Titan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationWidenersRepackbox
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A member has went home

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

A member has went home

Our brother Goatwhiskers has went home to his Lord . His real name was Mike , I have been talking to him by phone for about a year and a half . Mike had cancer , it slowly spread and Monday before last he passed away in a Hospice facility .

Many here encouraged and comforted him when his wife died in an accident not that long ago . He always spoke highly of the members here . I know he often came here to the Chapel when he was lonely or grieving . He lived alone out in the country , he was in his 70's and retired . He had other medical problems besides the cancer but was determined to stay independent as long as he could . We had a lot of conversations , I could hear his mental state deteriorate over time . I worried for him .

I have not been on the forum a lot for the last three weeks or so , I haven't been keeping in contact with many here . I talked to Mike a little over two weeks ago , his son had put him in a nursing home because he just couldn't take care of himself anymore . He wanted to get better and go home to his two dogs that he always talked about . I tried to call him about an hour ago but his son answered his phone and told me Mike had passed away Monday before last . It made me feel guilty that I hadn't kept up with him the last few weeks .

His son said Mike went home peacefully Monday before last . By us talking I know his salvation is assured , Mike loved the Lord .

I'm sorry to bring this news but felt obligated . Pray for his son and daughter .

Charlie
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Buddy

Prayers going up, glad to hear he is with our Heavenly Father.
    Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Boolit Master

Thank you Boaz for the information on Mike (Goatwhiskers). I am sorry for our loss of a good christian brother. I'll also pray for the family as it is always a loss when a loved one passes. However from your description of his physical conditions, he has fought the good fight and finished his race on this side of the chilly Jordan. He is in a much better place and no longer has any earthly pain to deal with. We will see him again.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Master

Truly sorry to hear that. I enjoyed his post. He seemed by all accounts to be a decent fellow. My condolences to his family and friends.

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    Boaz,
    Very sorry to hear this! Prayers go out!
    Thank you for keeping us informed!
    Jim
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Sad. He seemed like a nice fellow in any words I had with him. RIP Brother.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

So sorry to hear he's not with us anymore....but kinda jealous for him.

Prayers for the family.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Mike (Goatwhiskers) and I chatted once in a while in PM. I will miss him! Prayers sent for his family and his soul.

Boolit Master

He and I exchanged PMs as well. RIP. Ed

Boolit Master
    Thank you for sharing this news , even though it is sad news.

May he cross the river & rest on the other side.

As well, may his family & friends not feel too much grief for his moving on to a better place. Meeting his maker, his missus & all the others who cared for him & whom he cared for, who went before he passed, should be a jubilant event. He went to meet his Lord.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Moderator Emeritus

I will miss Goatwhisker's posts but now that I know that he was saved by the Blood of the Lamb, I will not grieve for him. My grief is saved for those who die without Christ in their lives! There is no longer ANY hope for them. They will spend all Eternity burning in Hell and wishing that they could come back and accept Christ as their Lord and Saviour.

God has promised Goatwhiskers and all Believers that there will be "no more pain, no more suffering, no more death, for the old things have passed away". Hard to beat a deal like that!
    Semper Fi, TreeTop
    "Treetop"
    Sgt. USMC
    1968-71

"Accuracy has a suppressive power all by itself."
    Lt. Gen. George Flynn, USMC

“The Second Amendment was not written to protect your right to shoot deer.
    It was written to protect your right to shoot tyrants…”
    Judge Andrew Napolitano

Boolit Master

The passing of a Dad is a hard thing, at least it was for me, knowing that he is with the Lord and out of pain is a great comfort. My prayers for the family.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Praying for Mike family as they walk the stages of grief and rejoice another saint got home.
    This world is not our home as Christians we are just passing through serving Jesus as we travel.

Moderator Emeritus

I am so glad that Mike is with the Lord.....yet we will miss him on the forum! RIP Mike!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Condolences and prayers. I enjoyed many of his countless posts. He will be missed.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master

Prayers sent
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

Boolit Grand Master

Thanks for letting us know. He was a good man and is now home.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

My condolences for the passing of GW (he will always be GW to me) My prayers for his family in their time of grief. Jubilation at his homecoming.
    As for you, brother Boaz, God puts us where He wants us, when He wants us, not my will, but Thine be done.
    Go in peace.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Thanks for sharing Charlie.
    May Mike rest well & may perpetual light shine upon him, rest in peace.
    ...Speak softly & carry a big stick...

Boolit Master
    Hallelujah! Our brother has returned home! Hallelujah!

Father God, be with Mike's family! Give them comfort and peace knowing he's resting in the arms of our Lord, free from the frailties of this life, free from the evil that stalks us. May they take comfort that a faithful brother or sister's passing is like a candle in a dark place that cast light into darkness, that their faith til the end is an example for us. Bless them Lord. Amen

I don't grieve for Mike, but for the loss he leaves his family. No doubt he'll be missed there, more than here, but good memories live on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast