Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackbox
Snyders JerkyLoad DataReloading EverythingWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quietest/Best Powder for 230 gr Subsonic 300 AAC?

Boolit Mold
    Just viewed you website, joined, but still don't understand the burn rate chart. My recent failure at testing .300 AAC loads drove me to do more research. I'm casting the Lee 230 gn 5og. My allow puts them at 217 average. Every load I used was super. I started with 10.3 CFE BLK @ 1547 fps ave! I knew the rest of my loads would be too hot. I had also loaded some Sierra Match kings 230 with 11.5 CFE BLK and they screamed at 1610 fps. The load data that I had used was supposedly for sub-sonic. So, do I start reducing loads until I get to 1050 fps, or did I miss something? I have 4227, CFE BLK, Unique, 2400, Accur#5, H4895 and Varget.

Banned
    Welcome to cast boolits old46guy
    this burn rate chart shows the rate different powders burn from fastest (1 generally pistol) to slowest (149 - rifle)

the search box at the upper right of this page will link you to all the knowledge on this forum
    Last edited by Conditor22; 04-20-2020 at 02:52 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by old46guy View Post
    Just viewed you website, joined, but still don't understand the burn rate chart. My recent failure at testing .300 AAC loads drove me to do more research. I'm casting the Lee 230 gn 5og. My allow puts them at 217 average. Every load I used was super. I started with 10.3 CFE BLK @ 1547 fps ave! I knew the rest of my loads would be too hot. I had also loaded some Sierra Match kings 230 with 11.5 CFE BLK and they screamed at 1610 fps. The load data that I had used was supposedly for sub-sonic. So, do I start reducing loads until I get to 1050 fps, or did I miss something? I have 4227, CFE BLK, Unique, 2400, Accur#5, H4895 and Varget.
    As Miss Clavel says "something is not right". Yes I have a daughter that I read to every night, she's a Senior right now. Anyway, you need to check your Chrony. Plus what are you sizing too? Check the chrony, did I say that already?

Just loaded up some 235's with 10.2 g CFE black Got avg 850 out of a 10 inch barrel. Much loader to me with my can then the 7.2 grains of lill gun which got the same velocity as well. Let me go shoot some with the lil gun real quick......well could not really tell if one was louder then the other. Maybe more rounds of each so that FRP is gone and have someone listen. Both are hearing safe. The FRP is a little loud but after that not bad.
    Last edited by mto7464; 04-25-2020 at 06:38 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12