RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersReloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Repackbox
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Basic question on real black and fouling

Banned

i simply don't wanna spit. prelubed patch strips and ball board loads with patching embedded with gato feo are my answer. works flawlessly.

Boolit Buddy
    I wipe after each shot. Patches are cut from muslin linen. I toss them in a ziplock, give about 3 squirts of Ballistol, about a tablespoon of water, and a tablespoon of isopropyl alcohol. I squeeze the excess liquid out before use, so they are damp, but not wet. I run a patch down, turn it over and run it down again after each shot.
    NRA Training Counselor - Instructor
    NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
    FWC Hunter Safety Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerd View Post
    Regular old spit works well. It's readily available and costs less than store bought too.
    I agree I take a cleaning patch put it on my tongue & wet it just as they have for years when I,m in the field.
    Work Great. If you shooting at the range & do not mind some thing extra to carry, Windex is very good. Some real BP
    burns dirtier than others. The Swiss powder are not bad. It comes down to what charcoal the are using in the mix.

Fly

Boolit Buddy
    Lot of split hairs...

Look. No reason to make this harder then it is.

Damp patch or not? It depends iīd say,and especially so on the amount of lube used..and i bet thereīs as many opinions as thereīs shooters on that too.

Me i vary. It all depends. A while back for SnG i fooled around with how much lube was needed to keep my Whitworth rolling no matter what and truth be told i donīt believe itīs ever been that easy to load the thing.
    This a rifle with a rep,deserved,for needing a patch every second shot.

As late as today it was my 43cal Wesson and my 41cal Swiss 1851 Schuetzen. The latter..patch. The Wesson,let her roll..just make sure thereīs lube enough onboard.
    Accuracy,and how itīs affected,is another matter. On that count to each his own and YMMV but..as far as just keeping the bore "loadable" still...see above.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123