RepackboxLoad DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Midway USA shipping problems

Boolit Buddy

Midway USA shipping problems

Midway shipping has gone from the best to worst IMO. Ordered on 10/25 ,got email on 1026 saying "shipped" with tracking info. clicked on tracking info and was connected to UPS. Called UPS and they cant see that tracking info because it is USPS tracking no. USPS can not track this info becaues they havent receivedthe shipment yet, that was 10/28. Called Midway today( waste of their time and mine) and found out that "expected delivery" is 11/4. apparently UPS picks up orders from Madway and takes them to the P.O. when they get a truck load. In the mean time the customer cant "track" that package.What happened to MIdways "Express" shipping? I feel like I got the "run around" from cust ser when I talked with 3 different supervisors about this problem and other problems with logging in to my account.
    Guess who wont be spending any more money at Midway!
    Thanks for letting me vent! Not expecting any resolution!

Boolit Master

I feel your pain. I've experienced the same problem and not just with MidwayUSA. I pay the same for shipping charge but the seller evidently has cut a deal with the shipper and the customer takes it in the shorts with longer wait times. I live approx 150 miles from MidwayUSA and it now takes 5 days + to get a delivery. I quiet Midway months ago because of this and Mr Potterfield can retire on someone else's money.

You can get around this by ordering just a 50 round box of 22 ammo. The whole order has to go ups if it has ammo included.

Boolit Master

We are now a culture of instant expectations. Can you imagine what it would do to the bottom line to hire more people just to haul boxes to USPS in real time? If 5 days makes a difference, maybe the item should have been ordered earlier due to the expectation of need being time sensitive.

I know, not a popular opinion... but when I was young there was no such thing as tracking and it showed up when it showed up.

Boolit Master

I have had nothing but good service when ordering something from Midway. This is over the past 25 years. I think they ship better these days than they ever have. Keep in mind though, mistakes can happen. A mistake doesn't make them the "worst." I'm sure you'll get your order

You are blaming the wrong company, it is not the fault of Midway. It is my understanding that UPS entered into a agreement with the U.S. postal service in order to cut cost on deliveries. Instead of making numerous stops to deliver packages, UPS drops off a load at the local post office for them to complete the delivery to the customer. It appears that UPS did not want to buy more trucks and hire more drivers to deliver the increase in packages being sent.

I do business with several companies that I order from. On items sent by UPS, 90% end up at my local post office. Your complaint should be with UPS peanut counters that figured out a way to cut costs that inconvenient the person receiving the package.

Hmm.
    Over the weekend I turned the bushing on my 1011, and the spring's plug shot into outer space.
    I think it is in lunar orbit now.

So, I ordered a new one and a couple things from Midway Sunday night that will come through the Post Office.
    They've always done a good job by me.
    I hope that holds out this time too.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Grand Master

Im still waiting in my last order from lowes Ordered 9-8 internet was confirmed and now Im being told 11-9 delivery. This 2 sets of metal shelving for the shop. Paid extra for truck delivery even.

