RepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Wideners
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: reloading bench?

Banned
    I went the cheap route. I spent $10 on Craigslist for a solid core door that someone was getting rid of after a remodel. Some 4x4's from behind my shed for legs.

It holds two progressives presses and a cast iron single stage press. It also doubles as my casting table, gun cleaning table and what ever else I need it to do.

Steve in N CA

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sghart3578 View Post
    I went the cheap route. I spent $10 on Craigslist for a solid core door that someone was getting rid of after a remodel. Some 4x4's from behind my shed for legs.

It holds two progressives presses and a cast iron single stage press. It also doubles as my casting table, gun cleaning table and what ever else I need it to do.

Steve in N CA
    That is what my bench top is to. A scratched door from a house I built . They make a good bench top.

I just turned my boat upholstery table into a reloading table. I have too many hobbies to make anything permanent.

So my table is 4"x11" ( if I count the sewing machine table. And I pulled the table away from the wall so you can access all surface area of the 4x8 plywood top.

The frame started life as a rolling stand for cutting stone countertops
    Lake Havasu City... Born and raised

I have $20 invested in the white paint I used for the table top and $12 in the grey primer for the steel frame...

There's a small fortune in steel and casters on this table, I got it for free, it was left abandoned at a neighbors house
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20200725_222916.jpg   20200725_223002.jpg  
    Lake Havasu City... Born and raised

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LAKEMASTER View Post
    I have $20 invested in the white paint I used for the table top and $12 in the grey primer for the steel frame...

There's a small fortune in steel and casters on this table, I got it for free, it was left abandoned at a neighbors house
    That is a nice bench . Good job !

Attachment 265436
    If the desk doesn't work out for you, and I think that it may, here is a pic of my bench that was easy to make and cheap too. As you can see, I used 4x4 legs and belted it with 2x8's. If you look closely, you can see the top has 2x4's running front to back and a piece of 3/4" smooth plywood on top of that. It is super sturdy and has worked for me just fine since I built it in 1978. My friend that helped me move it in 1986 said "never again".
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234