WidenersRotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionRepackboxADvertise hereTitan Reloading

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tru-Line JR

Boolit Master
    Be still my racing froggie heart! All those Red Heads are mind boggling. I really don't understand there being the huge disparity between the relatively rare RH presses and what should be expected to more common, the TL Jr(??)

BTW, I just got in touch once again with CC Johnson's grandson Jerry who has promised to help me track down some of the less known info about the production of the Red Head. We've got a thread going over on the ARTCA Forum about it, but I'll try to keep the Boolit Guys abreast with any good developments on that as well.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Mold
    East of the Stick Marsh, East Coast of Florida
    I do own a Tru-Line Jr., but do not use it. It was given to me earlier this summer and is on display in my reloading/gun room. I did start out on a 310 Tool loading .38/357 and .45 ACP. When I got my .44 Mag, I graduated to a Lyman Spar-T. I used that for about a dozen years then picked up a Dillon Square Deal B. I have since gone back to the Lyman fold with the Turret Press with changeable heads.

I my gun library I have many catalogs. One of which is a Herters, when I buy what I think is collectable stuff, I look to see if it is in there first.
    USMC 1969-1993

Everything Herter's is collectible, it's the best, none better.
    Antique Reloading Tool Collector, Historian and Writer
    Newsletter editor: Antique Reloading Tool Collectors Association
    Archive manager, Antique Reloading Tool Collectors Association
    email: pressman@antiquereloadingtools.com
    www.antiquereloadingtools.com

Boolit Mold
    East of the Stick Marsh, East Coast of Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Pressman View Post
    Everything Herter's is collectible, it's the best, none better.
    I have two rooms of collectible stuff that are firearms related. Just starting to make room for other things. Just sold a Star reloading press complete with three sets of dies.
    USMC 1969-1993

Should you ever get the opportunity to visit the land of Herter's, stop by and you will see what it really means to have two rooms full of collectible stuff. I have 99.8% of every reloading tool Herter's made.

Ken
    Antique Reloading Tool Collector, Historian and Writer
    Newsletter editor: Antique Reloading Tool Collectors Association
    Archive manager, Antique Reloading Tool Collectors Association
    email: pressman@antiquereloadingtools.com
    www.antiquereloadingtools.com

Boolit Master
    I like a lot of the older loading tools and have picked up a few presses just because they were cheap and vintage. I found 2 of the TL jrs for $10 each at a Restore Store. Also picked up several partial dies sets but not sure if I have a complete set of anything yet. Other presses I have managed to get are a Star in 38spl, an old Texan progressive in 12 ga, a CH three die press and a Lyman AA. Today I just bought a Bonanza Co Ax. Some of the older presses are way over engineered and it's fun to use some of these.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rbuck351 View Post
    I like a lot of the older loading tools and have picked up a few presses just because they were cheap and vintage. I found 2 of the TL jrs for $10 each at a Restore Store. Also picked up several partial dies sets but not sure if I have a complete set of anything yet. Other presses I have managed to get are a Star in 38spl, an old Texan progressive in 12 ga, a CH three die press and a Lyman AA. Today I just bought a Bonanza Co Ax. Some of the older presses are way over engineered and it's fun to use some of these.
    Sounds like you are well and truly hooked, rbuck351. Next you’ll be buying die sets for guns you don’t have “yet” and all sorts of neat accessories. Then “just one more” press because of its special features or history, and then, and then... Better run away if you still can!

Froggie

Boolit Master
    It's too late, I already have dies with no gun "yet", more powder throwers, scales, presses and other loading equipment than makes any sense. Today I picked up the Bonanza CO AX from the auction place that came with two scales, two powder measures and a few other bits and pieces for $40. I am hooked and just can't resist a good deal.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rbuck351 View Post
    It's too late, I already have dies with no gun "yet", more powder throwers, scales, presses and other loading equipment than makes any sense. Today I picked up the Bonanza CO AX from the auction place that came with two scales, two powder measures and a few other bits and pieces for $40. I am hooked and just can't resist a good deal.
    Welcome to the club!

Froggie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12