Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRepackbox
Titan ReloadingWidenersReloading EverythingLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parkinsons

Stay active...all i can say, and good luck of course.
    Don;t be like my old man, stay active, walk, ride a bicycle, shoot poll, play darts, go to different shooting alleys, ect!
    Keep that grey stuff going....

Boolit Master

Two things that have been suggested above are of greater benefit IMO; First and foremost is physical activity and second was mentioned by Wayne: Stem Cell therapy. My wife was diagnosed with PD about 20 years ago. She has been through most ALL pharm meds and now is only on Carbidopa/Levodopa as a tablet and as a capsule(Rytary). During her illness, she also had to be operated on for Colon Cancer. She continues to loose weight but we are in contact with a Medical Clinic outside of Denver that does Stem Cell Therapy and will probably be heading that way in the near future. Also looking into CBD for Parkinson symptoms. I wish you well in your therapy and remember Physical Activity is key to long term therapy(s).

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by brewer12345 View Post
    ..................................... get out and do the stuff you want to do while you can.

You will be in my prayers.
    And mine.

Boolit Buddy
    Douglas Ridge Rifle Club, Eagle Creek, Oregon
    As a Acupuncturist, I can tell you parkinsons is extremely difficult to treat. A treatment might make your symptoms go away or do nothing at all. It is really hit and miss as to what the results will be. The key is not to give up on acupuncture after 1-2 treatments. If you have a Acupuncturist that does Chinese herbal medicine, I suggest seeing them first and to get both herbs and acupuncture. Scalp acupuncture with electrical stimulation seems to be very effective at treating parkinsons. https://www.atcm.co.uk/scalp-acupunc...insons-disease is just one example.

Be Well

Boolit Master

Look up DBS. I had this done and it helped a whole lot. If you would like to talk about thid send a message.

Boolit Grand Master

Stem Cell treatment and hyperbaric chambers.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    My DIL said that my first wife has been diagnosed with it.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master

Dave C.
    If you are not already overwhelmed with info, take a look here:

https://www.davisphinneyfoundation.o...8050-181722993

Boolit Master
    im no doctor or knowing what im talking about, but I do know some things about mushrooms, and there's a type called lions mane that has compounds which increase nerve growth factor and can regenerates the coating on nerves, and Parkinson's is a nervous system condition.. so maybe it can help ??? I cant imagine it would hurt anything its just healthy food really.

id recommend host defense brand as im familiar with the guy who owns it and he's very good.

its cheapest on amazon as "host defense lions mane powder" $22.46 for 2 months worth

Side note, Totally unrelated to this topic except that some folks are getting misdiagnosed with Parkinson's.

My wife was prescribed quetiapine brand name Seroquel off label to help her sleep. Has trouble with sleep apna and this helps her relax enough to sleep with her machine. Been using for about a year. Lately several side affects have popped up, one being hand shaking. Is a KNOWN side affect for this medication. Should really NOT be prescribed off label, as it is for schizophrenia and she doesn't have that issue.
    Stopped taking a week ago, and a lot of the issues have disappeared (not only hand shaking, but major anxieties)

Just sayin' make sure you are truly diagnosed properly.
    And good luck to you.

I am very sorry that I suffered from this horrible disease, in my hospital, a neurosurgeon friend was starting to treat patients with a stereotaxic framework, he said that the patient was improving a lot. I understand that it is a fairly expensive procedure, and that the result is variable among patients.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEBd...has_verified=1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12