Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionWidenersLoad Data
Repackbox
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Huge Upgrade Coming?????? WAIT...

" upon completion will have an entirely new look for a few days. "

Only a few days?

Then it is going to revert back?
    Or only if there is massive protest?

Sounds pretty suspicious to me.

Run a ladder test on that load and show me the results.

In the end, you do what you have to do, as do we. Be gentle as possible please.

Boolit Master

I know with today's technology that upgrades are periodically necessary. Everybody else upgrades so we have too.
    And we'll get used to it. We have no choice. So we'll deal with it.

But WE don't have to like it.

So much for wasting time and words to state the obvious.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Master

Only a few days?
    I've got tomatoes, peppers and apples to can up, hope I can get that done in two days. I start this morning.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Banned

When is this happening? Is there a thread about it with more details?

I'm also challenged by technology and dislike change.

In Remembrance

One thing I know from managing one of castboolits sister sites, ammobrasstrader.com:
    Willy Snider, our web master, has his hands full with web software. This is not magical, stand alone stuff. Willy has successfully incorporated dozens of add ons and modifications, and hundreds of server side settings to make the existing site what it has been. Which is something amazing.
    There have been updates to the existing software, and many of those have "broken" some of the CB customizations. So, just as Microsoft and other software vendors provide updates, many of which increase security, etc. So also we will see changes for the better. Willy is able to set it up off line and then when it's all working, move it on line. My guess as to when...is when it's all properly working correctly.

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I sure hope all my subscriptions re-appear. They have all disappeared over the least few months!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Well I know from my reading over at the GBO site that many people still can't get in.

This morning instead of my normal 150ish new posts, there was 56. I'm on my 3rd sip of coffee and I'm done. BLEAH

Trying to have patience, worried about new look. Trying hard to trust management.

Think I'm going to go make some torches and sharpen some pitchforks. Just in case.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    I have a very limited knowledge of how to work computers. I know how to get on this site.
    I only hope the changes are not too confusing to the computer operating challenged like myself , I no longer have the help and guidance I once had... the computer world is very perplexing to me .

Just in case I can't get back on... I've really enjoyed my time on the forum ... I've never had anyone else to discuss boolit casting with... in the last 50 years not one of my friends took up casting and very few reloaded .
    Gary
    After posting this a fellow member sent me a PM... gave me name , email address and telephone number , he offered help if I have any problems . I wrote info down and taped it on computer.
    He is retired from the IT field (information technology) and knows computer stuff .
    I graduated from Southestern La. College in IT in 1968 .... but back then that stood for Industrial Technology . Didn't have anything concerning computers in that course !
    Now that I have back up computer help... I'm ready for the change !

We still need a LIKE button...so if you're changing stuff ... add a like .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

USMC 77, USRA 79

on the bright side, maybe this will be our chance to finally Beat the BrassMagnet to the good deals????
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Moderator Emeritus

I heard Ron has a special server between the main server and what we access. All new deals have to go through his server

Ron

USMC 77, USRA 79

that could actually be "the" upgrade.. allowing him a better advantage.... hmmmm

CEO/CFO GunLoads Gunload Master's Avatar
    Sorry for the confusion everyone. The wonderful world of website software! So our current vbulletion version is outdated and unsupported unfortunatly so we are going to have to upgrade to the newest. With that comes many challenges since we have a huge forum here and i do have a lot of modifications.. all of which do not work with the new software. I have updated one of our sister sites swaparms.com with the new software and will be working on the color and themes and trying to incorporate some addons to try and make it as best as possible for us over here. This is going to be one of the largest upgrades in years for us here and there will be some visual changes that we will all see. I will do my absolute best to make it look and feel like home but expect some changes coming. I dont always like doing this either but i have learned from the past that if this dont happen the consequences are much worse! So please bare with me! Thanks everyone for all the support!
    http://GunLoads.com

Become a Supporting Member by joining TEAM BOOLITS!

Banned
    It's like moving into a new house with your old furniture.
    The surroundings may not be the same but once you're in your old chair it'll feel like home.

My take is to inventory the members afterwards and check to see if any have dropped out of the system or are not allowed to sign in because their password doesn't work anymore. My new game camera says my email is incorrect. Another says incorrect e-mail address. and so on. And as far as I am limited, everything I mention might just be like hot air blowing by.. LOL

Vendor Sponsor

I hope the upgrade goes well and opens new and exciting features
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master

I just read on another site that some folks have already had some problems and cannot log back in.
    Whats there options to get back on?

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master
    I hope it helps my Chromebook. I won't recommend one to anyone. A tablet is better.....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

In Remembrance

At the very bottom of home page, there is a reference to the version of vBulletin that we are running. Cast Boolits is currently at version : Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.5

One of the sister sites, ammobrasstrader.com (for trading reloading brass) is also at that same version.

The site that Willy mentioned, Swaparms.com (for trading guns) says: Powered by vBulletin® Version 5.5.4

That is a MAJOR software update.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, there are dozens of "add-ons" installed, created by third parties. They assist web site managers with making some functions that are not included in the base software easier, or possible altogether. Not all of the add-ons have been properly updated to work with the newer 5.4.4. And, even if they have been, the settings have to be gone through, one at a time, and tested for setting effectiveness. And some of the results are different than what we have been used to.

Willy is also under the gun from the standpoint that his other job is as a butcher. The deer killing season is upon us, and he's going to send a whole lot of sleepless nights making it all happen for us. He's an amazing guy, and I can't think of anyone else I have come to know who can make this all work. So, my highest praise for GunLoadMaster (Willy) in this task.

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

USMC 77, USRA 79

i am sure of that!!! I totally love this site. Not much worth doing is easy, and this site is worth doing..

Go Get em Willy....

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunload Master View Post
    Sorry for the confusion everyone. The wonderful world of website software! So our current vbulletion version is outdated and unsupported unfortunatly so we are going to have to upgrade to the newest. With that comes many challenges since we have a huge forum here and i do have a lot of modifications.. all of which do not work with the new software. I have updated one of our sister sites swaparms.com with the new software and will be working on the color and themes and trying to incorporate some addons to try and make it as best as possible for us over here. This is going to be one of the largest upgrades in years for us here and there will be some visual changes that we will all see. I will do my absolute best to make it look and feel like home but expect some changes coming. I dont always like doing this either but i have learned from the past that if this dont happen the consequences are much worse! So please bare with me! Thanks everyone for all the support!
    I understand it is necessary.
    Please don't drop the support for Tapatalk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast