MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionWideners
RotoMetals2Load DataReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: It's official; Lee will be releasing an "upside down" bullet sizing press.

Banned

said id never buy another lee press but I will have to eat crow as soon as these are available. For the 80 bucks there advertised for on midsouth its worth the gamble and your not out much if there junk. Sure would speed up sizing pc bullets.

Banned
    I'll have to stick firmly to "I'll never buy another Lee product." I have two sizer / lubricators one Star and one Magma and if I ever go the PC route I'll use them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kmw1954 View Post
    That may be the best solution instead of having to keep coming back here and complaining. Once they are released and in use with user reviews you will then be able to make a more informed decision. It's what I would do. Just not worth getting all worked up over.
    Complaining and informing at the same time. If people would not complain there would be a lot less information out there and not just for this.

tomme boy I understand your point of view. Voicing a legitimate displeasure like you have done is fine and normal and mostly appreciated when there is a problem with a product. I'm just stating that at this point all we have is very sketchy information from Lee and a lot of speculation by end users that don't even have possession of this product yet. In my view even though I am a heavy Lee user it appears that Lee wants it's customers to do the Beta Testing. Which would be fine if they were honest and told people that's what they wanted from us.

This machine is a totally different concept of anything else on in the market, they are trying some things that have never been done before and for that I give them credit. So over the course of this development they have found some snags and things that just are not working out the way the wanted or intended, it happens. Then in this case everyone ordering this machine before it's release is basically becoming a Beta Tester.

For me I don't want to be a Beta Tester and will wait until it has been in use for a while and the bugs worked out. The only reason I would buy it would be to use it as a bullet sizer, everything else is already covered.

Boolit Buddy
    I got a shipping notice from Titan yesterday...

Quote Originally Posted by thraxx View Post
    I got a shipping notice from Titan yesterday...
    Do you happen to remember the date you placed your order? Mine was 12/26... no shipping notice yet.
    "Things sure are a lot more like the way they are now than they used to be." --Yogi Berra

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kmw1954 View Post
    tomme boy I understand your point of view. Voicing a legitimate displeasure like you have done is fine and normal and mostly appreciated when there is a problem with a product. I'm just stating that at this point all we have is very sketchy information from Lee and a lot of speculation by end users that don't even have possession of this product yet. In my view even though I am a heavy Lee user it appears that Lee wants it's customers to do the Beta Testing. Which would be fine if they were honest and told people that's what they wanted from us.

This machine is a totally different concept of anything else on in the market, they are trying some things that have never been done before and for that I give them credit. So over the course of this development they have found some snags and things that just are not working out the way the wanted or intended, it happens. Then in this case everyone ordering this machine before it's release is basically becoming a Beta Tester.

For me I don't want to be a Beta Tester and will wait until it has been in use for a while and the bugs worked out. The only reason I would buy it would be to use it as a bullet sizer, everything else is already covered.
    I understand totally. I was a beta tester for OMC on a $10K boat motor that blew up 6 times in 2 years. I ended up taking a loss and getting a Mercury and never looked back. Look up the OMC Ficht disaster and how it killed OMC and the whole company going bankrupt.

It seems that companies just put out garbage and let the people do the research for them. I have a LOT of Lee stuff. Some is very good. I guess I will just suck it up and wait to see what else I will have to buy just to get this to do what they promised.

Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    I guess I will just suck it up and wait to see what else I will have to buy just to get this to do what they promised.
    Might be a good idea. Let things settle down and work out.

I grew up just 30min from the OMC plant in Waukegan Knew a number of people that had worked there. I still run OMC 2 cylinder outboards. Have a 30hp on a 15' Aluminum fishing boat.

The people's republic of Commifornia, in Somerset
    I pre ordered mine on black Friday and have not gotten a shipping notice. I ordered the swagers though, so I might have to wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by jessdigs View Post
    I pre ordered mine on black Friday and have not gotten a shipping notice. I ordered the swagers though, so I might have to wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I'm pretty sure they are supposed to be distributed either tomorrow or Monday. Then hopefully it will be quick. I haven't heard anything on the swagers.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlier View Post
    Do you happen to remember the date you placed your order? Mine was 12/26... no shipping notice yet.
    i ordered 12/2, just the press. I must have added 2 day shipping(?) the tracking number says it will be here tomorrow.

Mine will be here today! Unfortunately I was slow to order my Mr bullet feeder nose down conversion which won't be here until tomorrow. I'll just have to play with it in manual mode for a day.