Quote Originally Posted by shortlegs View Post
    Midway shipping has gone from the best to worst IMO. Ordered on 10/25 ,got email on 1026 saying "shipped" with tracking info. clicked on tracking info and was connected to UPS. Called UPS and they cant see that tracking info because it is USPS tracking no. USPS can not track this info becaues they havent receivedthe shipment yet, that was 10/28. Called Midway today( waste of their time and mine) and found out that "expected delivery" is 11/4. apparently UPS picks up orders from Madway and takes them to the P.O. when they get a truck load. In the mean time the customer cant "track" that package.What happened to MIdways "Express" shipping? I feel like I got the "run around" from cust ser when I talked with 3 different supervisors about this problem and other problems with logging in to my account.
    Guess who wont be spending any more money at Midway!
    Thanks for letting me vent! Not expecting any resolution!
    I can only address my own experiences, and can't really solve yours. I frequently order from MidwayUSA, and in fact have an order in with them at this time. My experiences have always been very favorable. I order on line, immediately receive an acknowledgement of the order, very often later receive a "shipped" e-mail that same day, but always the next business day. I've noticed that the tracking number, doubtless assigned when the order is packed, sometimes lies dormant for a day before it shows up on the appropriate shipping agency's website. The package is probably still at Midway waiting for the shipper to pick it up. Thereafter, if I bother to do so, it is updated daily, and is usually delivered before the projected delivery date. It is not uncommon at all for them to ship via UPS and for final delivery to be made by USPS which just involves them dropping the package at the post office which is 5 miles distant and where I have a P.O. box. One is not going to find a UPS tracing number on the USPS website, but when I figure it should have arrived and again check the UPS website it says "delivered". I might fault Midway for their prices on some items, and not having other items in stock, but shipping is not one of those areas where they fall short (in my opinion). But no one or company is 100% perfect.

Boolit Master
    I have been buying rom midway since 1985. I would call in a order some times the girl would say any thing else you need ths much more for free shipping so I would up the order. a few years later I got my first credit card midway was the first time I ever used it. in all these years I have never had a problem with midway.

Boolit Master

Surepost,readypost,express post.
    All names for that crappy idea of split carrier shipping.

As stated above, the parcel starts with ups or FedEx, ends up at the u.s. postal service. Silly.

Not Midway's fault imho.

Stinks though, good luck.
    WebMonkey
    Retired 19D
    Psalm 91:9
    Honda 919

Boolit Buddy
    You can blame Midway, but take it from a guy that fixes furnaces, ACs, and refridge, for a living... shipping is a trapshoot, when ordering parts, from anywhere. Overnight, yea right, read the fine print, as that doesn't mean over that night but maybe two, or three. The only thing good about some of those tracking numbers are, you can watch how many days your package sits in, say Kansas City, even if it was shipped out of Green Bay. I am still not complaining, because it would be very hard for me to drive to Green Bay, to get that part. LOL Just got to take the good, with the bad.

Boolit Master

20yrs ago, they were the best, now, so-so is about the highest mark i can give. they just like many others have gone to the once a shipping label is printed, it has shipped, and they automatically email the customer saying that it has shipped. personally, until it has left their building, it hasnt shipped. unless something is on sale, and im in no big hurry to get it, i wont order from them any more.

Boolit Master
    1st world problems.

Boolit Master
    Had a similar experience recently, ordered Friday AM and USPS delivered Thursday PM. This was with their free shipping, not fast but in the delivery window they listed if I used free shipping. A month or so before did the same thing but one item, a new range bag, apparently was too bulky for USPS and order came within three days via UPS. Curious how much a saving to Midway doing the UPS to USPS hand off given shipping cost for regional flat rate boxes.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Is there anything that you can buy from Midway that can't be bought cheaper from another company, without having to deal with the dishonest tactics involving wether or not an item is actually available, or are they going to pop you for a second shipping charge,,,,,,,
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Grand Master

It's not Midway It's UPS... you pay UPS to ship ... UPS delivers package to local USPS (regular US Mail service)and pays them to make local delivery. Saves money for the UPS...the only way around this is don't ship via UPS if you don't like the service.
    UPS found a way to save a buck...at the shipped to person's expense . This is how they operate now.

Let me repeat ...this is the way UPS is doing business... they cut a deal with the USPS to make final local deliveries of their packages...the USPS is making money and UPS is saving money on trucks and delivery drivers... It's not Midway.
    When you send something by UPS chances are good it will be locally delivered by USPS aka the mailman !

WebMonkey , post #11 , he's got it ...called split carrier shipping . Not midways fault...the carrier is doing it .
    Gary
    Last edited by gwpercle; 10-29-2019 at 04:37 PM.
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Super Moderator

I also order a lot of stuff from Midway, have been for many, many years. There have been a couple of instances where things got really fouled up, but they always made it right...every time. If I need it really fast, I will upgrade the shipping and pay the $$$. On the Sure-Post shipments, mine go by rail on UPS trailers on Spline rail cars. They go to Phoenix, offload, then gets shipped to Flagstaff still by UPS. UPS then transfers the stuff to the local Post Office to be delivered to my porch. When you think about it, it's pretty amazing that anything ever gets to where it goes.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    I stop doing business with them over a year ago. I ordered an AR stoner 243 upper and it took them four times to get it right. They kept shipping the uppers loosely packaged. The first two boxes had tears in them with the barrels sticking out and damaged. The third one never showed up, and the fourth one finally showed up undamaged. I wanted to blame UPS but it wasn’t their fault that the uppers were loose inside the shipping boxes sliding up and down with no packaging which was ridiculous for a 8.5lb pound upper . I made the mistake of just ordering a second one and paying for it again because it was a couple weeks before deer season and I wanted “yesterday” for hunting so they had me on the hook for two charges and i had to call several times and literally beg them to get my first return refunded . I ended up returning the fourth one because deer season had gone in the past after it showed up. I even called to get an authorization before I used their online return system to make sure I would get a refund As it was the last day that I could return it for a refund. Months went by and never credited my credit card back for it. I had the tracking number and proof it went back to midway months prior. After disputing with my credit card company and calling midway on and off months later. Midway told me they were confused because I was already was refunded (for the first one) and figured out what happened (that I paid for two) and that they credited me one for the other order number and they kept trying to credit me for the same order number instead of the second order number. I was then told I had a credit of $450 on account of which was the whole reason I called to make sure I got credited back to my credit cards instead of an account. They even had notes from my phone call that they pulled up and they still put that up or an account instead of paying me back. After a long discussion with them they credited back to my credit card. It only took about 12 phone calls in two days wasted total to get my money back for items I never had in possession and shipped them back with tracking numbers and proof! I will never do business with them again. That place is a nightmare. They have too many people working there no one answers the phones and when they do they do answer no one has a clue what they’re doing. I even emailed Larry Potter several times where it says contact him direct. It took a week and a half for a response with someone that told me they represent him and Larry does not answer his own emails anymore. They only care about one thing, your money, and just like a car lot once they milked your pocket book you don’t matter anymore. I have ordered gas checks from them in the past and its pretty safe to say they don’t screw those up and I can see you up until the A.R. stoner upper incident they were spot on. I was told by their shipping department that they don’t inspect the boxes and ship those uppers direct in the boxes that they receive from the third-party that makes them “bear creek Arsenal” with a $100 Higher price tag on them because they say they are stoner I realize are in the business to make money and that’s besides the fact but they should be opening up the boxes in and inspecting those uppers for damage before they ship them out and repackaging them in tighter packages which is what they did before time around that’s why it came undamaged.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 10-29-2019 at 05:30 PM.

IT IS MIDWAY BECAUSE THEY CHOOSE TO SHIP THIS WAY!.

If you ship normal UPS (or Fedex) Or USPS, then that is the single carrier.
    But there are a LOT of companies that CHOOSE to ship at a reduced rate and use a split shipper. Yes, UPS delivers 90% of the way and then drops off at a USPS hub.
    Then 4 days later you get it in the mailbox rather that at your doorstep.

I hate it too. It takes at least 2 days longer to ship this way. And it is the antithesis of good customer service. Company charges shipping fees and then ships crappy.
    Shipping department CAN be a profit center.

But just because you have tracking number it DOESN'T mean ANYTHING HAS SHIPPED.
    When I print the label, you are getting the email. package still has to be actually picked up. And some devious companies actually print the label even before order has been picked and packaged.
    So you might not actually get it picked up for a day or two or three.....

Life in the want it now generation.
    (yeah, we're ALL spoiled)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast