Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
RepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Wideners

Thread: Forgiveness

Boolit Master

Forgiveness

The other day little sister and I were talking about forgiveness..she was talking about forgiving forgetting but still not trusting... Now there are few people in this world who seek the lord like little sister, so I bit my tung tell I could pray and study for myself....

As I did... the first scipture that came to me was turn the other cheek ( Matthew 5:38) ....this verse isn't teaching us to trust that person...it's telling us to trust God.... That person more then likely is going to hurt us again,and again... But if we put our trust in God..we will see,,,how He works all things out for good for those who love him (Romans 8:28) ....we are called to love God with all our heart and our brother as we love ourselves... And If you truly love your brother,spouse coworker,church member,,,forgive him the way Christ has forgiven you... Knowing full well you are going to hurt him again
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master

If experience tells you someone cannot be trusted--don't trust them. But you can act in that person's best interest and do good for them.

"Now when he was in Jerusalem at the Passover Feast, many believed in his name when they saw the signs that he was doing. 24 But Jesus on his part did not entrust himself to them, because he knew all people." (John 2:23-24)

Boolit Grand Master

Thank you gentlemen. I needed this thread today.

Boolit Master
    Boy o boy preacher, I needed this! My son was just released from prison on parole Wed., and it was very difficult to help him again, after being hurt so many times in the past. The very thing I expressed to him was how his mother and I are so very tired of being hurt over and over. As a testimony, God has seen us through many rough times and pains.

Boolit Grand Master

I would argue that Matt. 5:38 is not a broad brush, universal command. It relates to situations where God is telling us to do this - as He is working in that person. Believe me, there are a lot of people that God is not currently working in. he disciplines those whom he loves. Those I need to protect myself from - having dealt repeatedly with the victims of physical, emotional, and sexual abuse I have a very different perspective on the goodness of man.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Even though i have forgiven someone, The problem for me comes when i begin to protect myself from future hurt - In that i begin to remove myself from contact with that person. Prayer is all i have in may cases with some folks - And that's not a bad thing
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master

Amen and thanks for bringing this thread here, I really needed it.

Boolit Master
    Wayne not arguing but always searching for better understanding.

I compleatly agree and will add even thouse God is working in are evil. All will at some point will disappoint and let you down. Most will regret it...but not all...and I understand thouse are the ones you are referring to...

Jesus submitted to God...not man...all the way to the cross...And as they ridiculed,torched, and killed him...his words forgive them...Jesus didn't trust... he knew the hearts of men....but he trusted and followed God...and put himself where God wanted him...not where he was safe.

Do you leave your kid alone with a child molester.... NO..... But you can still witness to one who is seeking God... Will it blow up in your face ? Sure more then likely.... We are to love... don't trust... protect yourself and other around...you but don't forsak the saved or the lost... God gave his only son so all could know salvation even the ones that killed him and the ones who hurt us ....
    Last edited by rl69; 11-08-2019 at 11:20 AM.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Grand Master

Agreed, and I have worked with several molesters who have come genuinely to God. I don't give up on them, but I recommend protection. I once had a client who had teenage girls, and she married a guy with teenage boys. The girls were placing their dresser in front of their bedroom door every night prior to going to bed to protect themselves from his boys in the next room. Her husband was violent towards her as well. i told her to move out with her girls and get a big dog that did not know him or his boys. In my business you see extremes - not as bad as the police but in a more sustained way.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    Agreed, and I have worked with several molesters who have come genuinely to God. I don't give up on them, but I recommend protection. I once had a client who had teenage girls, and she married a guy with teenage boys. The girls were placing their dresser in front of their bedroom door every night prior to going to bed to protect themselves from his boys in the next room. Her husband was violent towards her as well. i told her to move out with her girls and get a big dog that did not know him or his boys. In my business you see extremes - not as bad as the police but in a more sustained way.
    As a sometimes counselor, I have also seen the effects of abuse on the victims. As a believer, I have to do everything in my power to help my patients understand the need to protect themselves, and keep healthy boundaries. When two or more people are locked in an abusive relationship, sometimes the only right answer is for the victim to flee.
    Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Master
    Skip down to verse 42, and preach a sermon on that one. Are we to give everything we have, to anyone who ask, or are we to use our God given discernment? Studying these scriptures in light of who, why, and when seems prudent, does it not?