Load DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Repackbox

Thread: Please remember why the USA became a country & why the Revolutionary War was fought!

Boolit Master

Please remember why the USA became a country & why the Revolutionary War was fought!

Many times it is said that the United States of America began as a fight against taxes by King George of England, because there was no "representation" in the British Parliament (Their "Congress) for the colonists & other such things done by the British Gubment that were oppressive in those times.

That is not really the reason for the fight that started the US revolutionary War & how the "shot heard round the World" happened, like what is taught today , ( If it "is" taught).

What really started it all off was at Lexington & Concord , Massachusetts, as well as nearby villages, when the provincial British Governor, General Gage, who was concerned about the colonists being armed & having powder & ball for their firearms with their ability to fight back against the tyranny of the laws & edicts of those times , so he sent some British "Red Coat" troops to those towns to "Confiscate" the Arms, powder & ball from the colonists to prevent them from rising into armed conflict with British forces & quell the civil unrest that was being forced on the colonists by the British Crown, its' government system & how the colonists & families were treated in those times.

Our American ( US) history used to be shared with folks & taught them how those folks in those times fought back against tyranny & won...

Here is a Smithsonian article that describes a bit of some of the history of that time & how important it was that there was powder to be had to allow the colonists to fight back against the tyranny they were faced with thru British rule.

Here is the link to that article, if you care to read it:

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/histo...ion-180970375/

Part of this history is why the 2nd Amendment was written into the US Constitution & included as part of the Bill of Rights.

To prevent Tyrants from taking away the means to protect the citizens against the tyranny of others... Which is why "Gun Control" in any form or infringement, is a tyrannical act.
    Last edited by JBinMN; 11-04-2019 at 10:57 PM.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    Excellent point! Thank you.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I think they missed teaching this to me in the 40s and 50s...... or I might have been sleeping when they did. Hey, I appreciate you showing us this JBinMN

Boolit Master

Appreciate the history lesson. Didn't know that.

Banned
    America is at a crossroads once again.
    Everyone better wake up, get their heads out of their ***** and prepare for Round 2.
    R/Griff

Boolit Master
    Thank you from down under, I enjoyed the history lesson. Regards Stephen

Boolit Master
    I went to school in the '50s and '60s. I have since learned that the history we learned back then was only partially true, and some of it was actually wrong.

Boolit Master

the schools no matter when you went to them taught what they wanted the students to know about our history, world history and even life nothing has changed but what they want the students to know is much less than was taught in the past. A dump people know little more than they have been taught and base all decisions on that knowledge.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Outstanding post JBinMN!! Even for those who were taught a watered down version of US history years ago it's still subject to fade as the years go by. And then add to that being exposed to partial truths and outright lies by TV and movies all these years, and it gets even harder to remember the real history lessons!

Boolit Grand Master
    The difference today is that many of our citizens want to disarm us. It is a totally different "enemy".

Although the Bill of Rights addresses our right to keep and bear arms, we have already seen how the federal government, states, and cities can take those rights away from us in a piecemeal fashion in order to "protect fellow Americans".

If the majority of Americans decide to eviscerate the 2nd Amendment, such legislation will be passed. There is already the required precedents to do so. Only the SCOTUS could stop legislation that compromises our RTKBA.

What lies ahead in not the same as the Revolutionary War. Our enemy comes from within, and it will use laws enacted and enforced by the government "we the people" elected to subdue us. Anyone taking up arms will be labelled (rightly) as a domestic terrorist. And we cannot say, like the Colonies could, that we do not have representation.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

I learned this in 10th grade. In both Civics and American History. Taught in the Los Angeles CITY School System.

That summer (1969) the Los Angeles CITY School System and the Los Angeles COUNTY School System combined to form the L. A. Unified School District.

Boy, did things go down the tubes in a hurry. The dress code disappeared and so did 6th period.

California went from #1 in the Nation in 1968 to 49th in 2012.

Civics were replaced by "Social Studies". The Constitution was no longer taught. What was taught was we were a democracy Not a REPUBLIC.
    The blasted teachers didn't even know the History or Beginnings of our Great Nation. Or even how our System of Gov't works.

Thank You for the info and Link.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Master
    Much of your post is spot on, but I disagree with the point that the battle of Lexington and Concord was the reason for the war. It was the taxation and ramped up from there. Lets not forget the dumping of the tea in Boston harbor. The Boston Massacre was also a reason even though only three persons died. The colonists were unhappy and looking for a fight. The fact that the British army treated the people like serfs was also a reason.
    Last edited by koehn,jim; 11-05-2019 at 06:22 PM. Reason: accuracy
    jim

Banned
    It wasn't just the tax, quartering troops and having them butcher your livestock and taking items from your house was more than most could bear. Yeah there is a mention about quartering troops and for good reason it's in the Bill of Rights too.

Boolit Master

Taxation with representation seems to suck as bad.

Guncontrol however is the same reason coming in fact it is CONTROL that is the problem.

Elitist's wanting to control everyone they feel are beneath them.