MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mom could use a prayer ..

Boolit Master

Prayers sent.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Prayers to you and your mother as the two of you go through these difficult times. I only have my 92 year old mother left and she has been the backbone of the family. Let her know how special she is and try to comfort her through these times. Stay strong my friend.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Buddy
    Prayers for your Mom.

Boolit Buddy
    Many, many prayers for you and your Mom!

Medicated is good.

I watched my grandmother struggle, fight and claw to hang on. I think she was scared. She had done things she had never said she was sorry for or I think repented. It is a hard way to go.

Your mother will go when she goes. It is out of your hands. It is in the LORDS hands.
    And when she is ready he will call her home. I don't think she is scared, or afraid, or not wanting to go.
    I think a lot of people just don't know how to let go.

And at 67 I will admit the subject worries me some.
    But I have talked with the Lord about it and he tells me not to worry.

He knows who I am and how I feel, after all he made me.
    Why would he not plan an ending that makes sense for me?
    I trust him, hopefully you can too.

The machines are not good, not good to keep the body alive for long once the mind is gone. Just makes money for the hospital.

I can admit that a part of me still feels some guilt over a conversation I had with my mother some 6 years back.
    We were visiting, dad and my wife left the room for something. I leaned over and told mom straight up. 3 days without drinking mom. No IV's, take no fluids, don't eat, just stop. And the pain will be over inside a week.
    2 months after we lost my dad she had a little cold. And after that she refused to eat or drink. And in 5 days she was gone.

As I said, a part of me feels guilt over that. A bigger part of me says "bill you opened the door so your mom could rejoin her love. How can you be said, or ashamed of that?"

And mostly I'm not, I know she is with dad. I was crying one night some 3-4 months after her funeral. Some show where the mom died.
    And I'm sobbing, tears rolling down my face. And I feel her hand on my left shoulder. Her voice whispers "Bill you are doing just FINE. Just carry on as you are, all is well" And then I felt dad's heavy hand on my right shoulder, and a very soft "love you son"

And then I see in my mind a picture, mom with her hand on my left, dad on the right, both smiling down with love.
    And behind them is the LORD with his hands on their shoulders, looking at them, and me, the same way.

But what do I know, maybe I'm just a crazy ol man who hears and see's crazy stuff.

So be it, I'll own it.

Mom past away this morning she’s with god and my best friend raven my lab
    Dave Biesenbach
    port charlotte fl

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by 4719dave View Post
    Mom past away this morning she’s with god and my best friend raven my lab
    Dave, I can't say how sorry I am for your loss of your mom! As you know moms are so important to us and I pray that God grant you please and healing. May God bless you with a flood of good memories and those special moments you shared with her over your life. Dave, God will get you through the grieving ..... but I believe that your mom is still there with you .... you just have to listen to your heart and she will be there for you....Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Dave I feel your pain. But quick and easy is the best possible way to go.

2 weeks ago we heard that the aunt we spent 6 weeks with in New Orleans had passed in her sleep. She lived a long full life and did it with style and grace. No tears here for Skelly. We miss her of course, as do her children, her friends, her neighbors. But no tears, no regrets.

I hope that in a short amount of time you will be able to feel the same about your mom. Mom's are special, period. Sorry you lost yours.

Best regards

Bill in Fargo

Prayers sent for you sent your family.

Prayers sent.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Buddy
    Condolences on the loss of your mom. You’re in my prayers.

Boolit Master
    Dave, my friend, you are the living testament to your Mom. In every interaction I've had with you, you've been kind, generous, and thoughtful. The kind of man every mother wants her son to be.
    I'm sure she is looking down on you proudly and lovingly, from Heaven.
    I am so sorry for your loss.

Don

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry Dave. You will still feel her and hear her if you listen. My Mom has been gone for almost ten years and I still can hear her now and then if I listen or talk to her. Prayers sent.

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Dave the Lord finished her Mansion and came to take her to be with him. Take time to rejoice. Grieve and heal for the loss of a beloved mother. But know this was not the end of the story, you will see her again for eternity. Let the joyful memories carry you because those memories will carry you forward. Praying for you as you go forward.

Prayers for you and your family. Phyllis and I will have you on our prayer list. We know what it's like to lose parents. God bless you in your grief. We have assurance of seeing them again in heaven.

Laid mom to rest today she’s with the big guy now no more pain etc . Hard saying good by . Want to say thanks from bottom of my heart . Great family here
    Dave Biesenbach
    port charlotte fl

Boolit Master
    Dave,
    It will take a while, but the hurt will become less intense. Keep all of the good memories up front, and smile for the years and the love. Our hearts and prayers are with you.

Don

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Prayer sent for you and your family . I agree with Paul and Jim , it is a temporary situation . We will all be reunited in time , in the meantime our Lord provides us with good memories to carry us through .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12