Snyders JerkyRepackboxRotoMetals2Load Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any other stir fry lovers on here?

Moderator Emeritus

I do 5 spice wings once in awhile. Make a breading of flour and 5 spice. Marinade wings with sprinkled 5 spice overnight then shake in the flour and into the deep fryer(easier than using the wok for this one).

Moderator Emeritus

Last nights stir fry was HOT lol I had a heavy hand with the chili flakes then used some pepper oil to finish it off the heat. I was sweating for 3 hours after. I am a bit of a chili head and like heat! Had great flavor and the heat wasn't over powering when eating so just right!

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    I used to stir fry a-lot when I had gas stove in my wok! My wok is retired because it doesn't work well with electric stove...but i found one of those copper chef pans that work reverse ! It is actually is cooler in the middle and hotter on the edges because the bottom is domed! (probably a manufacture fault!) any way it now works like a wok in reverse! I make a lot of Pad Thai (but cut down on sodium when possible) It is just a kick I'm into at this time
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Boolit Buddy
    Great recipe fellas thanks I love stir fry!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    Hello to all . I;ve been stir-frying for years , started with a cast iron wok I bought in Chinatown , cooked on a B.B.Q. gas ring powered by a LP Gas bottle . most unsatisfactory setup .In later years , I graduated to a SUNBEAM electric wok , and never looked back . I use peanut oil , and start by flavouring it with finely chopped garlic cloves and fresh ginger root .I found that minced garlic tends to " spit " when added to hot oil . I usually fry vegies ( capsicum ,onion ,bok choy ,broccoli ) first, then add the protein .
    We have an Asian cooking program over here called RECIPE TIN EATS --- I believe it's also shown in the U.S. If you can get it , I suggest that you do . Another site U.S. based that I subscribe to is THE OMNIVORES COOKBOOK .
    The cut of beef I prefer to use is called Skirt steak , sliced against the frain and then marinated in a rounded teaspoon of cornflour , a half teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda , a tablespoon of chinese cooking wine ( if none , use dry sherry ) , and a tablespoon of good quality soy sauce . Add the sliced steak , coat thoroughly , then add a tablespoon of ( tap) water , mix in , then add a teaspoon of Sesame oil and mix in . Let stand for approx. 45 minutes , then cook .
    My measurements are approximate , all " as close as " because I dont use proper measuring gadgets . The quantities stated relate to approx. 3/4 lb of steak , but if you have a larger piece , adjust the marinade accordingly . I have used rump steak and flank steak when I couldn't find any skirt steak , but definitely prefer skirt .
    I'm about to start trying noodles with beef or chicken .
    Good luck with your stir-frying .
    MZLLDR.

The amount of oil used to fry the aromatics varies and is determined by what I'm going to cook ------ if it's a simple steak, capsicum ,onion and bok choy recipe ,then I use a tablespoon of oil and fry the aromatics for 2 -- 3 minutes on high , then add the protein .

My stir fry is about like the OP, but I don't marinade the chicken; all the seasoning goes in the sauce. My wok was a St Vincent De Paul find from when I was a bachelor. It didn't come with a ring, so a friend made one for me from scrap flexible steel, brazed together on the ends. I have used it for years, but a little while ago, my kids gave me a flat-bottom wok from Ikea which works much better on our glass-topped stove.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Master

NONE of this discussion exists with out PICTURES

Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Moderator Emeritus

My cellcamera dies, just got the replacement phone Friday... still learning it and getting it setup the way I want it...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12