MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersReloading EverythingLoad Data
Inline FabricationRepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision

Thread: Fs: M1 garand national match

Boolit Master

Fs: M1 garand national match

Springfield Armory Inc. National Match M1 Garand, 30-06.

It is a 700550X serial number. It is a new manufactured M1, not MIL surplus. Selling this for a buddy of mine who is raising cash to get through the winter. It was purchased in 1983-84, he fired it 6 times to “sight it in” and then he put it away. The bore is clean and oiled. It was stored with the hammer down so there has been no tension on the hammer spring. There are 3 or 4 dings in the stock, I’m guessing from handling some. You may or may not be able to see them in the pics. If needed I can get better pics of them. If you want other views or better views of something I will get more pics.

He recently took it to Ron Peterson of Albuquerque fame who verified that it is a genuine NM M1 Garand. Mr. Peterson measured the throat and reports 0 (zero) wear. It is free of rust as far as I can tell.

This one hasn’t drawn blood yet and is hungry for a thumb to bite.
    The rifle and sling as pictured, $1800.00 OBO
    shipped to your FFL if he accepts from non-FFL. If not let me know ahead of time.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191019_174231.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	165.3 KB 
ID:	249941
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191015_165455.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	207.1 KB 
ID:	249926Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191015_165510.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	203.6 KB 
ID:	249927Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191015_165516.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	207.5 KB 
ID:	249928Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191015_165526.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	229.6 KB 
ID:	249929Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191015_165541.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	189.0 KB 
ID:	249930Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191015_165546.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	235.6 KB 
ID:	249931Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191015_165556.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	217.4 KB 
ID:	249932Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191019_161236.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	214.2 KB 
ID:	249933Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191019_161256.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	173.6 KB 
ID:	249934Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191015_165716.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	184.0 KB 
ID:	249935Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191015_165730.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	163.0 KB 
ID:	249936Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191015_165804.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	245.0 KB 
ID:	249937Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191015_165849.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	140.9 KB 
ID:	249938Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191015_165708.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	172.0 KB 
ID:	249939
    Last edited by 375RUGER; 11-08-2019 at 04:59 PM. Reason: reduced price
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H.L. Mencken

The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naïve and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.― H.L. Mencken

2. 10-20-2019, 02:01 PM
    Reason
    Not a discussion thread

Boolit Bub
    What are the indicators that the rifle is a "genuine NM M1 Garand" ?

Serial Number ?

Just very curious.

THANKS!

Moderator Emeritus
    There are two distinct National Match Garands, those put together a long time ago by Springfield Armory, the military contractor, and those made by Springfield Armory Inc, the company. This rifle is from the company, as stated in the ad and indicated by the 7M serial number. The military rifles had a max serial number in the low 6M’s. There is probably a very different value between the two, but I don’t know the current values.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by garandsrus View Post
    There are two distinct National Match Garands, those put together a long time ago by Springfield Armory, the military contractor, and those made by Springfield Armory Inc, the company. This rifle is from the company, as stated in the ad and indicated by the 7M serial number. The military rifles had a max serial number in the low 6M’s. There is probably a very different value between the two, but I don’t know the current values.
    True, technically this can't be a "genuine" National Match M1 as it wasn't issued by the US military. It is a commercially produced exact copy of the military issued National Match M1. Starting in 1777 the armory at Springfield, Massachusetts later named Springfield Armory was a US government armory which was operated by the government, with government employees, until Robert Strange (I'll say!) McNamara closed it in 1968. John C. Garand was (and still is) probably the most famous employee of Springfield Armory. Starting during the Viet Nam war Springfield Armory developed weapons, then turned production over to outside contractors.
    Ed

CW3 USA (Ret)
    VFW Life
    American Legion
    DAV Life
    NRA Benefactor
    TX State Rifle Assn Life
    SAF Life
    NY State Rifle and Pistol Assn Senior Member because I don't have to fight that fight in TX
    JPFO Member
    GOA Member

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wag View Post
    Great looking rifle. If Ron Peterson says it's good, it's good. He's as up front as they come.

If I had the cash, I'd buy it m'self.

Free bump.

--Wag--
    My buddy has been trading with Ron since 1968, he's been here a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by garandsrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed in North Texas View Post
    True, technically this can't be a "genuine" National Match M1 as it wasn't issued by the US military. It is a commercially produced exact copy of the military issued National Match M1. Starting in 1777 the armory at Springfield, Massachusetts later named Springfield Armory was a US government armory which was operated by the government, with government employees, until Robert Strange (I'll say!) McNamara closed it in 1968. John C. Garand was (and still is) probably the most famous employee of Springfield Armory. Starting during the Viet Nam war Springfield Armory developed weapons, then turned production over to outside contractors.
    Thank you both for your input on this.
    Genuine is the term Ron Peterson used. It is authentic as described in the OP. It is Authentic, with NM stamps, bedded action, etc as it came from SAI. It is for you Garand collectors to hash out the meaning if "genuine" or "authentic" or some other adjective is the correct term to use.

I typoed the serial number but it it now corrected in the first post. I had too many zeros.

Wildphil--are your questions answered?
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H.L. Mencken

The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naïve and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.― H.L. Mencken

Boolit Grand Master
    Is he looking to trade for anything or just cash
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master
    He really needs the money.

Boolit Master
    Back on the radar.

10. 10-23-2019, 04:32 PM
    Reason
    Not a discussion thread

11. 10-23-2019, 05:13 PM
    Reason
    Not a discussion thread

12. 10-25-2019, 11:03 AM
    Reason
    Not a discussion thread

Boolit Master
    up top

Boolit Master
    Back on top for Sunday.

Boolit Master

Is it still a 30-06 or was it changed to 308/7.62nato?? I have a sister to this one. But it was reworked to 308 I'm drooling over this one.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

First post says 30-06...........

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

Boolit Master
    yes, 30-06

Boolit Master
    price reduced now $1800 OBO

Boolit Buddy
    Really shouldn't bump.
    Should go rob a bank.......

tell the FBI that I was joking