Load DataSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Wideners RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Svarog Botfly slug brings home the back straps!

Leon,

All children grow way too fast!

BB

Boolit Grand Master

Yup! You feed 'em and water 'em and they grow up and move out! Doesn't seem fair somehow... I miss my babies! But of course they are adults now and going their own way. We are close though and that's good. We still vacation together and get together for Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. even though they both live 8 to 10 hour drives from "home" and in opposite directions.

My wife and I always spent lots of time with the kids and got them out shooting guns and bows from an early age. We hiked and camped and just spend time together. Still do.

You take care of the boy and stay close to him as you now are. You will never regret the time you spend with him now and you will get to spend time with him when he's grown because of it.

Good to see he's out with Dad enjoying the outdoors. I'd say you are doing a good job and commend you for your commitment. Many parents just drop the kid(s) off at the hockey rink, baseball diamond, at camp or whatever and don't actually make any effort to spend time with them. You are not one of them! Good on you!

Take care.

Longbow

Boolit Grand Master

Good afternoon
    Tell your son "Well done" from me ! I never saw a corn cruncher in SW Michigan until I was 16.
    Mike in LLama Land
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

The main difference between the Liberal and Conservative Philosophy,,, is the Conservative rewards those who produce and do good and try to take care of the rest.

The Liberal Punishes the Producer and Rewards the non producer, and nobody wins except those who are in charge who always seem to make out really well.

Reward the kid when he produces well in school!

I have a nephew who graduated high school at 16 2 year City college at 17 and just started Aeronautical Engineering School at a Jesuit College in St Louis at 18. He chose that school because he didn't want to have Liberal BS crammed down his throat at MIT which he was accepted to.. He's not even Catholic!

My brother has no problem rewarding this kid because the kid is that good. Sounds like your's is too!

You'll do fine because you already know what you need to do. Much easier than trying to figure it out as you go like so many have to.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Trail View Post
    The load was mild. 2.75” clear Cheddite hull, 28 grs of Longshot, Botfly slug with a BP18 wad screwed to it, and a deep roll crimp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Outstanding hunt and post, thank you!

What are you casting your Botfly slugs from? How hard after curing?

I recently was able to acquire a new Botfly slug mold and looking to cast some slugs.
    I have lots of various leads (Foundry, Monotype, Linotype, Pure, WW, and Antimonial) so I can make whatever I need.

Quote Originally Posted by More_Slugs View Post
    Outstanding hunt and post, thank you!

What are you casting your Botfly slugs from? How hard after curing?

I recently was able to acquire a new Botfly slug mold and looking to cast some slugs.
    I have lots of various leads (Foundry, Monotype, Linotype, Pure, WW, and Antimonial) so I can make whatever I need.
    I use soft lead, but I’ve used wheel weights in the past. I would save your foundry and linotype for buckshot and bullets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12