Inline FabricationRepackboxTitan ReloadingWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyADvertise hereLee PrecisionRotoMetals2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 52 of 52

Thread: Lee Automatic Processing Press

  1. #41
    Boolit Master

    tomme boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Clinton, Iowa
    Posts
    4,613
    Anyone that ordered from Midsouth get theirs yet? Sounds like Lee and Titan were the only ones that got them.

  2. #42
    Boolit Buddy
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Hills of Florida
    Posts
    113
    looks like Grafs got a few

  3. #43
    Boolit Master

    tomme boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Clinton, Iowa
    Posts
    4,613
    Just got the email from Midsouth that the press is in. Hopefully have it by the end of the week.

  4. #44
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Corsicana, Tx.
    Posts
    740
    I've been considering getting one and I may have read this somewhere before, but I'm guessing any push thru type sizing die will work with this unit.

    Would this be correct?

    I've got a few old style Lee's, but they make them in such a limited range, I was also thinking about getting the Noe setup.

    Will it work with the new APP press?

    Thanks.
    "What makes you think I care" ........High Plains Drifter

    Rick C.

  5. #45
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    OKC , Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,586
    Quote Originally Posted by hpdrifter View Post
    I've been considering getting one and I may have read this somewhere before, but I'm guessing any push thru type sizing die will work with this unit.

    Would this be correct?

    I've got a few old style Lee's, but they make them in such a limited range, I was also thinking about getting the Noe setup.

    Will it work with the new APP press?

    Thanks.
    Here is a link to a video he shows how he set up for the NOE sizer.
    He also has made a video showing how to set up with the older Lee sizer dies. https://youtu.be/wT33yAJDqAk

  6. #46
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Corsicana, Tx.
    Posts
    740
    Quote Originally Posted by onelight View Post
    Here is a link to a video he shows how he set up for the NOE sizer.
    He also has made a video showing how to set up with the older Lee sizer dies. https://youtu.be/wT33yAJDqAk
    Watched most of the video. Seems he is using the Lee push rod with the Noe Die inserted "upside-down"

    All well and good, but I was wanting specifically to start with 375 and Lee doesn't even offer a 375 push rod.

    Hmmmm???

    Don't think I want to order a special order die set.
    "What makes you think I care" ........High Plains Drifter

    Rick C.

  7. #47
    Boolit Bub

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Augusta, GA
    Posts
    58
    Wait for the Lee upgraded version of the Dillon 450 progressive press, all of the functions including 1/2 price replacement warranty.

  8. #48
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Corsicana, Tx.
    Posts
    740
    I received my APP press yesterday. Got it setup to de-prime 45 ACP and size 45 ACP bullets(451)
    that I powder coated and some 45 Colt(452

    This thing almost makes if feel like a sin it's so fast and easy.

    I'm gonna have to cast and shoot some more; I'm out of bullets to size and almost out of 45ACP to size.
    "What makes you think I care" ........High Plains Drifter

    Rick C.

  9. #49
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    OKC , Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,586
    Quote Originally Posted by hpdrifter View Post
    I received my APP press yesterday. Got it setup to de-prime 45 ACP and size 45 ACP bullets(451)
    that I powder coated and some 45 Colt(452

    This thing almost makes if feel like a sin it's so fast and easy.

    I'm gonna have to cast and shoot some more; I'm out of bullets to size and almost out of 45ACP to size.
    Great to hear it's working so well , looks like a bargain to me.

  10. #50
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,886
    Quote Originally Posted by hpdrifter View Post
    I received my APP press yesterday. Got it setup to de-prime 45 ACP and size 45 ACP bullets(451)
    that I powder coated and some 45 Colt(452

    This thing almost makes if feel like a sin it's so fast and easy.

    I'm gonna have to cast and shoot some more; I'm out of bullets to size and almost out of 45ACP to size.
    I know. I had been looking at this bag of brass for some time now, always wanting to get around to it. Next thing you know, I've got 1500 sized and cleaned in just a few hours. I better cast some more bullets to go in them.

  11. #51
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    1,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer1911 View Post
    Wait for the Lee upgraded version of the Dillon 450 progressive press, all of the functions including 1/2 price replacement warranty.
    Do you know something we don't. I would sure like to hear more. I do own a 450, they are nice presses.

  12. #52
    Boolit Mold
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    How about a NOE size die in the APP?
    Yup...you can do it...

    https://thereloadersnetwork.com/2020...oe-sizing-die/
    NOE has an adapter for the app press listed on their website

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Abbreviations used in Reloading

BP Bronze Point IMR Improved Military Rifle PTD Pointed
BR Bench Rest M Magnum RN Round Nose
BT Boat Tail PL Power-Lokt SP Soft Point
C Compressed Charge PR Primer SPCL Soft Point "Core-Lokt"
HP Hollow Point PSPCL Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt" C.O.L. Cartridge Overall Length
PSP Pointed Soft Point Spz Spitzer Point SBT Spitzer Boat Tail
LRN Lead Round Nose LWC Lead Wad Cutter LSWC Lead Semi Wad Cutter
GC Gas Check