MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline FabricationWideners
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad DataLee Precision
Repackbox RotoMetals2
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: It's official; Lee will be releasing an "upside down" bullet sizing press.

Boolit Bub
    At the bottom of the Lee site for the APP press, it states Jan. 24 as due date.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by kevin c View Post
    Where did you see that, megasupermagnum? I don't see anything in the AAP descriptions on the Lee or Titan sites.
    https://www.titanreloading.com/lee-p...imer-swage-kit
    So many guns, so little time

You must pay for everything in this life - nothing is free, except for the grace of God.

"Free cheese only comes in a mousetrap"

Boolit Master
    Ah, thank you. I blew right by that. Right now I work mainly with pistol but plan on loading rifle cases. I'm sure I won't really appreciate the decap and flare die provided until I experience first hand just how much more work rifle case prep entails.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeInFlorida View Post
    While it looks like it will size bullets, it has no facility to LUBE same bullets. Powder coaters will like it, but the Lyman 450 series or Magma Star are still the option for lubricizing cast boolits.

I'll be interested in seeing how they feed bullets. Might be a way to automate something like Dillon 550.
    Tumble lube before sizing.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeInFlorida View Post
    While it looks like it will size bullets, it has no facility to LUBE same bullets. Powder coaters will like it, but the Lyman 450 series or Magma Star are still the option for lubricizing cast boolits.

I'll be interested in seeing how they feed bullets. Might be a way to automate something like Dillon 550.
    The Dillon 550 can be automated to use the Lee Bullet Feeder right now. I just ordered this plate from eBay last week... should be getting it today. Bit anxious to see how well it works, really.
    "Things sure are a lot more like the way they are now than they used to be." --Yogi Berra

Boolit Buddy
    Wow.. decap and flare... comes with 22 and 30 cal. very nice.

Has anyone talked to titan reloading on how they are going to process pre-orders from us that purchased the old version of the tool (and old pricing) along with the APP?

The people's republic of Commifornia, in Somerset
    I'm wondering about this. I posted in another thread about it, but I ordered all three swagers and now there is only one.

The singles were cheaper, but the combo one is less than the three. So do I get a credit? Cash back? What happens?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

In my case I only ordered one swager. I'm not going to say a word. Lee will just have to take the hit, they did the pre-order after all. Once you get the order, return what you don't want.

Boolit Buddy
    What in the world? I ordered way early on from Titan so they better let us know just *** is going on!! Now all they mention is 22 and 30 and no mention of pistol brass swaging. Of course there is NO INFORMATION... Lee has the worst PR people is existence.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by AR-Bossman View Post
    What in the world? I ordered way early on from Titan so they better let us know just *** is going on!! Now all they mention is 22 and 30 and no mention of pistol brass swaging. Of course there is NO INFORMATION... Lee has the worst PR people is existence.
    Relax. There was a design change to the swagers. The APP press is still on time as of now, hopefully shipping next friday. If you want to know more, call Lee. They will answer, they are a great company.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    Relax. There was a design change to the swagers. The APP press is still on time as of now, hopefully shipping next friday. If you want to know more, call Lee. They will answer, they are a great company.
    The same company that I called and the guy said I woudn't be able to use my Lee bullet sizers and would have to get the new style sizers to work with the APP? I think half that company is confused and may not even know they have an APP press.

The same company that I called and the guy said I woudn't be able to use my Lee bullet sizers and would have to get the new style sizers to work with the APP? I think half that company is confused and may not even know they have an APP press.
    Sounds to me like you should cancel your order and just make do with whatever process you had before the whole Lee vs AR-Bossman debacle began. They've definitely got it out for you and it sounds like Lee will not rest until they've driven you insane.

Boolit Grand Master

Well they have pictures of completed APP presses going into boxes so...

