Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingRepackboxLee Precision
Load DataWidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wife's dance group contest submission

Wife's dance group contest submission

Some of the gals in the dance group my wife is in submitted a video to a contest put on by the Band Queen. There were dance steps posted online, with only two weeks between those being available until the submission had to be made. The band then took snippets from the fan videos to make into a final video.

Their submission didn't get used in the video of "winning" submissions but... they did get over 1000 views from other queen fans. I'm biased but I think they did a great job and it is sort of a hoot to watch a bunch of ladies from near 60 to in their 80's rock it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmuBRgycibw

Right now they are 20 views short of 1.1k so I'm sort of hoping folks here will put them into "double digit" of over 1k for views. The views are their consolation prize so to speak and I do think folks seem to enjoy the routine they do. These ladies really are Queen fans. My wife is absolutely a super fan. To the point of being annoying when it comes to picking music in the car.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Grand Master

I viewed it! Those women rock!

Too cool.
    They're over 1,000 views now.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    Too cool.
    They're over 1,000 views now.
    Yep! But over 1,000 the display is just 1k until one hits 1,100 then it goes to 1.1k at 1,200 it would be 1.2k etc. They had 1,081 which still shows up as 1k so I'm hoping they can hit 1.1k so it shows up as "more" than 1k before the whole group gets together for their Holloween party.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Those gals are gittin' it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I watched it. Nice to see people enjoying themselves. Pretty cool!
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Looks like these ladies are having fun !!
    1081 now !!
    The insulated state in which nature has placed the American continent should so far avail it that no spark of war kindled in the other quarters of the globe should be wafted across the wide oceans which separate us from them." -- Thomas Jefferson

Moderator Emeritus

Freddy Mercury would be smiling from his grave! Such a great performance, I even replayed it for my wife, who enjoyed viewing it as much as I did. Kudos to them all, as well as observation that -- whichever lady in the performance is yours -- you're definitely a lucky man!
    geo

Moderator Emeritus

Thread deleted == computer snafu == sorry
    geo
    Last edited by georgerkahn; 10-28-2019 at 07:04 PM.

Rock on ladies!!!!!!!!!

Boolit Grand Master

33 Thumbs up with mine.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

My wife is front and center dressed in purple. That was about the 5th time they went through it for the camera, after practicing for a couple hours before hand. They were starting to get tired I think but you would hardly notice it from the way they were going at it. And yes I know, when it comes to wives I'm definitely punching above my weight class.

Funny story about that outfit. She had to stop for gas wearing it and she commented to the cashier about how it felt funny to be dressed up like that and out and about. Fellow behind her said "I'm from Tennessee and pretty much most of the women around town are dressed like that every Sunday." She got a grin out of that since those outfits are from a dance number they did for a show. The number was called "Saved" where they come out to organ music and then it shifts to a honkytonk number they tap dance to.

PS. Up to 1,092 views only 8 more and they roll over to 1.1k
    Last edited by RogerDat; 10-28-2019 at 08:01 PM.

1.1k now.
    " My people skills are just fine. It's my tolerance for idiots that needs work."

Quote Originally Posted by KMac View Post
    1.1k now.
    I came home to a very happy wife. Who had already seen the count cross 1.1 and told me as soon as I walked in. So thanks guys! And as it happens she was watching "her program" Dancing With The Stars.

Boolit Master
    Well they move way better than I do. Enjoyed the video. Have both the video and the music CD and both the wife have repeatedly watched them and played the music. When they did the Live Aid concert they showed the dummy from EMI bet he felt like a fool. Frank

Boolit Grand Master

Tell the Ladies they are Freaking Awesome... Keep on Rocking !

I really enjoyed the video... tell them to make another ... Bohemian Rhapsody !!!
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    Kudos to your wife’s dance group!

Awesome

Thank you for sharing that!

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Master

20 some years ago my bosses wife tried to get me into line dancing. I told her I'm not very good at dancing. "Have you ever done any dancing," she asked. "Well, the last time anyone ever accused me of dancing, I was stomping the life out of a rattlesnake!"
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    20 some years ago my bosses wife tried to get me into line dancing. I told her I'm not very good at dancing. "Have you ever done any dancing," she asked. "Well, the last time anyone ever accused me of dancing, I was stomping the life out of a rattlesnake!"
    I went visual with you hopping around on a snake and laughed my tail off. We did line dancing for a bit. Then tried 2 step. it ended there, she wouldn't let me lead. Said she knew where we were supposed to be going and she was sure I didn't. She might have had a point there.

Last time anyone accused me having having good rhythm was in a pinball arcade. I guess I could make those flippers "dance" just a bit, and had some good hip action to go with it. But then 40 some years ago my hips were in a whole lot better shape than today.

Boolit Master

Roger:
    Sometimes when I revisit that event with a visual replay in my mind I need to try not to hyperventilate. It was quite, ahh, exciting.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast