Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackbox
Reloading EverythingWidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Titan Reloading
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: It's official; Lee will be releasing an "upside down" bullet sizing press.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    I came to the same conclusion. Unless you have some kind of automatic case or bullet feeder...
    I have one of those automatic case feeders! Also doubles as a rifle cleaner. Seen here cleaning the bolt internals on an Gustav m96/38. Kinda spendy though. Need to pay in peanut M&Ms and gummy bears. ... then about a decade later a college education.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimner View Post
    I have one of those automatic case feeders! Also doubles as a rifle cleaner. Seen here cleaning the bolt internals on an Gustav m96/38. Kinda spendy though. Need to pay in peanut M&Ms and gummy bears. ... then about a decade later a college education.

Dangit, Dimner, I came here to read about guns, not take one right in the feels. That's sweet beyond words.

Ahem... Yeah, so my APP arrived yesterday. Just in time for Valentine's Day weekend. Not gonna even be able to take it out of the box until Monday. : /
    "Things sure are a lot more like the way they are now than they used to be." --Yogi Berra

Boolit Master

Kids are a good thing , my oldest daughter of the younger set likes to fill primer tubes , the youngest son likes to load , I let him use the rockchucker , only thing is he likes to give his loaded rounds to his brother in law , I told him his free labor was to expensive for me , I ordered a lee APP for sizing , will order the swaging when it shows in stock , though I hate to size as I prefer to shoot as cast, but there are some caliber / firearms that need it

Boolit Master

I've had mine over a week. I've been busy at work and time has come down a little short. I did get it mounted to my bench and decapped a few hundred .45 Colt cases as well as a bunch of 9 mm cases and a handful of .308 Win. and .30-06. I read through the instructions that came with it and proceeded to set the apparatus up. There were a few minor hiccups due to orientation of the shellholder and several 9 mm cases that came through the case feeder mouth down. Several times going through 8 tubes without missing a lick. There have been a few YouTube videos that were not very flattering - I haven't suffered all that drama with mine (yet). I'm impressed with it as of right now. I'm here to tell you - for decapping pistol brass it is extremely fast and convenient. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS and pay close attention to setup. It isn't totally infallible (what is?), but the speed and convenience far outweigh the few hiccups I encountered. What's a post without a pic.

Attachment 256795

Good job Lee.
    So many guns, so little time

You must pay for everything in this life - nothing is free, except for the grace of God.

"Free cheese only comes in a mousetrap"

Boolit Master
    Love the daughter pic Dimner !!!
    I had a range "case picker upper" for years, need him back, I'm gettin too old for all that stooping down !
    Awaiting my APP delivery from Midsouth, looks like just the thing for sizing after PC !
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger1911 View Post
    Love the daughter pic Dimner !!!
    I had a range "case picker upper" for years, need him back, I'm gettin too old for all that stooping down !
    Awaiting my APP delivery from Midsouth, looks like just the thing for sizing after PC !
    Don't leave home without it
    https://www.lowes.com/pd/E-Z-Reacher...UPNA&gclsrc=ds

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by onelight View Post
    Duh, but then I'd get carpal tunnel from all the grip squeezing exercise.

Boolit Master

NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Buddy
    Any swaging and lead bullet sizing updates? All I want it for.

For under $200 for the kit and swaging for 223 and 308 right? I think I can mount it next to my 650 and utilize the case feeder. For sizing lead I don’t know. Might do tubes for a bit.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by psychbiker View Post

For under $200 for the kit and swaging for 223 and 308 right? I think I can mount it next to my 650 and utilize the case feeder. For sizing lead I don’t know. Might do tubes for a bit.
    I find it easier to do them one by one, rather than fill tubes. It sizes bullets fine, not that it was ever a concern. I don't like the bottle. It is the cats meow for primers, not for bullets. I just set a bin under it, works well.