Boolit Buddy
    Just received a message from Titan reloading... very happy with the way they are handling this:

Product Change on your Titan Order
    Lee Precision has discontinued some of their new Pocket Swaging tools that affect your order.
    You had ordered:
    Item 91562 the LEE APP #4 PRIMER SWAGE TOOL

Lee has replaced these items with Item 91582 the LEE APP PRIMER SWAGE KIT for $36.25. The final version 91582 now includes the Universal Shell Holder Adapter 91564 that allow for the use of any standard shell holder as well as the new pass through X-Press shell holders and includes 22 & 30 cal. decap and flare die, swage push die, swage holder, 22 cal. and 30 cal. push rod, small swage punch and large punch, and shell holder adapter. You now only need one 91582 to swage all your primer pockets.

This Kit is an additional $6.25, please advise if you want the replacement kit and I will send a PayPal Invoice for $6.25 or a refund for the Primer Swage Tool.
    Sincerely,

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.

Banned

Lee finally released the instructions for the APP. Looks like they want you to buy an extra adapter if you are using a universal decapping die for 22cal. And they also say it is not recommended to size bottle next cartridges with the pass through shell holder.

Pretty sure they said NOTHING about not being able to use it for bottle neck cases. They actually said it is a good single stage reloading press and push it as being able to.

Typical Lee not letting anyone know what you need and then let everyone else do their development for them

https://leeprecision.com/files/instruct/PA4336.pdf

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    Lee finally released the instructions for the APP. Looks like they want you to buy an extra adapter if you are using a universal decapping die for 22cal. And they also say it is not recommended to size bottle next cartridges with the pass through shell holder.

Pretty sure they said NOTHING about not being able to use it for bottle neck cases. They actually said it is a good single stage reloading press and push it as being able to.

Typical Lee not letting anyone know what you need and then let everyone else do their development for them

I don't see where it says you can't use the press for bottle neck cartridges, or as a single stage reloading press. The only thing I see is on page 3, for the new X shell holders, they say it's not recommended to use these for bottleneck cartridges, but if you do, use lee dies and lee case lube. All it is, is that the new X shell holders have 1/3rd of the hold on the case rim. There is a lot more potential to rip the rim off on a hard sizing case. You will be fine with most cases, just don't try and full length size machine gun fired brass using butter for lube.

If that's not good enough, nothing is stopping you from using a standard shell holder.

Boolit Buddy
    Hmm.... that's disconcerting to say the least.

Manual quote: "...we do not recommend full length resizing rimless bottle neck cases"

How does that not come out before we all pre-order? I specifically purchased this for rifle brass. 308, 223, 30-06, 7x57, for fast processing during the CMP high-power season.

I have to admit I feel misled. They marketed this as a "Press" not solely a decapping, primer pocket swaging, bullet sizing device.

Now, I realize I'm gonna hear "but you can still do it". Sure I can do it at my own risk. But if I break something during the process, Lee has the right to deny my warranty request. They probably will, but I'm still using the press improperly.

I guess I don't like that I purchased a press that I did not know I would be using against the mfg recommendations. Especially when I was led to beleive it was intended that I could full resize rimless bottleneck.

Boolit Master

That push thru shell holder has way less rim under the shell holder top and would probably bend the rim rather than extracting a case from a bottle-neck sizing die.
    I'm not surprised, and Lee is assuming most would use the standard shell holder if using the press for single stage reloading.
    And I don't think this press has anyway to prime "on the press".
    just sayin'
    Size/Prime a few cases when starting off with a progressive and put them aside. You can plug them back into the process when a bad/odd case screws up in the priming station and continue loading.

Banned

But did you all also read the need for a special decapping rod. And it is not even available yet or a time frame for one. And you need different ones for different calibers. No one has them listed anywhere except Lee. It seems like they want to nickel and dime everyone to death. And think of the extra shipping you will now have to pay because they revised "did not work" the swagers

I have a feeling they sent some of these out to a few people and found out they did not work. They may have passed their 1 million cycle test but they never loaded anything on them. That is the test.

I am going to do some thinking on this. I might cancel my backorder at Midsouth and wait to see if they even work.

I am going to do some thinking on this. I might cancel my backorder at Midsouth and wait to see if they even work.
    That may be the best solution instead of having to keep coming back here and complaining. Once they are released and in use with user reviews you will then be able to make a more informed decision. It's what I would do. Just not worth getting all worked up over.

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast