MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackboxLoad Data
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another 9MM Question

Boolit Grand Master

Thanks for the replys everyone. I'm probably going to order a mold after while from Tom at Accurate molds. I'm thinking that it will be the #35-125 in .358 diameter. That way I have the options of sizing it down to .357 or even .356 if I find it necessary.

Boolit Master
    All six of my (different manufacture's) nines will chamber .359 bullets..............none of which have been throated. Whenever, I order a 9 mm custom mould, I ask that it drops at .360 with WW alloy. I use a Star with a .3585 die and conventional lube. Not an issue to size down, when necessary. Going the other way, it is...............unless you powder coat.

I like dual purpose moulds................I can use 9mm moulds for 38/357, that way.

Winelover

Boolit Mold
    Does anyone shoot 9mm in a S&W 929? I have picked one up and am looking to cast for it.
    I hear people saying that the 929 was built with a .38 barrel rather than a 9mm (.355/.356) barrel so bullet dia should be in the .357/.358 range.
    Also, since I'm shooting a revolver, I would like to find a round nose mold with No Lube Groove in 6 cavity. If you know any company that offers this, please let me know.
    Any comments are greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Matrix; 11-11-2019 at 01:47 PM.

Boolit Master

I had to go .358 on a CZ 75 and then have the leade reamed on the barrel.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lightman View Post
    Thanks for the replys everyone. I'm probably going to order a mold after while from Tom at Accurate molds. I'm thinking that it will be the #35-125 in .358 diameter. That way I have the options of sizing it down to .357 or even .356 if I find it necessary.
    give the group buy 9mm 135 grain bullet a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
    Does anyone shoot 9mm in a S&W 929? I have picked one up and am looking to cast for it.
    I hear people saying that the 929 was built with a .38 barrel rather than a 9mm (.355/.356) barrel so bullet dia should be in the .357/.358 range.
    Also, since I'm shooting a revolver, I would like to find a round nose mold with No Lube Groove in 6 cavity. If you know any company that offers this, please let me know.
    Any comments are greatly appreciated.
    I have a S&W 929. It has a standard 9mm groove diameter barrel. S&W didn't take any shortcuts with this gun.
    The chambers are a little generous in that you can chamber larger diameter boolits than you can in many semi-auto pistols.
    There is no ledge at the front of the chamber for the case to headspace on. You must use the moon clips.
    The chamber tapers down to the groove diameter from the case mouth. This allows you to seat boolits to a much longer AOL than you can with semi autos. It also allows you to use much heavier boolits if you wish because of the ability to load long.
    You can also load extremely light loads if you wish since you don't have to work a slide.
    As far as a mold, mine doesn't show a preference in either boolit weight or design. It shoots all of them really well.
    Jerry Miculek had a hand in designing this revolver. Here is a link to a video where he shoots and describes the gun. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FbUMqoyjDw
    Mine is a superb shooting machine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12