Load DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Wideners Inline Fabrication

Thread: Price check needed on TCR 83's?

Boolit Master

Price check needed on TCR 83's?

Folks I need a price check on TCR 83's, I think that is the correct name for the single shot TC Rifles made in the 80's up thru the 90's. I have 2 of them coming off auction here locally on Wed. One is a 30/06, the other a .243, both have great wood, and are mint overall. I was thinking $400-500, max, each. They are both sitting at under $200 right now. All feedback appreciated.

Boolit Master
    There was one at a local show a couple weeks back, with three extra barrels, that the owner wanted $2000 for. It didn’t seem to garner any buyer interest.

A friend had one. I found the reach from the long pistol grip to the front trigger was too far for my hand. They look pretty cool, though.

Boolit Grand Master
    I would go maybe $350 on one. I don't believe any parts are around for them. I bought one at Cabelas for $500 with 4 barrels. Too bad I didn't try and shoot it within the 30 day warranty, but when I tried, it only fired once in about 10 times. Sold two of the barrels to try and get some $$ back. Barrels go for $200-$300 usually, almost as much as the whole gun is worth.
    Still haven't figured out what is wrong with the gun, so its spare parts for my other '83

There were a few different types of TCR's made - the Model 83, the Model 83 Aristocrat, and the Model 87 Hunter.

The Model 87 had a slightly different stock design and less polishing prior to bluing than the Model 83's did.

All are great lightweight & scopeable stalking rifles.

There are a few parts vendors available for them, AND extra barrels.

$350 "might" get you a barrel, today.

While once upon a time, I solda TCR (I've had several, over the years) for $600, the last one I sold (a .22-250) was on gunbroker.com a year ago for $850.

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride