RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Wideners Load Data

Thread: Reasembly of Firestar .40 prolbems, Anyone else experience this?

Boolit Master

Reasembly of Firestar .40 prolbems, Anyone else experience this?

I am having a time putting a Star Firestar, .40 back together. The owner bought it to me to have a new extractor put in, which I was luck to find. When I started to put it back together, lined the marks up on the slide and frame, to put the slide release/retaining pin back in, it is a struggle, and when I do get it in, the slide does not want to go forward, and the recoil spring guide wants to stick out some thru the end of the slide. I have detail cleaned, and replaced a few parts on probably 30 of these in the past 35+ years of gunsmithing, and never had a hiccup. I can put the slide on without the barrel/recoil spring and it just falls together. I am thinking the captured recoil spring/guide comb is not staying where it needs to when reassembled, is dropping down. Anyone have any feedback or similar issues with one of these. I know it just has to be something simple, but I am worn out and feeling stupid for not figuring this out, all feedback appreciated.

Boolit Master

Never had that problem with mine... then it was stolen and I really miss it.

I wish I had one to look at to help you. The Star pistols are sorely missed, indeed. I would love to have another PD .45!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Never had that issue with mine.
    Spell check doesn't work in Chrome, so if something is spelled wrong, it's just a typo that I missed.

On an island in a lake in a rainforest of liberals
    I got a Firestar 40 in starvel finish in ~1994 at a gun show. I took it home, shot it, and it jammed. I took it back and threw it at the guy I bought it from.

I did not have enough money to throw guns away in 1994, but I guess I just lost it.