RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWideners
RepackboxReloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Snyders Jerky

Thread: wts/wtt 1871-72 open top-colt barrels

Boolit Buddy

wts/wtt 1871-72 open top-colt barrels

I have two 1871-72 open top colt replica barrels, they are blue and are 5.5 inches long. I brought them new from Taylors guns to convert my 7.5 inch open top colts to 5.5 inches.( I came down with heat stroke and my cowboy days are over. these barrels are for the .44 special pistols but will fit the pistols in .44-40 cal.(all ubertis and taylors .44 barrels are now in .429, not .427.)I tried to raise the sight of one one barrel and that didn't go well.
    pictures on request. I would prefer FTF in Houston, tx. area, but I will ship if the deal is right.
    please make offers that are reasonable. these are bare barrels, only! pm861@sbcglobal.net
    Last edited by pakmc; 10-22-2019 at 07:31 PM.

Boolit Master

I would trade you a reasonable amount of leatherwork for these barrels. FWIW Uberti never made 1872 Opentops in 44-40. www.whyteleatherworks.com

Boolit Buddy
    your right, I'm mostly refering to the size of the barrels which are 429. I was off, I haven't played with these in a while. I think the only .44-40's or 1873's or in the schofile. i'm sorry but leather goods don't seem right to me! I'm thinking of BP pistols, and/or reloading stuff.

Boolit Master

I have a few MEC JR 12 reloading presses, a 3 hole LEE press, a big ol' Herter's single stage press. Or maybe pure tin ingots or some 50/50 ingots. Linotype ingots? A Texan balance bean scale? What do you need, maybe I have it.

Boolit Buddy
    hi Springfield, I reload every thing I shoot and I pour my own bullets and powder coat them. I really don't need anything, but I do shoot 6.8 SBC and 300blk.(+most pistol calibers)ok, mostly revolvers(AT my age I hate bending over and picking up brass. I'm into black powder again,(for about the third or fourth time) and just pistols. I also have two 7.62 uppers for AR's and I reload for them also.ok, plus two .30 caliber carbines. would you have any black powder pistols?? I"ve got four now, but I do pour soft lead balls for them (.36 and .44's), I"m not familiar with a TExas scale, tell me about it! and/or pictures

Boolit Master

Texan Scale

It is basically a Redding scale on Steroids. Measures up to 500 grains, comes in the original box and looks almost like new. I never weigh bullets so I don't anything other than my Reddings.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TexanScale.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	250124

Boolit Buddy
    that's quite interesting,I like balance beam scales, (they don't have batterys), any thing else you might have that would be interesting? I'd really like to move these as a pair, one has my uh oh where the front sight is.
    im thinking my two barrles are worth somewhere between $100-$200.00 would you have any 6.8SBC brass or 300 blk brass? or .270 factory bullets or .308 bullets,(i'm just throwing out things we could maybe do a trade on, and/or the difference in cash?) talk to me and lets make somekind of a deal!.

Boolit Master

I have a few pieces of 300BLK, not really sure what they are worth. How many plus the scale?

Boolit Buddy
    how about some where between 100-200 pieces?

Boolit Master

Deal. I'll go hunt it down, still haven't got around to loading it myself yet. Could you send me a pic of the barrels to whytelw AT comcast DOT net so I can see what I will have to fix on the front sight? Thanks, Springfield

Boolit Buddy
    there is something wrong about your email address. please send me your address on this email adress:
    pm861@sbcglobal.net

Boolit Master

pm sent with e-mail address