Titan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
WidenersRepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finished my 10/22 finally!

Boolit Buddy

Finished my 10/22 finally!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/asse...4&d=1572791332

Gents - Here's one of my typical projects, start to finish almost a year and a half, but finished last night finally! I posted previously about a Ruger 77/22 Mag RSI model I found, which prompted me to try to find something similar in a 10/22 version. So it started last year, looked at what Ruger had to offer for a fan of blued steel and walnut in the 10/22 models with a full stock. They still offer them with both birch and walnut stocks. While looking into them, I found Ruger had made a special run of full stock 10/22s for Talo Distributors a few years ago. This model (Ruger #11104) had a full length french walnut stock, basket weave style checkering with a nice cheekpiece. It also had qd studs on the forearm and toe, rather than the sling loop on the forearm and a butt plate vs a red butt pad. It took on and off looking for nearly six months, but I found a NIB one on Gunsamaerica and picked it up for a very good deal. I have no idea how many were made, but they don't show up often. It took another month plus, to coordinate schedules with my FFL and get it into my hands. I wanted to scope it with a compact style scope, as it will be mostly a range rifle, maybe see the woods on a nice day. Over a few more months, I settled on a Weaver 1x20 scope and decided to go with matte finish Leupold rings and a mount, to match the receiver finish. I had all of the parts stockpiled here for the better part of 3 months, but work, home and kid sports has not allowed for alot of fun time for the shooting sports. I made it a mandatory project earlier in the week to take care of it this weekend, as I want to get to the range with it, before the snow starts. It was a straight forward process of putting it all together and here's the result. Please don't beat me up on the sling, it's actually a $5 repro AK47 sling I found at a LGS. Thought I'd use it on a .22 at some point and it looks good enough, until I can find a decent leather one! Thanks Bill in MA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Ruger 1022.jpg  

That is a very fine looking rifle. Well done.

I've always loved those Mannlicher stocks. Beautiful rifle.
    Dan Wesson 744V .44mag, S&W Mod 19-4 .357 , Stevens 200 .223

Nice! We'll need a range report.

Very nice! I love the Mannlicher look. What's not to like about a sling that works? I remember the hemp rope "sling" that I used on my first 10/22 in the late 60's.

Nice rifle, I’ve also thought that mannlicher stocks were super sharp and the basketweave makes it even sharper. When you get a proper leather sling make sure it has a basketweave pattern on it to complete the look.

Boolit Master
    I like the ak 47 sling. There tough and do the job.

Beautiful rifle for sure, 1x20 as in 1x magnification? I had a Weaver K1.5x on a 10/22 as a lad. Once I quit freaking out about seeing the front sight in the scope, I could hit running Jacks and Cottontails pretty easily. It refreshing to see a .22 without a big 3x9 scope on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    It refreshing to see a .22 without a big 3x9 scope on it!
    This. I was hesitant to add a scope to my 10/22 at all but relented due to poor vision. I was extremely particular and mounted a small fixed power 2.5X Circle-X scope. Put what you want to hit inside the circle and it's hit like a laser beam.
    Dan Wesson 744V .44mag, S&W Mod 19-4 .357 , Stevens 200 .223

Boolit Grand Master
    Dandy looking rifle.
    Don Verna

In Remembrance

That's a very nice looking rifle, I really like the checkering pattern.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for the feedback. It's not the best pic, but it's the only one I had. I think I've only posted 3 or 4 pics on this site and every time I think I've done it differently. The scope is a fixed 1x and you can see the front sight thru it, but do not believe it will be an issue. As it will be pretty much a 50 yd range/ fun rifle, I did not want to spend big money on the glass. I wanted something that would look "correct" for the type of rifle it is, a light weight sporter. With a thin profile barrel and full length stock, I'm not expecting it to shoot like an Anschutz. I have yet to give it a quick internal clean up and inspection, since receiving it and hope to get that taken care of this week, so it will be range ready when time allows. Thanks again, Bill in MA

Boolit Buddy
    I think it's OK to hijack my own thread, but this is the rifle that prompted the search for the above 10/22. It's the one I posted on a while back. This is a Lipsey Distributor limited run of the 77/22 in 22 Mag from a few years ago. I found this one on GB like new in the box, from the original owner. This was my first full length stock rifle and it really grew on me. I had some extra fun money at the time, so I opted for a Leupold 1-4x and used Warne QD rings to attach it. I put a versacarry leather tabbed, web sling on it, to finish it off. The trigger was fine and it seems to shoot everything well at 50 yds. My only issue is that it looks like it has a SS bolt stuffed in a blued receiver (personal taste). I did find Ruger parts at GPC to swap out the bolt shroud and striker, to make the bolt look more "blued" like the earlier rifles in the 77/22 series. If I can find a minty blued bolt handle in minty condition, I'd probably swap that too, but I can't find any available at this time. Thanks, Bill in MA
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	77 22 RSI sized.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	250668

Boolit Master

Walnut and blued steel! What's not to like about it.
    Mighty fine.

Boolit Bub
    Very nice indeed

Boolit Bub
    A well done Quest !!!!

Boolit Master

Looks great! Just got my 1st 10/22 this week. I bought one with the wood stock.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Have you had a field test with it yet?

Banned
    The wood is very nice, love the grain. Hard to find wood like that now a days

Very nice, don't have a 10/22 fs rifle but I've owned a Anschutz fs (late 50's mfg) for decades. Put a 2.5x weaver with a post reticle on it for squirrel hunting.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast