Reloading EverythingWidenersRepackboxInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
PBcastco RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Habor Frieght Powder

Banned
    Hf Red Works ...so does Yellow... White, not so much...
    BUT...It is finicky. You have to use it in VERY DRY WEATHER to get a good coat.
    If you get a good coat...You are good to go.

The big problem with HF powder coating is the with application. Usually takes at least 2 coats where other brands give good coverage with just one coat.

Boolit Buddy
    started with hfr powder. it worked well and it covered very old cast lead bullets well. but then i move to smokes powder and it is better.

HF Red covers everything, very well too...

Set the HF container on top of a tub full of TANNERITE .... step back a few paces and 'let'r rip' .... must be my spray method?

a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master
    I put HF Red in a salt shaker and sprinkle on top of standing boolits to designate higher pressure rounds. Buggers don’t like being shot with the red tipped boolits.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hossfly View Post
    I put HF Red in a salt shaker and sprinkle on top of standing boolits to designate higher pressure rounds. Buggers don’t like being shot with the red tipped boolits.
    Now there is an idea....think I will give er a try. Show us some pics of red tipped boolits please.

Boolit Buddy
    I like this idea as well, may try a q-tip dipped in red for a more solid and controlled red tip especially on flat faced boolits.

Interesting. I gotta try that sometime. I've got a bunch of HF paint laying around unused.

Red tipped boolits look cool but when I tried that I didn't think about causing the tip to have varying thickness of of PC and how that'd affect my seating...especially when trying to seat perfectly in a crimp groove where variations in OAL show up instantly.

If you try this keep that in mind as you figure a way to get the PC on evenly.

a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Bub
    ACC / I am new to powder coating but am quite taken with it..In my area the only harbor freight colors available are white and black. I tried the white with poor results. The two colors (blue and red) of Eastwood powder I have tried both work great..I have yet to have any leading issues with the revolvers and semi autos I have tested..Most all of my several 9mm pistols gave me leading fits with everything I tried. Until that is I tried the eastwood powder coatings. Zero leading issues with any of my 9s anymore. I have also shot 130 to 150 grn full powder 357 mag loads with little or no leading and fine accuracy..Thus far at least, what's not to like?
    Speak softly and carry a big stick... TR

Simple. I like it. I had been using a paint brush to do this. I think this will work better. I mark my boolits that are cast of alloy intended to expand.
    Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BrutalAB View Post
    Simple. I like it. I had been using a paint brush to do this. I think this will work better. I mark my boolits that are cast of alloy intended to expand.
    My wife gave me a "blush brush" that she uses for make up. Powder stick to it real well...going to give that a try.

Boolit Master

I have used and even mixed all the H.F. powders red cures the easiest and black needs to bake longer mostly I apply it wet* then stand them on Silicone baking sheet to cook/cure .
    I have only used the electrostatic sprayer with the red color never mixed the powders in it . They are sprayed on a jig that bakes with the bullets in same place after spraying.

* just enough acetone is added to powder to make it liquid then bullets are rolled and tumbled in the mix until coated.
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Bub
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Red_Lee_356_102_1R.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	255177
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wad Cutters.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	255178

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12