Inline FabricationLoad DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
RepackboxLee PrecisionWidenersSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Star/Lars Blue Carn

Star/Lars Blue Carn

For you select few who are specifically using Lars Blue Carnauba in a Star with a PID controlled heater and factory style air cylinder,

What temp and psi are you using?

( I had to finally boost temp to 110 and 60psi to get it to flow into the pump at a constant rate. I had the heater on at 100 and 30psi for over an hour and it wasn’t moving.) My other Star is set for Magma hard lube at 120 and only 30psi.

Boolit Master
    The blue version is suppose to flow without any heat. I haven't tried it as yet. Currently, using the red version...........heater set for 105 degrees and 50-60 psi on the air gauge. If the blue doesn't flow, without heat, I'll stick with the red.

Winelover

My room is cool at 60-65 right now and it was stiff as expected at that temp. I first had the heat set to 95 (max of the op temp on the package) and waited an hour. I could open the brass screw by the plunger and see it didn’t start flowing. Bumped pressure to 60 for a few moments. Nothing. I pulled the air cylinder and the lube came with, the bottom was pretty soft.

Finally increased temp to 110 and upped pressure. Waited an hour again. Finally it flowed into the pump area and I could start sizing. While sizing, I experimented on various psi and found 105 and 60psi as a happy medium at the moment. I could raise the heat and drop psi I suppose, but it’s suppose to be low heat.

I really bought the lube for its low tack when done and lube character of the red. I am pretty satisfied how they aren’t tacky like the red when cooled down after sizing.

I imagine used in a luber with a manual pressure screw it flows without heat.

Boolit Grand Master

I used Carnauba Red extensively for a couple years, and then tried Blue. In all honesty, I could not tell one bit of difference in lubesizer flow, tackiness, smell, anything. As far as I'm concerned they are they exact same lube. Neither worked in a lube sizer without heat.

Banner Sponsor

After using the Blue for a few years I've found that it flows better around 75F in a manual luber. Maybe my thermometer is off. I'll try hooking up the PID with thermocouple next time and see what I get. I do not have a Star, just running the Lyman 4500.

Thanks!

I can see how the Lyman screw style would exert more force requiring less heat. I really like the blue so far based on it being less tacky but nice and soft!

You make great stuff!