Boolit Master

I was at Titan Wednesday to get some handles and asked to see the new press. They said they just got it in but hadn't had time to even unpack it.

Bob
    Si hostes visibilis, etiam tu

Quote Originally Posted by thraxx View Post
    i ordered 12/2, just the press. I must have added 2 day shipping(?) the tracking number says it will be here tomorrow.
    Thanks!

Let us know what you think of the press?
    "Things sure are a lot more like the way they are now than they used to be." --Yogi Berra

Boolit Grand Master
    I use a RC to initially size machine gun brass and it can take a lot of force even with Imperial sizing wax. I doubt the Lee system will work well on that particular application.

I have a Dillon primer pocket swagger, and this tool should be faster, but swaging is a one time operation so not sure if I can justify it or the bench space for that one operation. It would be faster to swage primer pockets for 5.56 as a sperate operation on the 1050. That leaves .308 brass and I do not shoot much of it.

Like another poster, I have a Star so I can already handle bulk cast bullet sizing operations, but the new Lee would be good for someone without a Star who uses BLL, tumble lubing or PC.

For someone without better options, this new Lee tool has a good size market and addresses the needs of many reloaders. And like all tools, it has its limitations and is not for everyone.

It is sad that Lee seems to have rushed it to market. My old adage was "under promise and over deliver". Too many companies over promise and under deliver. Once the bugs are worked out this tool should be fine and offer a very good value. Just give it some time.
    Don Verna

Well Titan is awesome. I emailed them and told them I bought all three swagers, but in different orders. I bought the press and 2 swagers in my fist order. Then I bought the last swager, bulge buster, and remaining shell holders that were not included with the deluxe kit in my second order.

I asked if they could ship the press now and ship the swager separately with my second order when the bulge buster and swager comes in. They said they would. This is their response:

Thank you for your email.

This product change by Lee Precision has affected many of our customers and we did not realize you had two orders pending.

On Order 191493, we had sent an email to you on 1/21.

Short version

You had ordered:
    Item 91562 the LEE APP #4 PRIMER SWAGE TOOL and
    Item 91563 the LEE APP #19 PRIMER SWAGE TOOL both for $27.49 each

We will make an adjustment to your order and issue a Refund for the difference.

We issued a refund for $18.73 to your credit card on 1/21

Order 192737, our email sent on 1/22

You had ordered:
    Item 91561 the LEE APP #2 PRIMER SWAGE TOOL for $21.49
    This Kit is an additional $14.76, please advise if you want the replacement kit, I should be able to re-charge your credit card. If you no longer want this product we will issue a refund for the Primer Swage Tool.
    I will cancel the #2 Swage tool and issue a refund of $21.49 tomorrow morning.

On the next batch of APP Presses from Lee, we will send you yours with any other items we have been holding for you.

Then send the remaining balance (Lee APP Bulge Buster and APP Primer Swage Kit) when received from Lee.

Thank you for your business!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jessdigs; 01-24-2020 at 10:08 PM.

Boolit Mold
    Hey. I got my press today from titan. It’s smaller than you think. But very cool looking. I’ll post again when I’ve played
    with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Setting mine up now. It's smaller than I'd expected. Just have to drill 3 counter sunk holes in my inline fabrication quick change bottom plate and I'll be good to go. I fiddled with it a little and it's pretty easy to setup.

I test fed 10 bullets thru the feeder and it became quickly obvious this thing is useless without a bullet and case feeder. It's too fast and the tubes are way too short!

I have a pile of bullets ready to go for tomorrow when my nose down conversion arrives for my bullet feeder.

Quote Originally Posted by fjsusa1 View Post
    Hey. I got my press today from titan. It’s smaller than you think. But very cool looking. I’ll post again when I’ve played
    with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by rototerrier View Post
    Setting mine up now. It's smaller than I'd expected. Just have to drill 3 counter sunk holes in my inline fabrication quick change bottom plate and I'll be good to go. I fiddled with it a little and it's pretty easy to setup.

I test fed 10 bullets thru the feeder and it became quickly obvious this thing is useless without a bullet and case feeder. It's too fast and the tubes are way too short!

I have a pile of bullets ready to go for tomorrow when my nose down conversion arrives for my bullet feeder.
    Videos or it didn't happen!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

This is as far as I got. I'm done until I can get my nose down conversion for my feeder. I've filled it all the way up by hand and it functions very well.

I'll try to get a video up of it tomorrow once I'm in full production. I have a pile of 357 to process.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LEEApp.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	255324

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast