Lee PrecisionRepackboxWidenersReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: 9mm High Point carbine

Boolit Grand Master

9mm High Point carbine

Walked into the LGS and they had a much unloved 9mm on the shelf. Looked like it had been "rode hard and put up wet" so to speak, but had a perfect bore. Had to follow me home, couldn't resist the price.

What do you load in your carbine and what mags work well in the rifle?

They eat almost anything. Load and blast away, they are a lot of fun.

Boolit Buddy
    That should be a fun plinker. When it comes to Hi Point, you get what you pay for. Quality control is luck of the draw. I've seen some function flawlessly when well lubed and I've seen others that jammed every third round no matter what you did. My friend uses a 147 jacketed bullet with 4.0 WSF which works well for him.

Boolit Master

Some mags will damage the rifle and void the warranty.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/w...p-warnings.jpg

Boolit Master

As I’ve stated here before if you get a good one they runand run dispite their appearance; my friend who loves to break things can’t break his

Stick with the Red Ball boomarang mag or HP originals.

As to load, everything from little 125 gr .358's to 158 gr round nose over 3 to 4.5 grains of Red Dot.
    Anything over 3.5 gr of RD gets labeled for carbine only.

I have 3, started with a used .40sw, then picked up a used 9mm for the wife. And eventually bought a new one in .45acp for me. That one is my favorite of them all. And it does just fine out to 75 or 100 yards with just a Red Dot sight with 2.5 moa dot.

Boolit Master

Lee 358-105 over 4 grains of Promo. Runs all day long and for cheap.

Boolit Master
    They run best with redball or factory mags and eat whatever you feed it.

Banned
    If you have a Hi Point carbine that jams then send it in for repair.

They have some of the best customer service out there.

My 9mm carbine runs and runs and runs.

Mounted a 4X scope and blast targets at 100 yards easily.

Boolit Grand Master
    Only put 20 rounds thru it, but ran just fine. Only one mag came with it though.

Boolit Master
    I got the 40S&W. Mine will eat about everything. The high point warranty is one of the best. I have used it. And if you send it in they will send you a free mag. I only shoot most of the time 25 yards but does nice out to 50 and 75 for me.

Boolit Master

I to run 4 grains of promo and redball or original magazines , use the same load in most pistols , like the 40 and the 45 a little better but those ugly carbines are fun .

I have a couple of the Red Ball extended mags for the .45acp. They went a difffernt way for them. Bottom of the mag is a double stack. Part that fits into the handle is a single stack.

Works fine. 50 rounds of .45acp ain't nothing to sneeze at. I know I would not want to be on the receiving end.

It does rock and roll a bit, but not painful.

Boolit Master

I will recommend the 125 gr lee flat point mold, get the 6 banger so you can make lots. I have used powders from blue dot to bullseye and had no functioning problems. It did not care much for the truncated cone 356 120gr bullet that lee makes a mold for. The bore seems to be a little larger than a "normal" 9mm. My impression! There was a seller on e-bay that sold a holder accessory that attached right to the butt with two 10 rd mags, all High Point manufactured, for about $50. These are fun guns and make good 22 substitute guns that you can reload, for when the supply dries up after the next election.

I have also tried the light ( 100 gr +=- )wad cutter 358 lee bullet and it needs more playing with, but it worked pretty well initially.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

I love my 995-TS. It digests everything I've put thru it. I swear you could load gravel in the thing. I've settled on Lee 358-125 RFP, mixed WW, PC'd, sized to .358, 4.2 gr. Red Dot. A snappy load, but works for me. I've got 3 HP mags, 10 round limit in New Germany.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    I won't begin to enumerate the cast bullet loads I tried with mine, .355, .356, .357 and .358 diameters, several different styles and weights within those diameters, hardness, powders and charges, and even lube. No joy. The very best was 3"-4" at 25 yards.

With the HOR HAP bullet it would do 1" easily at same range. Found a close out on some WIN 130 gr. 38 Super bullets for quite cheap so bought enough to get free shipping.

Disappointed that I could not get it to shoot cast, but still one of the most fun guns I own. Throughout all my attempts to find an accurate load with cast bullets, I never once had a malfunction, even with some rather blunt, squatty, SWC styles.

I also have one in 40 S&W which shoots the Lee TC bullet extremely well with BD powder.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

Boolit Buddy
    My family owns 3, me, my wife, and my mom. The girls have theirs in the Muddy Girl camo pattern. They shoot all cast bullets I've put through them accurately accept some 105 grn SWC's that were LLA tumble lubed and under powered I was doing load work ups on. Great PCC for 9mm. Kids love to shoot them as well. Funny how the more popular they have gotten the price has crept up. I can build a complete AR-15 for the same price as a new 995-TS. I'm on a Hi-Point group on FB and last year a guy took his 2 kids out gave them the Hi Point Carbine in 10MM and were putting deer down out to 125 yards with no issues. I wouldn't hesitate to take a deer with my 995-TS using the Lee 9mm TC 124 grn out to 100 yards. Guarantee to put meat in the freezer. A lot of people just set these rifles in the fun to shoot category but they are definitely capable of being put to work! Plus pistol is way more simpler to reload than rifle! BRASS PREP SUCKS!!!