Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Reloading Everything Repackbox

Thread: New MP mold

Boolit Buddy

New MP mold

So I picked up earlier this year a 480 Ruger Super Blackhawk and wanted a mid weight bullet mold for it, about that time a group buy came up on another site so I jumped on it, the mold is from MP Molds the design is the 477-640.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5u3Zy15.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	249974
    With several different pins for HP and FP. So after waiting for what seemed like 100 years, I got an email that the molds were ready. I paid and in a few days received it. I have a couple of MP molds all of which are brass, I normally prefer aluminum molds but have had great results with the brass MP Molds. So this weekend during the rain I started to heat cycle the mold to get it prepared for a casting run. I normally heat cycle brass molds 3-4 times then start casting but I couldn't wait so I went ahead and cast a few to measure and see how the fit is for my gun. I was amazed that it started throwing good bullets in just a couple of throws. I am very happy with this mold, now I need to size a few and load some dummy rounds and test them in the gun.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rps20191019_180818.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	249977

I picked up a 480 super blackhawk about a month ago. I have the mp 476-640. I have been very tempted by this mold, but don’t have enough experience with the 480 yet to determine whether I need this mold or not. With the large hp, the estimated weight is 325gns. There is plenty of load data for that weight bullet. Decisions. Decisions.
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelguns 1961 View Post
    I picked up a 480 super blackhawk about a month ago. I have the mp 476-640. I have been very tempted by this mold, but don’t have enough experience with the 480 yet to determine whether I need this mold or not. With the large hp, the estimated weight is 325gns. There is plenty of load data for that weight bullet. Decisions. Decisions.
    It will cover most of what I will be shooting, I also have a 275gr mold from Accurate Molds for plinking/target shooting and I picked up a 410gr LBT LFN mold for heavier bullets. I also have a design for a 445gr bullet but don't know if I am going to get it cut yet?