Boolit Master
    Got the APP, set it up, cranked out some PC boolets - this thing is the JAM ! (Yes, it works fine with the "old" Lee sizer dies)
    Played with the auto feeder, even loading the boolets into the tube one by one I think it's faster than without.
    Read a hack here (I think) and modded it. Cut the feed tube about 6-8" long, I had a Frankfort Arsenal powder funnel kit that fits the tube, stick it on top.
    Load the tube, and as you are cranking away with your right hand, feed the funnel with boolits with your left. I prob add 2 boolets for every 3 I size; when low, take a break (you'll need it), refill the tube and continue.
    I stuck a flex tube on the bottom of the size die, sized boolets fall down into a bin/coffee can/ whatever.
    I have seen others mount the press on a desk and open a drawer to catch boolets.
    One of the best $100 I have spent recently !
    I prob blasted out 5-600 boolets this weekend just goofing around - setup, mods, placing bins for economy of motion, etc.
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Boolit Buddy
    Got the APP, set it up, cranked out some PC boolets - this thing is the JAM ! (Yes, it works fine with the "old" Lee sizer dies)
    Played with the auto feeder, even loading the boolets into the tube one by one I think it's faster than without.
    Read a hack here (I think) and modded it. Cut the feed tube about 6-8" long, I had a Frankfort Arsenal powder funnel kit that fits the tube, stick it on top.
    Load the tube, and as you are cranking away with your right hand, feed the funnel with boolits with your left. I prob add 2 boolets for every 3 I size; when low, take a break (you'll need it), refill the tube and continue.
    I stuck a flex tube on the bottom of the size die, sized boolets fall down into a bin/coffee can/ whatever.
    I have seen others mount the press on a desk and open a drawer to catch boolets.
    One of the best $100 I have spent recently !
    I prob blasted out 5-600 boolets this weekend just goofing around - setup, mods, placing bins for economy of motion, etc.
    How high can you stack the bullets on the slider? Does the weight cause any problems?

Boolit Buddy
    Well... I went ahead and re-ordered. I have about 1500 556 primer pockets to swage. Just could not bring myself to do it with my hand pocket reamer method. I'll report back when I have some results. We will see what my automatic case feeder is going to charge this time. She's got braces now and gummy bears are no longer on the approved to eat list.

I ordered from FS Reloading on 11/26 and haven't got it from them yet. I emailed them, and they said they were awaiting shipments on the APP, but that they were in line behind other vendors. I guess that Titan and MidSouth were in front of them. At this point I'm way behind in loading for the year.
    I hedged my bet and ordered from Titan on 2/1...and I got a shipping notice yesterday from them.
    Wish I'd had known in November.

Boolit Master
    I got mine from Mid-South, ordered around the 15th, got it the 23rd.

AR-Bossman, I started out with the full length tube, holds 25 230g .45 slugs, no drag, functions great !
    Stuck the funnel on the full length tube but was a pain to reach up so far, cut it off, easy to feed now.
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

Boolit Buddy
    I got mine from Mid-South, ordered around the 15th, got it the 23rd.

AR-Bossman, I started out with the full length tube, holds 25 230g .45 slugs, no drag, functions great !
    Stuck the funnel on the full length tube but was a pain to reach up so far, cut it off, easy to feed now.

Thankyou for the information.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by psychbiker View Post

I swaged about 400 7.62 (.308 Win.) cases with it. I used the single tube feeder that came with it - it only holds 8 .308 cases. I have an RCBS bench mounted swager as well as the RCBS swager-2 that's used in a single stage press. Swaging with the Lee swager goes MUCH quicker.
    So many guns, so little time

You must pay for everything in this life - nothing is free, except for the grace of God.

"Free cheese only comes in a mousetrap"

Boolit Master
    Got mine today now to get time to put it together and use it.
    Frank G.

Boolit Bub
    I had trouble sizing 30 cal 150 gr. spire point nose first because the were cocked in the APP feeder. I made a busing with a notch in it and it works fine now. I don't think you could size 22 cal. without one.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030818R.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	257757Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030817R.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	257758

Boolit Mold
    Got an email that FS reloading that my order has been shipped. Now hope that it gets over the pond fast.

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021 LastLast