to Penetrate!! And that they will do! If you want to drop something fast and hard a good hard WFN will do the trick, if I was your buddy I would stager the rounds every other round a WFN