RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad DataWideners
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackboxLee Precision
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Anyone loading MP No lube groove 9 mm

Anyone loading MP No lube groove 9 mm

Planning on buying a couple of Gen 5 Glocks. I’ve had to have Dougguy cut the throat for a barrel of mine before and I’m not really interested in doing that again.
    Is anyone having problem loading MiHec’s newer round nose no lube groove bullets?
    I’m really interested in these molds.
    We’re there any problems, especially with CZ or Glock marksman type barrels with tight throats?

Banned

I have the 135gr one. It has to be deep seated if you use PC. It was made for Hitec.

Boolit Master
    Another option would be TC shapes. I know Accurate and NOE have them, pretty sure MP has them. Also, the NOE Elco boolit is designed specifically as a heavy-for-caliber boolit to work with short leads.

I appreciate the honesty. I have a few of his molds and really like them. But I got tired of struggling to find load data and having to experiment.
    What I’m really interested in is finding a mold that has the same shape as one of Berry’s or Rainier’s Bullet shape.
    I have no problem finding load data for them. Plus they load so easy.

I bought my first Accurate mold for 40 S&W and love it. Really great Bullet.
    Any recommendations for a 9 mm Bullet preferably 147 grain.

Banned

The 135gr is the same profile as a Win 115gr jacketed. Almost identical in shape. Just the weight difference.

I am using this MP 357-130 NLG for my Glock17 Gen3 and my buddy is using his TC 130grs with lube groove in his Glock Gen5, no problems at all.

I like the mp modern version of the himmelwright bullet (bullet of left).
    [IMG][/IMG]

It casts out at 141gr/142gr and right at 145gr after pc'ing them. That bullet has a crimp groove that I use for 38spl's. When loading 9mm's I taper crimp on the drive band in front of the crimp groove. That's how the bullet was designed & it's actually a well thought out design. It's:
    Setup for taper or roll crimp
    Excellent weight for target work in the 9mm's/38spl's
    Beveled base for ease of loading
    The nose is designed so that it doesn't matter how much pc builds up on it, the oal doesn't change.
    Designed to fit into any chamber, doesn't matter if the bbl is throated/not throated/tight/etc.

MP sold a 8-cavity al mold and a 6-cavity brass mold for these bullets. I opted for the 6-cavity brass mold that effortlessly makes piles of quality bullets in a hurry.

Boolit Buddy
    The mp 135 with no lube groove casts right at 140 with hardball and works perfectly in a both my cz Shadow 2 chambers (and passes a tight case gauge) sized to .358 and loaded to 1.10 it also works flawlessly in all my Glock chambers though I don’t have a gen 5. Next time I cast up a bunch I can send you a handful to try out if you would like.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm using the mp 130gr rnbb. Though I'm having trouble with it leaving crud in my barrel. Though I believe that's got something to do with the way I'm casting or using hitek rather than any inherent problem with the mold or the hitek. I also have a mp 145rnbb but found you have to load it super short. Which I'm not comfortable doing.