Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionWideners
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline Fabrication
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: It's official; Lee will be releasing an "upside down" bullet sizing press.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by onelight View Post
    I have not noticed any one mentioning if Lee has said if the 4 tube feeder will work. But looking at the videos I can't see a reason it wouldn't but who knows . I have a couple so it will be interesting to find out.
    If you look at the videos, the adapter they are sending with the deluxe kit mounts with a threaded rod just like the Lee case feeder does and appears to have the same spacing. I can't imagine a world where they didn't think about people using their case feeder.

Quote Originally Posted by AR-Bossman View Post
    Phlier, I have a gut feeling that the APP bullet feeder we see in the video is almost a universal, but that the 22 was just too small and needed it's own arms.
    Ah, that would be very cool.
    "Things sure are a lot more like the way they are now than they used to be." --Yogi Berra

Boolit Master
    They've changed the text description. Better in some ways, still not entirely clear (maybe just to me) in others.

The .22 bullet fingers or jaws are now explicitly included and can be seen in the picture showing the automation kit (don't remember if they were there before?). Another set of jaws can be seen already installed in the top left red colored device in the same picture; for all the other caliber bullets?

Now the three included X-Press shell holders are described: #2 (45 ACP, .308 and 30-06), #4 (.223 Rem, 5.56 NATO, 300 BO), and #19 (9mm Luger and .40 S&W). The three presumably also take the variants of those same cases, to account for the "over sixty cartridges" they work on.

Boolit Master

Ok - I'm in. Ordered most of the extra "bits and pieces" I'll need today from Titan. The primer pocket swagers were out of stock, but got most everything else. It was twice what I paid for the press. Oh, by the way Titan had the order shipped out within a few hours. Great outfit to do business with!
    So many guns, so little time

You must pay for everything in this life - nothing is free, except for the grace of God.

"Free cheese only comes in a mousetrap"

Has anyone heard if this kit will be coming with mounting hardware? Any news on whether or not it'll be compatible with Lee's Bench Plate?

In the videos, it looks like they have the press mounted to the Lee Bench Plate base, but the plate that mounts to the press itself (that then slides into the base) doesn't look like the standard bench plate.

Just trying to figure out how I'm gonna mount the APP. I'd like to swap it out easily with my LCT by using the Lee quick change system, but I have no idea what comes with the press, what else I need to get, etc.
    "Things sure are a lot more like the way they are now than they used to be." --Yogi Berra

Boolit Master
    I'm pretty basic in my construction skills (no metal fabrication and minimal carpentry knowledge to boot), but what has worked for me is bolting my presses and other reloading equipment to a 2x4 and bolting or clamping that in turn to what and wherever I want. I'm figuring on doing the same with my AAP. That may not suit you, I'd have to admit.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Phlier View Post
    Has anyone heard if this kit will be coming with mounting hardware? Any news on whether or not it'll be compatible with Lee's Bench Plate?

In the videos, it looks like they have the press mounted to the Lee Bench Plate base, but the plate that mounts to the press itself (that then slides into the base) doesn't look like the standard bench plate.

Just trying to figure out how I'm gonna mount the APP. I'd like to swap it out easily with my LCT by using the Lee quick change system, but I have no idea what comes with the press, what else I need to get, etc.
    Hi Phlier!
    Mine is on order too, and I'm not sure what comes with it. I figure even if it's not completely compatible with the existing bench plate insert, I can make an extended one out of 3/4" plywood like I did for my upside down Lee sizing press. The original Lee Bench Plates came with wooden inserts instead of the steel ones. They even provided a template in the instructions how to make your own. In any event, I can't wait to get my APP and start playing with it. Ed

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2563.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	253945 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2565.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	253946 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2564.jpg 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	253947

