Inline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Load Data

Thread: Mihec 452-340 hp/solid

Mihec 452-340 hp/solid

I've had this mould for a few weeks now, cast for a little bit a few days ago. Going to lube some up and punch the info into quickloads to try to get a starting point for loading these in my 454 casull. The Penta pin hp drops at 319.5 grains and nuts on at .4520 from multiple sides. I cast some solid and regular cone pin boolits yesterday, but didn't weigh any. I'll weigh a set once checked and lubed with moly.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Got a fair amount checked and lubed. Solid weighs 341, Penta pin weighs 329, and the regular pin weighs 323. I've got 4 different powders I want to try, alliant 2400, imr 4227, h110, and n110. I want to try to go easy on the h110, or else between it, and my other gun I use it in, I'll go through 8lbs/ month

Got a starting load set loaded, using h110,2400,4227, and n110. Starting data was taken from quick loads, using info for this bullet. I can post the exact charge weights if anyone wants, these are loaded in 454 casull

All my loads shot really, REALLY well. 24 grains 2400 gets me to about 1800 with the solids. I've already got all my brass loaded up, so it's time to loosen up the wrists and unload

Boolit Master

It's gonna be awhile befor I can break mine in. Picked it up for the same purpose.

That's a good looking round. Mihec had 2 more molds on his web site, so I ordered one. I already have the "Ruger only" mold that casts ww+2% tin at 327 solid, but now that I have a 460 Smith and Wesson on the way, the 340 hollow pointed looks like a nice option for handgun hunting.

I'd be interested in anyones experience with this boolit out of a 460 with H110, Lil Gun or 2400