Lee PrecisionWidenersRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingLoad DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Midway USA shipping problems

Triplebeards is absolutely 100% CORRECT... Midway does not know HOW to package items properly. I have ordered heavy items from them and they literally just toss them in a large box and hope for the best. When I call to complain etc.. they are willing to replace the item but they JUST NEED TO LISTEN and address their shipping dept. issues.
    Looking for Ideal mold 419181 (44 Evans Long)
    "Joined Dates" are deceiving if you factor-in "lurk" dates.

Just put in another Midway order this morning. Free shipping on orders over $49. I can wait a day or two extra for free shipping. I'm in no rush. If you want it today, order it last week. Gp

Boolit Master
    Many of you have no idea how shipping works. Fedx and Ups both have a cheap level of service that specifies the final delivery is by USPS. If this is not to your liking pay the higher price for faster delivery and get it quicker. You are saving money on the cheaper delivery but it takes longer. This is the level that most companies use for their free shipping.
    jim

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Handloader109 View Post
    IT IS MIDWAY BECAUSE THEY CHOOSE TO SHIP THIS WAY!.

If you ship normal UPS (or Fedex) Or USPS, then that is the single carrier.
    But there are a LOT of companies that CHOOSE to ship at a reduced rate and use a split shipper. Yes, UPS delivers 90% of the way and then drops off at a USPS hub.
    Then 4 days later you get it in the mailbox rather that at your doorstep.

I hate it too. It takes at least 2 days longer to ship this way. And it is the antithesis of good customer service. Company charges shipping fees and then ships crappy.
    Shipping department CAN be a profit center.

But just because you have tracking number it DOESN'T mean ANYTHING HAS SHIPPED.
    When I print the label, you are getting the email. package still has to be actually picked up. And some devious companies actually print the label even before order has been picked and packaged.
    So you might not actually get it picked up for a day or two or three.....

Life in the want it now generation.
    (yeah, we're ALL spoiled)
    absolutely correct, they choose this level of shipping to save them money. it does generally take 2-5 days longer to receive package. might be a first world problem, but something to consider when buying form a vendor.

Boolit Buddy
    I was not offered a choice on the shipping. Midway 3rd level supervisor told me I should have a choice as to shipping. Mr. Potterfield no longer runs the company, Matt Fleming is the pres. of the co. now. I cant open my online acc with Midway because someone changed my password, I did not! I tried to close my Midway acc and the 3rd level super informed me that I was not allowed to close the acc.I want to close it because someone changed my password and therefore this acc is a security risk. No one at Midway can see my password according to super. To me that means that the acc has been compromised and should be closed! I tried to place an order online for 2 days but had to order by phone since I could not get into my online acc with MY password. This is Midways creation not UPS or USPS. when I use them all the way shipping is fast and no problems. Midway chose to use the 2 party shipping. As far as price, Midway was the cheapest as they have discontinued carrying this product and had it discounted. I have told them that when I have to go online to see the price of something that they sent me a flier about that they usually loose because I shop for the lowest price while I am online. Looking for something online is like an easter egg hunt. I put in what I am looking for and have to sort thru everything in that dept like it all was dumped in a box and you reach in blindly and pull out something. Maybe its related to what you are looking for maybe not just the luck of the draw. This is the only site that does this this way thank goodness!

Banned

I've stopped buying from Midway and have been buying from Graf and sons for about a year now. Better prices on most items and flawless shipping. About 6 months ago I bought a Redding/Saeco lubrisizer for almost $100.00 less than midway!

Boolit Master
    I still buy from midway very often. Price may be a bit more on some items but with their good inventory and frequent free shipping sales, total order price is often lower than the other guys. Their website is the best in the business. Probably my number one reason for my continued loyalty.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

Boolit Buddy
    I place most of my orders with Mid-South, never had a problem. Order from Midway sometimes. Never had a problem. I have learned that just because you can order merchandise on your computer at the speed of light, delivery is a bit slower. Patience and understanding are key in all things.
    On the other hand, shoddy customer service and crappy shipping policies are in the control of the company you have ordered from. My money will spend anywhere.
    NRA Life 1992
    My avatar is almost a dead ringer for my little buddy Chico. Six pounds of mean that thought he was a Pit Bull. Miss that little guy.

