WidenersTitan ReloadingInline FabricationADvertise here
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackbox

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who likes serrated blades?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by salpal48 View Post
    Serrated knives are the worst. In the Home Or Out for Dinner. Ever Notice you can no longer Get a Good Pointed straight edge @ a restaurant. especially @ a Steak Place Or just Plain meat. When You ask for One The table person says they Don't have one. a few weeks ago I brought my own To a Place and was told not to bring One again . Against insurance Regs. Also My wife got mad
    Lol...

Boolit Master
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hattori.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	254671I prefer the looks of a knife without serrated blades. However, there are some jobs where serrations are superior. My favorite design for serrations (fixed blade) are to have them on the spine of the knife, like this Junglee Hattori. On the spine, the serrations are there when you need them and out of the way when one is slicing or whittling.
    Last edited by bowfin; 01-11-2020 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Punctuation

Boolit Master
    I have been known to use my pocket knife on a steak more than once!
    This is from the A.G. Russell knife catalog, written by the late A.G. Russell, who not only sold knives, but designed knives and collaborated with some of the great knife makers:

If you know me or follow our catalogs, you probably already know how I feel about going to a fine restaurant (or even a steak house), ordering a steak and having to cut (rather tear) it with those horrible knives the restaurant provides. I always have several folding knives on me so find myself using one of those. While I clean my knives often, they are probably not as sanitary as they need to be for this purpose. For that reason, we offer knives like these with a carrying pouch which can be carried in your pocket or in a lady's purse. Send the ugly restaurant knife back to the kitchen and use this elegant steak knife that will CUT your steak instead of tearing it. The blades can easily be dipped into your water glass and wiped clean on a napkin then washed in warm soapy water when you get home. DO NOT put them in the dishwasher.
    https://agrussell.com/knife/Folding-...lo--NER-HK02CO

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by salpal48 View Post
    Serrated knives are the worst. In the Home Or Out for Dinner. Ever Notice you can no longer Get a Good Pointed straight edge @ a restaurant. especially @ a Steak Place Or just Plain meat. When You ask for One The table person says they Don't have one. a few weeks ago I brought my own To a Place and was told not to bring One again . Against insurance Regs. Also My wife got mad
    I use my EDC folding hunters ( uncle Henry, case) or sodbusters (case , eye brand) in public often. I think I would have left the establishment at the moment I was reprimanded by the server?? I guess I am less tolerant than most when it comes to stupid. That'd be my last visit there ......lost revenue for them.

1Papalote

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12