MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Wideners

Thread: Well, I tried the "search" feature...........

Boolit Master

Alturas, California...where the west still lives!

Well, I tried the "search" feature...........

...........using every word/term I could think of, and still didn't find what I was looking for.

There was a question asked on the forum some time ago, as to whether a Lee tumble lube boolit could use ordinary stick lube. That is, run the fresh castings through a luber/sizer. I can't seem to find any postings on the subject, and yet I KNOW I saw it!

My purpose is to avoid the use of Alox at this time, as the smell actually makes my wife a little sick. My luber/sizer currently has some White Label 2500 in it. Any opinions?

Boolit Master
    Try it you"ll like it ,be careful with boolit dimensions ,(size fat) with 50/50 beeswax /tallow -crisco and heat mix and pour .Works for me up to 2000 fps /Ed

Boolit Master

Alturas, California...where the west still lives!
    Thanks fellahs, and thanks for the link!

Moderator Emeritus

I don't think Lee's TL design would allow for enough lube...but I recall the same post as you, and a few members posted they are able to do it. I did try with Lee's TL312-160-2r and sized to .311 and lubed with SL68B, and shooting them in a bolt action 30-06, I got lead fouling, due to not enough lube.

But, I have successful ran the RanchDog style TL boolits (made by Lee) through a lubesizer, the grooves are a bit larger and the entire grooved area is recessed a tiny bit, so the boolit will hold plenty of lube.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

Glad you were able to get help. Not to hijack the thread but my personal experience with the search function is that it sucks. Maybe someone who has figured it out can start a tutorial in a new thread for us unwashed.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    Glad you were able to get help. Not to hijack the thread but my personal experience with the search function is that it sucks. Maybe someone who has figured it out can start a tutorial in a new thread for us unwashed.
    This topic might help.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ngine-Question

How I found that topic in a search engine:

I typed in the keywords: Search engine keyword

Then in the same box I added: site:castboolits.gunloads.com

So the search engine would stay in this forum when looking for those keyword terms. So the whole set of words in the search box was:

Search engine keyword site:castboolits.gunloads.com

It seems to work for me better than the one here in the forum, but I reckon it also is because I am used to doing it that way, rather than the Search in the forum here.

Anyway, G'Luck!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

"My purpose is to avoid the use of Alox at this time, as the smell actually makes my wife a little sick. My luber/sizer currently has some White Label 2500 in it. Any opinions?"

3006guns, I often lube, but not size the Lee TL bullets in my RCBS Lub-A-Matic and have had little problem with them leading the bore of my pistols and rifles.

Boolit Buddy
    I find that running a Lee TL bullet through a sizer that is the same diameter or slightly larger than the TL bullet and lubing with one of the softer lubes works like a champ and accuracy is excellent.

Boolit Master
    How much LLA re you guys using on the Ranch Dog rifle bullets?
    Founder of the Single Shot section.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have.

8 in the 10 ring, then I get a PING. Love my Garand.