Boolit Grand Master

I've always liked Midway. I hope they can get this straightened out before it really cost them.

Boolit Master
    With UPS surepost, UPS is entirely responsible up until they drop it off at YOUR local post office, and then the mail carrier either delivers it to your door, or YOU pick it up at the post office.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigboat View Post
    You can get around this by ordering just a 50 round box of 22 ammo. The whole order has to go ups if it has ammo included.
    Thank you for this. It had never occurred to me but this is exactly right. They can’t ship live ammo thru the postal service.

I still have a couple of days left on my birthday pricing. Now that I know this little trick I might place an order.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Boolit Master
    I'm getting ready to order from midway right now , with complete confidence as I have since the early 80s .
    I started out filling out a order form and sending it to them in the mail before the credit card and internet so I consider them fast now . I will choose free shipping knowing the shipping will take a few more days / but if anything happens to my order midway will make it right .

Boolit Master

Midway isn't the only company that has packaging problems. Early this year I ordered a turret press and extra turret from Brownell's. When it arrived the press was in the original manufacturers box and the extra turret apparently just thrown loose in the outer box. There was a turret size hole in the end of the outer box and no turret.

When informed, Brownell's did replace the missing turret. They should have known that a loose 5 lb piece of cast iron was going to do some damage to the box as it bounced around unrestrained. Luckily, the press was protected and someone along the shipping route got a free turret(if they knew what it was).

In order to remain on topic, I seldom order from Midway. Most of my ordering is from Graf's.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by koehn,jim View Post
    Many of you have no idea how shipping works. Fedx and Ups both have a cheap level of service that specifies the final delivery is by USPS. If this is not to your liking pay the higher price for faster delivery and get it quicker. You are saving money on the cheaper delivery but it takes longer. This is the level that most companies use for their free shipping.
    Well said... this is what I was trying to say. If not satisfied with the "free shipping" pay for the upper level better shipping .
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Buddy
    This was not free shipping! I paid for shipping! I like Midway and have been buying from them sense the early 80's. This problem has come up with new management running the company. They have a new president that has been there for about 5 years that IMO doesnt know how to make customers happy. I feel like this company is going down hill like other companies have because of poor management decisions.Said to see a great company go this direction.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by shortlegs View Post
    This was not free shipping! I paid for shipping! I like Midway and have been buying from them sense the early 80's. This problem has come up with new management running the company. They have a new president that has been there for about 5 years that IMO doesnt know how to make customers happy. I feel like this company is going down hill like other companies have because of poor management decisions.Said to see a great company go this direction.
    That’s quite a condemnation based on one incident of slow shipping. My experiences have been exactly the opposite.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Boolit Buddy
    I have been having problems for a couple of years. No resolution. My account may have been hacked, I tried to close itbut they will not. Password on my acc has been changed. I didnt change it. SEE post #25

Boolit Master
    I have not had the difficulty some folks have had, it seems. Maybe I am just lucky that way, but it seems that I get better service if I order on Tues to Thurs & not Fri to Monday. So perhaps by doing that, I skip the issues some are having with the shipping.

No one likes to spend their money & then wait longer than they are told they should wait to get their moneys worth & the package delivered on time.
    When it becomes cheaper &/or faster to just drive somewhere to get the stuff rather than paying the shipping, they lose customers from it.

At least they would lose me if I have to go to a "brick & mortar" place to get what they offer & it takes longer to get by "mail" & the price charged for shipping makes it worse.

Hope things get better for those of you having troubles.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master

im in the middle of exactly same myself!!!

Ordered Monday... I have tracking number Tuesday. I just checked I STILL CANNOT TRACK cause they dont have pkg in there sysyem?!?!?!?

They USED TO BE GREAT... now the suk

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Grand Master

I've had no problems ordering / receiving packages / returning packages / exchanging defective items or getting refunds from Midway.

Not sure why but they have always taken care of business with me .
    Still one of my favored places to buy from .
    I go back to the days mailing in a check with the filled out order form out of the little paper catalog in the days BC (before computers)
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12