Quote Originally Posted by kevin c View Post
    I'm pretty basic in my construction skills (no metal fabrication and minimal carpentry knowledge to boot), but what has worked for me is bolting my presses and other reloading equipment to a 2x4 and bolting or clamping that in turn to what and wherever I want. I'm figuring on doing the same with my AAP. That may not suit you, I'd have to admit.
    That sounds like a great way to, at least temporarily, get me up and running. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegEd View Post
    Hi Phlier!
    Mine is on order too, and I'm not sure what comes with it. I figure even if it's not completely compatible with the existing bench plate insert, I can make an extended one out of 3/4" plywood like I did for my upside down Lee sizing press. The original Lee Bench Plates came with wooden inserts instead of the steel ones. They even provided a template in the instructions how to make your own. In any event, I can't wait to get my APP and start playing with it. Ed

Name:	IMG_2563.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	253945 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2565.jpg 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	253946 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2564.jpg 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	253947
    Hey Ed, thanks for that. You know, I think I saw that Lee still makes "customize yourself" wood "plates" for their base... I'll have to look into it!

Edit: Found the Hardwood Blanks for the Lee base plate. So I'm planning on using the hardwood blanks and the base plate to mount the APP when it comes.
    Last edited by Phlier; 01-01-2020 at 04:40 PM.

Getting close! Should start hearing of guys getting their presses within the next ten days or so.

I'm building up a nice little stockpile of unsized boolits to break in the press.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlier View Post
    Getting close! Should start hearing of guys getting their presses within the next ten days or so.

I'm building up a nice little stockpile of unsized boolits to break in the press.
    Was there an official release date somewhere that I missed? I Pre Ordered through titan back before christmas but haven't seen or heard a thing since.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by rototerrier View Post
    Was there an official release date somewhere that I missed? I Pre Ordered through titan back before christmas but haven't seen or heard a thing since.
    I have not heard anything either. I pre-ordered early December. I'm getting antsy though... It is getting closer and closer to CMP highpower season and I have 1000 primer pockets to swage and then that many or more bullets to resize.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by rototerrier View Post

There was a post somewhere upstream that mentioned Jan. 24th as an expected shipping date.
    So many guns, so little time

You must pay for everything in this life - nothing is free, except for the grace of God.

"Free cheese only comes in a mousetrap"

Boolit Buddy
    I think the date may have changed. It's now showing:

Shipping in Early 2020.
    We are taking Pre-orders now.

I think before it said "end of January". I'm not sure I like the change because who knows "early 2020" is. I may just go back to reaming my primer pockets, using my NOE bullet sizer and save the money for molds.

It was either Titan's or Lee's site that said January 24th was the expected ship date. I'll have to look and see if that has been changed now...

Edit: Just checked both sites, and neither of them have the January 24th release date on them now. Darn it, it looks like it's going to be even later.

Boolit Grand Master

FS Reloading website says expected in stock January 20th, 2020, so not all hope is lost.

Boolit Buddy
    Someone on another forum said they got a order processed and shipping from LEE themselves.

Boolit Buddy

Name:	APP-Press-Production.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	254890

Update. But FS has them listed as March 2020 now....

Boolit Master
    I just got off the phone, calling Titan on the status of my order. This is what I was told:

The regular APP press and the deluxe kit are still due on January 24th. The delay is related to a materials issue that has been resolved, but which put things back.

The primer pocket swager apparently has undergone a redesign which the Titan rep said will necessitate the use of the push through Xpress dies, (though I thought that was always the case). There is also a cost difference in the swager itself though I didn't get exactly what that would be. The swager is now listed as available on February 7th, and my order from Titan for the Deluxe APP and swager will be delayed to ship all together. The Deluxe kit includes the Xpress shell holders I need for the cases I want to process. I don't know if the cost change is going to affect the Black Friday pricing deal I got.

I'm used to waiting on things, so, while a bit disappointing to hear, my extra couple weeks, which isn't going to apply to everyone ordering the APP, is something I can put up with.

Boolit Grand Master

Did you guys see they are also including a decapping AND FLARE die? Maybe not a game changer, but now I can skip an extra flaring step if I want to. Lee is cranking things way up this year.

Boolit Master
    Where did you see that, megasupermagnum? I don't see anything in the AAP descriptions on the Lee or Titan sites.

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast