Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationLoad DataRepackboxReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What powder do y'all load 10mm?

Quote Originally Posted by scotner View Post
    I am loading the Lee 401-175-TC using AA#5. Seems to be a very accurate combination in all of my 10's. I do like AA#9 as well. You can get a bit more velocity from #9 but it takes more of it. Last gun show I went to I ran across a deal on Accurate Arms. I bought 8 pounds of #5 and a pound of #9 at $15/lb so I bought the whole lot. I will be loading 10mm with the #5 and using the #9 for 357 Sig.

I am getting about 1075 fps from my XDM 4.5" and 1125 fps from my 8" Banshee with #5.
    You can get a lot more vel with AA#9 vs AA#5 in the 10mm & at lower pressures.
    I love AA#9 with 200gr bullets. With 180gr, AA#7 & BLueDot seem a better fit as does Longshot. You can reach 180gr/1300fps loads safely in a stock G20.
    Just me maybe but I never got the accuracy or vel I wanted out of 800X & it is a huge PITA to meter, pass.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

Went to the range today and tried some loads out. I built up a ladder of AA#9 and Blue Dot. I brought my little Lee press, dies, powder, etc to play with the loads, but I only got to play with the AA9 loads before I ran out of time... Gonna have to go back to the range...

The gun was a Ruger GP100 MC 10MM.

The boolit was the Accurate 40-180 H PC'd and sized to 0.401". The COL was 1.260" and I used WLP primers. I had the mold made without the lube band because I powder coat, so the boolits come out to right around 187 grain.

With AA#9 I had really good accuracy and the load I liked was:
    13.1 grain AA9 produced these speeds:
    1274, 1255, 1277, 1266, 1271, 1269

This was a pretty stout load. I like it.

With Blue Dot, the load I found to be the most accurate was 10.5 grain (I ran out of time but want to try 10.7 or 11 grn) and the #s were:
    1270, 1265, 1234, 1271, 1257, 1241
    I noticed a lot of soot and crud still in the cases, so I think I need to up the charge to maybe 11 or so to get complete combustion... But for another day...

And for a control, I bought a box of 200 grn PMC Bronze that I used to get my sights on target. The #s on these were:
    1013, 1006, 1031, 1026, 1036

Fun day at the range, but I think I need to go back and shoot a little hotter Blue Dot rounds to see if the soot/crud cleans up and the spread gets smaller...
    Last edited by 44Blam; 11-09-2019 at 11:56 PM.
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master

Just completed work up of three loads yesterday all using Blue Dot powder.

My NOE 181WFN using a cupmpoint. Clocked 1345 average.

A 200G Hard Cast GC clocked smack on 1200 fos

A 220G deep hollow point clocked 1150 average.

ALL loads printed a 6” group off hand and a sub 4” group off bags @ 50 yards. Gun was my G40 W/6” KKM barrel open sites.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Are the 200 and 220 bullets your own cast? I've been looking for a heavy 10mm HP mold.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cwlongshot View Post
    Just completed work up of three loads yesterday all using Blue Dot powder.

My NOE 181WFN using a cupmpoint. Clocked 1345 average.

A 200G Hard Cast GC clocked smack on 1200 fos

A 220G deep hollow point clocked 1150 average.

ALL loads printed a 6” group off hand and a sub 4” group off bags @ 50 yards. Gun was my G40 W/6” KKM barrel open sites.

CW
    I live in Komifonia and sadly the Glock 40 is not on the "roster" (list of pistols you can buy). I wanted to buy one because 10mm in a 6" kkm barrel in a long slide Glock is coooooool... And I know you can do glock 20 builds, but I cannot find anyone who sells the long slide or a Glock 40 build...
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master

Yes. IINM there is a long shide offered for the G20. But aside from Looks its not needed. I ran this KKM barrel for a few years in my G20 just fine.

Ryan,

Both of these bullets are commercial. The 220HP is from GT Bullets. I like them cause I can by as cast and still Powder Coat then size them Myself.

The 200 WFN is from Double Tap. Not sure they sell them any longer.

CW

CW,

I sent an inquiry to NOE about a heavy 10mm mold. I'd love to be able to cast my own heavy HP. Haven't heard back yet.

Boolit Master

I was gonna have mountain Molds copy this 200 WFN after I was sure it fed and shot well. It does both in all three of my Glocks. I have t tried it i. The Deltas but I didnt buy them for that.

I like this 220. But wont shoot it enough to make the buy. I can get 250 shipped to me from GT for about 40$. Thats a couple years supply plus. I do shoot the 10’s a fair amount, but I have a 200g Lyman and a NOE 181 WFP mold as well.

Even this 200WFN as much as I like it. I have four hundred from Double tap I doubt I have shot a hundred of them since I got them a couple tears ago.

The GT bullets are a lil soft @ 10 bhn but as I powder coat them they are perfect. My buddy tested them in wet phone books and found very consistent expansion from 1100-1250 ish. Much past 14 the expanded part rips off. At 1200 they look like that classic Remington add about the most dangerous mushroom In the forest some twenty years ago.

Check them out even if just to try. They offer 401 & 402 as well as as cast in a few different styles. They also offer 100piece boxes.

CW

How do you remove the lube prior to PC?

Boolit Master

When ya buy “as cast” its right outta the mold. No size or lube.

Big reason I liked them initially. Bullets are nicely cast and quality. Weights where quite close too. As I said juat a bit soft. But as Im PC them that was not a worry. By going with the 220g there is zero danger of pushing them Too fast as 1200 is/ would be a top load

CW

Boolit Master
    i used johnsons & johnsons once....they didn't shoot!

Quote Originally Posted by 44Blam View Post
    I live in Komifonia and sadly the Glock 40 is not on the "roster" (list of pistols you can buy). I wanted to buy one because 10mm in a 6" kkm barrel in a long slide Glock is coooooool... And I know you can do glock 20 builds, but I cannot find anyone who sells the long slide or a Glock 40 build...
    You try LoneWolf?
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12