WidenersInline FabricationRepackboxTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders JerkyLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: It's official; Lee will be releasing an "upside down" bullet sizing press.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    Looks like a lot of plastic that will sooner or later break.

Sorry but I understand why some of you will settle for a cheap machine when Magma manufactures one that will last your lifetime and several others. If its the price point ask yourself how much the plastic pieces are going to cost once its out of warranty. It does have a warranty, right?

Sure the Magma/Star costs more but have you ever seen one that was broken due to normal usage? I have a Star and a Magma with bullet feeders and bullet turret tubes and they will probably size with higher accuracy than the Lee. Yup they cost more but show me another product you can use for 20 or 30 years and probably get your original purchase price back.
    Thanks for posting BIG pics
    That part with the pinch jaws looks a lot like the older bullet feeding die fingers, the bullet feeder that has proven problematic for many (me).
    I had to MacGyver a spring onto the jaws for more grip:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BigSpringS.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	251033
    Let's hope this newer design works better,
    Size/Prime a few cases when starting off with a progressive and put them aside. You can plug them back into the process when a bad/odd case screws up in the priming station and continue loading.

Boolit Master
    I just want a press to size on the downstroke and lets me feed downwards into the die. This looks to do it, and at no great cost.
    Last edited by kevin c; 11-14-2019 at 01:45 AM. Reason: I thought autocorrect had perfect grammar

Boolit Buddy
    Emailed FS Reloading asking about this stuff. Here's what their reply was:

The Lee APP Press, Deluxe APP Press Kit and Primer Pocket Swager #4 are now online and available for preorder.

Prices are:
    APP Press $69.99
    Deluxe APP Press Kit $99.99
    Primer Pocket Swager $27.99

To pre-order:

Go to our web site
    Put your desired products in the cart
    Check out as normal

Please be aware Lee Precision can't give us a firm estimated ship date on any of these new products. Lee expects to be shipping them towards the end of December or perhaps some time in January 2020 but won't guarantee a ship date. The estimated arrival date will be updated on our web site as we get more information from Lee Precision.

Boolit Master
    Even better price.

This press looks like it might benefit from an OpenBulletFeeder collator. Great way to keep the tube fed. For those of us that push-through size our boolits, this press and an OpenBulletFeeder collator might be a real game changer.
    "Things sure are a lot more like the way they are now than they used to be." --Yogi Berra

This is an interesting product. At the cost it is comparable to getting the reloader press and building something to turn it over. This you just mount and use.
    RogerDat, On my Challenger press the breech lock is just threaded in the top of press. No big bushing like the Classic cast.
    I would use the bottle to catch primers. Not really big enough for bullets. I like the way my Challenger catches primers. I run the tube into a Ice cream tube. You can spill spent primers if a bit clumsy. Gotta watch my feet. Unscrewing the bottle to dump seems pretty foolproof.
    The X-press shell holder will work fine for just decapping, I wouldn't try it for any sort of sizing. Well maybe the Collect neck sizing die.
    I'm with a lot of you and will wait to hear a few reviews before I invest.
    Leo

Boolit Grand Master

Hopefully they do some kind of fixed rate sale for black Friday. I'll be pre-ordering both the deluxe press and #2 swaging die.

Boolit Master
    Will be awhile before they hit Australian shores,so would be interested in how they perform with you guys.
    But definitely will be keeping an eye out for them,who knows,one might come home with me
    Cheers

no34570

"I'll tell you what rule we applied sir,We applied rule 3-0-3, We caught them and we shot them, under rule 3-0-3." :Lt Harry " Breaker" Morant at his court martial in January 1902.

Boolit Bub
    Been thinking of putting an inexpensive press in my garage; this may be the one. Looking forward to the youtube reviews by others.
    Last edited by GreenRiverBoy; 11-22-2019 at 03:06 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
    I use a Lee universal deprime die in a turret press with the index rod out so it works as a single stage. Like the hollow ram primer collection tube a lot. This new press has a bottle. Doesn't seem like enough improvement to justify cost.

For larger quantity batches it may be that the new presses special case holder that allows automated case removal and placing the next one in the holder may provide enough speed to prove to be of high value. Same for sizing. When the red plastic case gets full of sized bullets I take it off and dump them. Takes a moment. Why would dropping them in a bottle be better than pushing them up?

I'm more likely to purchase a plain single stage press for the duties this does on the basis of it works with all the tooling I already have. For myself 250 to 300 cartridges at a time is high production. Some folks that is just going to cover Thursday at the range.
    I deprime the same way for the same reasons but if the 4tube case feeder and collator will adapt to this new press and the pass through shell holder works I'd buy it just to process brass , the bullet sizing and primer crimp removing would be a bonus for me.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by no34570 View Post
    Will be awhile before they hit Australian shores,so would be interested in how they perform with you guys.
    But definitely will be keeping an eye out for them,who knows,one might come home with me
    Titan Reloading have them listed on their website.
    I will have one coming to OZ As soon as they are released.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Master
    These prices do not look to be very expensive, but I suppose that shipping to AUS or the like might raise the costs considerably...

Coming soon, shipping late December 2019. Taking pre-orders starting Monday, December 2nd.
    Deluxe APP Press product 90933 110.00 MSRP
    APP Press product 90951 $75.00 MSRP
    Automation kit product 90511 $50.00 MSRP

Source: https://leeprecision.com/app-automat...cessing-press/
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Mold
    Couldn't resist myself and pre ordered one with FS reloading. Shipping to the Netherlands with surfacemail was less than $10,-. The only thing with surface mail is the time. Usualy 4-5 weeks until it arrives.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm in the "wait and see" mode. I would only be interested in using it to deprime brass and size bullets if I can use my existing Lee bullet sizer dies. The price is right enough. We will see.

Boolit Bub
    I’ll likely get one when available. Looks and sounds like a great machine. Will be nice to see some videos and read some reviews.

The people's republic of Commifornia, in Somerset
    Posted in the other thread. I just pre-ordered. The deluxe is on sale for $78 down from $110. The non deluxe is $55 down from $75.
    Black Friday sales

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I'm in at Titan's prices.

I have all the Lee sizers that screw into the presses with the standard threads. I don't have to buy the breech lock versions, right?
    Last edited by kevin c; 12-01-2019 at 02:22 AM.

Boolit Master
    Friday,bloody friday... are these "Black friday" prices,sort of?

Mihec got me already,oh man how I love to save money by casting my own bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenstone View Post
    I use split laps, barrel laps and my drill press to "open up" sizing dies.
    The old style one piece sizing dies come in 0.356/0.357/0.0358 but not 0.355/0.359/0.360
    Difficult to make a die smaller though
    I do the same thing with old lathe. Chuck them up, bore them if necessary, or just dowel and sandpaper them, then polish. If I had a better lathe I would just make my own. Mine is a late '20s cataract lathe, not the best threading and die making.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast