RotoMetals2WidenersLee PrecisionLoad Data
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Cast Boolits Internet Matches

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.

Upcoming Cast Boolits Internet Matches

Once Christmas and New Year's gets out of the way, I will be starting up the internet matches again this year. Fatnhappy has supplyed me with a large amount of load info sheets, to be used in ammo boxes, a la Shuz. These will be sent to each competitor, who sends along an SASE with his targets.

I've not set the matches yet, and would like a little imput. I've recieved one request for lever action matches so far, and am fully open to suggestions from you guys. Whatcha want this year?

Let me know what you want to shoot this winter, and I'll get them lined out, and on the trail.

All rules and specifications wil be posted on the board, hopefully around mid January. Then we can get to shooting.

For newcomers, this is come one, come all, regardless of experience. This is a postal match, and results will be posted at the end of each shooting period, or as my time allows to score the targets. The point of the match, is to get us some trigger time in the winter months, and to see what loads are working well for others. No real prizes, darn little glory, just some fun, and outrageous excuses from some entrants!

Boolit Master
    Sounds like fun. Off hand? Peestol? Scope? Iron sights? OLD guns ?

Heck I'll shoot anything, so will my children.

David

HONCHO EMERITUS

Talking

Just brainstorming here:

Leverguns firing rifle cartridges
    Leverguns firing pistol cartidges
    (scoped or unscoped)

Milsurps, maybe break it down by types or calibers.
    (maybe include Sporterized milsurps with original sights)

Scoped & unscoped factory hunting rifles

Single shot cartridge rifles

Smokepoles - traditional of course
    Inlines

Single shot hunting handguns

Revolvers

Semi Auto handguns

The combinations are almost endless. Could be a lot on fun!
    -Matt
    Group Buys Honcho'd: C326-175-FN, 434-210-RF, C434-210-RF, 30-165-SIL-MOD, 358156-PB, 413-170-Keith, C348-225-FN, 8mm SIL, 45-230-CM, 45-270-Ohaus/SWC, Edd's 28-170-FN

Boolit Grand Master

I like the 10 shot group format.

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    In my particular mind frame, after shooting almost a lifetime at paper, I don't want to do it anymore. Purely psycho, if you will. Today, of all days lately, was a nice one here in Fort Smith. I couldn't resist taking out that light weight Ruger 44 lever gun, and proceeded to outshoot myself many times over. Too bad we can't use movie cameras because you guys would have been amazed as well. 60-80 yard shots were almost all PERFECT. Maybe 5 misses out of 40 shots. Even parcels of clay pidgons were completely blasted at 80 yards. My best day in 2 years with a gun. To put iceing on the cake, these were full house loads with 250 LFNs, and to top that off, I probably have not shot over 200 rounds in 2 years. Just been under the weather far to long. ... felix
    felix

Boolit Master
    I dont care what we shoot long as it gives off some heat! Man its awfuly c c c cold here!
    BIC/BS

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek
    Waksupi, Groups OK, but some offhand too. I believe that somewhere in the Old Testament there is a verse that says, "rise up and smite thy target." What else could it be but an endorsement of offhand shooting? Also,
    separate scopes from irons.
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

I'm in.

I'm a new guy.

Rifles, off a rest, 100 yds (50 is better, no road trips, shoot at the home place).

I am gonna sell my M1917 and my P14 and my M1903 this winter on gunbroker.com,

so do something for those first.

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

What do I get if I win?

Boolit Master
    Fatnhappy
    How bout a case of colored party ice? Comes in yellow only.
    BIC/BS

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi
    Once Christmas and New Year's gets out of the way, I will be starting up the internet matches again this year. Fatnhappy has supplyed me with a large amount of load info sheets, to be used in ammo boxes, a la Shuz. These will be sent to each competitor, who sends along an SASE with his targets.

I've not set the matches yet, and would like a little imput. I've recieved one request for lever action matches so far, and am fully open to suggestions from you guys. Whatcha want this year?

Let me know what you want to shoot this winter, and I'll get them lined out, and on the trail.

All rules and specifications wil be posted on the board, hopefully around mid January. Then we can get to shooting.

For newcomers, this is come one, come all, regardless of experience. This is a postal match, and results will be posted at the end of each shooting period, or as my time allows to score the targets. The point of the match, is to get us some trigger time in the winter months, and to see what loads are working well for others. No real prizes, darn little glory, just some fun, and outrageous excuses from some entrants!
    Waksupi,
    I am thinking

A 50yd lever action iron sight class,
    a 100yd military iron sight class,
    factory rifle scope class,
    a factory rifle iron sight class,
    and a 22 center fire class,
    or in other words EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DANIEL/BS JR.

Quote Originally Posted by cropcirclewalker
    I'm in.

I'm a new guy.

Rifles, off a rest, 100 yds (50 is better, no road trips, shoot at the home place).

I am gonna sell my M1917 and my P14 and my M1903 this winter on gunbroker.com,

so do something for those first.
    cropcirclewalker, nice avitar...I wondered what happened to my ex, haven't seen her since the seventies

jim

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatnhappy
    What do I get if I win?

I'm sure I can find something here. I have some Canadian money left lying around. Want some of that?

I'll pass on the Canuck tp.

Seriously though, how does a postal match work? I've never done one before.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kenjuudo
    cropcirclewalker, nice avitar...I wondered what happened to my ex, haven't seen her since the seventies

jim

Quote Originally Posted by fatnhappy

I'll pass on the Canuck tp.

Seriously though, how does a postal match work? I've never done one before.
    I will set the rules, the matches, and the time periods in which each will be shot. They may all run concurrently, to make the mailing of multiple targets easier. Then, all targets will be mailed to me for scoring, after which the results will be posted.

Boolit Buddy
    do you have a target design that will be posted on the Board, then printed off by interrested people ? Could you design a target that won't use so much dad-blasted ink ? that stuff aint cheap and i have a feeling im going to be using up quite abit of it .
    Real guns shoot at least an ounce of lead

The one ya run back on shooters fer Belly guns was fun...
    Regard's John

Quote Originally Posted by The Nyack Kid
    do you have a target design that will be posted on the Board, then printed off by interrested people ? Could you design a target that won't use so much dad-blasted ink ? that stuff aint cheap and i have a feeling im going to be using up quite abit of it .

I think we can find someone to print them for cheap. The distribution is the tricky part.
    It might just be far easier to post a .pdf and let everyone go to a kinkos instead of printing them at home. If that's a problem for someone I could square them away on an individual basis.

At ease, on the targets, guys. All will be explained. We shoot for group size.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast