Load DataLee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackbox
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWidenersInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trip to Front Sight for Tactical Shotgun Course.

Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    Here is exactly to a T what I have in mind. http://www.hallowellco.com/express.htm

That folding leaf sight, soldered to the barrel. It would be filed such that it was barely visible above the receiver, and windage adjustable. The elevation would then be adjusted with different height front sights or beads. Not precision equipment at all, but definitely adequate for my purposes, and folds down out of the way for wing shooting.

Odd idea I know, but I've not been happy with ghost rings, rifle sights are ok, a bead sight is ok. I feel like somewhere between a rifle sight and a bead sight is a happy compromise. Either that, or I need to find a stock with a taller comb to match the rifle sights.
    The Magpul SGA Stocks like the one on my gun have different combs available so You can adjust your cheek weld to whatever you need to achieve proper sight alignment. https://www.magpul.com/products/sga-...uctColor=VO343

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Quote Originally Posted by Drm50 View Post
    A buddy of mine has a m11 Rem USN issue with Cutts Choke. He has extra full choke tube for it that shoots a good FC pattern.
    After nearly 50 years of owning my Ithaca M37 I have accumulated all of the Cutts Choke tubes and the wrench.

They go Spreader, Improved Cylinder (shown), Modified, Full, Extra Full, and Extra Extra Full. For bird hunting it has always been the Modified tube. These are getting expen$ive on Ebay!

Haven't found a decent Lyman/Cutts Wood Box for them yet, but always looking.

This gun is NOT going to Front Sight!!!

Randy
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 11-24-2019 at 02:24 PM.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12