Inline FabricationLoad DataReloading EverythingRepackbox
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funny money

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master

Funny money

I got this dollar bill in change at a local pub. Didn't notice until tried to put it in a video poker machine and it kept spitting it out. The bartender told me he got a $20 like it last week.

I don't know how wide spread this stuff is but just be aware. (click on image to enlarge)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Movie Dollar.jpg 
Views:	770 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	250960
    Fact: Some people are alive simply because it's illegal to kill them.

Never saw one like that.

What I have seen was a corner torn off of 2 or four different $5 bills, then glued onto the corners of a one.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Banned
    Looks like movie candy money to me...

dangitgriff nailed it.

It's been floating around my area (Tri-state area of Okla/Ark/Tex) for over a year now. Some denominations as high as $100 bills. Most of the $100 don't pass muster at your local Git-N-Go's or any other stores. They have the pens they can quickly scan a $100 with to see if it's fake or not. Mostly $20's are the ones passed around down this way. Typically, it's druggies trying to pass them off.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Master
    Back in the 70s I was given a counterfeit 20 for food to go at a restaurant I worked at. I instantly knew it was fake, But as a 16 year old kid I was afraid to challenge an adult, but I did take down the license number on his 73 Grand Prix.

I showed the bill to my manager and he told me that it was real. A few days later the bank deducted 20 from the company’s account and notified the Secret Service. They came and interviewed me at work.

It was funny because they kept pressing me how I knew it was fake. They said it was one if best counterfeits that they had seen. All I could tell them was that when you handle money all day you can just tell when something’s not right.

Never knew if the counterfeiters got caught or if the tag number helped them or not.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Master

I've got one of those sitting right here at my desk...

Attachment 250964

Attachment 250965
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Looks to me like someone skirting the law by saying "For Motion Picture Use Only"....or at least THINKING they are skirting the law.
    Kind of like the hooker asking the undercover cop " are you a cop?" thinking if they answer "no" they are safe.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master
    Maybe they're legitimate movie props for closeup scenes of currency. I wouldn't think a director, producer, etc. would want to be responsible for several hundred or thousands of dollars in real currency being on a set.

Boolit Master

the law is:
    Federal law permits color illustrations of U.S. currency only under the following conditions:
    Currency reproduction dimensions

1) the illustration is of a size less than three-fourths or more than one and one-half, in linear dimension, of each part of the item illustrated;
    2) the illustration is one-sided; and
    3) all negatives, plates, positives, digitized storage medium, graphic files, magnetic medium, optical storage devices and any other thing used in the making of the illustration that contain an image of the illustration or any part thereof are destroyed and/or deleted or erased after their final use.
    18 U.S.C. § 504(1), 31 CFR § 411.1.

Using parts of a banknote image that hasn't been scaled probably is illegal. Intentionally using these notes to pay for something is definitely illegal.

Boolit Master
    Higgins is correct, they are used in movie scenes that need a pile of currency. They re not uncommon in this area but everyone knows about them. I have several 100s that I use to light cigars for a laugh.
    jim

Boolit Master

It's what the rap "artists" use in their videos.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

You can buy these and the fake Chinese training bills (looks real but had Chinese symbols stamped in big red print) all over eBay.
    In my State, they are legal to own but illegal to attempt to pass in a business dealing.

Boolit Grand Master

Check out Movie Prop Money www.propmoney.com
    Buy a wrapped stack of 100 - $100.00 dollar bills for $24.95 .
    They have all denominations , new and used looking and in new style and 1990's style look . All Denominations from $1 to $100 .
    You can even have custom funny money printed ...
    Must be legal to print and sell the stuff because I had no trouble finding the place .
    I should get a few boxes , bury in the back yard and leave a treasure map for my two kids to find .
    That would be funny... on second thought I better not ...might have to live with one of them .

There was a warning on the site about it was illegal to pass this stuff as real money...
    Gary
    Last edited by gwpercle; 11-15-2019 at 06:40 PM.
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by koehn,jim View Post
    Higgins is correct, they are used in movie scenes that need a pile of currency. They re not uncommon in this area but everyone knows about them. I have several 100s that I use to light cigars for a laugh.
    I even found a web site that sold the "Movie Money" ... it came in large boxes , in common denominations , was legal to sell as movie props ... If you start passing it for real money ...
    You might be breaking a law or two ! Check the stuff out at www.propmoney.com
    It's a educational experience !
    They do sell Full Prints ... printed on both sides ... read the prop money guide ... very interesting !
    And you can get both New and Aged bills .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    Gary be nice to the kids, they pick the nursing home you may wind up in.
    Old retired guy in Baton Rouge La.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Cheer up - at the rate the current Administration is printing and spending money, that bill may turn out to be worth more that legit currency . . .

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    Shades of George Floyd, Funny money is what started his demise.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by cheese1566 View Post
    You can buy these and the fake Chinese training bills (looks real but had Chinese symbols stamped in big red print) all over eBay.
    In my State, they are legal to own but illegal to attempt to pass in a business dealing.
    I was teachers aide in a High School after retiring as a heavy equip mechanic. I ran the In School Suspension class, all the students who got in trouble. Really liked the kids, even the knot heads .

I had a stack of the Chinese marked bills to illustrate how much an arrest for vaping or being high could cost them from a paycheck.
    Lay out what they made a week, then deduct all the fines/court costs/lawyer fees/etc. Seemed to make them think.

Don

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by John Guedry View Post
    Gary be nice to the kids, they pick the nursing home you may wind up in.
    Oh Yeah !!! I forgot about that ... Dang it though ...it would have been funny !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by condorjohn View Post
    I got this dollar bill in change at a local pub. Didn't notice until tried to put it in a video poker machine and it kept spitting it out. The bartender told me he got a $20 like it last week.

I don't know how wide spread this stuff is but just be aware. (click on image to enlarge)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Movie Dollar.jpg 
Views:	770 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	250960
    I’d be pretty pleased to get that for a dollar. The twenty is a bit much for a conversation piece though…
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast