Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Load Data Wideners
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Progressive presses

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by onelight View Post
    I agree totally . You can often feel or hear a problem before you see it.
    Yes, all day long...
    I cannot understand how anyone can crush a case, I can feel when a case bumps into the end of the sizing die, stop pushing the lever, reach in and nudge the case so it enters the die.
    The same goes for priming, it's all in the feel...
    Size/Prime a few cases when starting off with a progressive and put them aside. You can plug them back into the process when a bad/odd case screws up in the priming station and continue loading.

Banned
    I'm a Dillon user for over 30 year. I have 2 550b one setup for small primer and the other for Larger primer. Dillon no BS warranty sold me. I call them and they send me the part. Hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenstone View Post
    The same goes for priming, it's all in the feel...
    That's one of my few complaints with the 1050... you can't "feel" the primer going in. On all of my other presses, you can "feel" the primer going in, but not on the 1050. It's also the only press I've ever popped a primer on while loading; had I been able to feel the problem, it never would've popped.
    "Things sure are a lot more like the way they are now than they used to be." --Yogi Berra

Boolit Master
    Proper priming is of utmost importance.

I have a friend who sometimes left a random fired case in a revolver cylinder,to check his possible flinch with a 475 SA revolver. The good old surprise-technique.

Once he went shooting, the "click" came right away at the first shot so he thought it was the empty case. He fired the second time, bang, the loading gate entered his right shoulder and came out from his lower back making a 10" wound. He lost half a gallon of blood but survived.

For whatever reason the first round didn't ignite properly until the next round was fired. You never know when a "dud" goes off.

Whenever I hear a "click"... well lets's just say I don't want to hear a click. Ever. The good old RCBS hand primer with the right shellholder has a " feel".
    Last edited by Petander; 12-16-2019 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Gun type clarify

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678