Inline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
WidenersReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Repackbox
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Starline hope

im just glad that they make 32S&W and 44S&W russian.
    but 9.3x74Rimmed basic would be outstanding

Boolit Master
    I'm surprised they don't make 25/20. Lots of folks seem to be looking for it and they already make 32/20 on occasion. Shouldn't take much to change over. And they used to make 25/20.

Boolit Master

I'd like to see 50-95 Win , Now that Jamison is belly up
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by square butte View Post
    I'd like to see 50-95 Win , Now that Jamison is belly up
    me too.

Boolit Master
    GONRA wants Starline to make 7.62x45mm Czech and .455 Webley & Scott Auto brass.

Boolit Bub
    +1 for Starline

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Walks View Post
    Starline is popular because It's cheaper then everyone else's.

They don't Anneal it as the last step the way other manufacturers do. That's what makes it cheaper.
    Hello all - I don't frequent this board, but a friend clued me into the discussion and thought I should step in and make a correction here - Starline DOES indeed anneal it's bottle necked cases. It would be almost impossible to make otherwise. As others have pointed out, we simply choose to polish the anneal marks out during the final wash where we also apply the protectant to the cases. We like our cases shiny when they leave here. While skipping this step could be seen as saving cost - the scrap rate would then go through the roof and actually cost us more to make. Not to mention the poor performance of the brass once it got into your hands.

Sorry to intrude, we feel forums are for shooters - not for us supplier to clog up, but I did want to set the record straight on that single issue.

Carry on and happy shooting!

Matt
    Starline Brass

Super Moderator

Thanks for the clarification Matt, and welcome to Cast Boolits! Glad to have you here.

Quote Originally Posted by Starline Brass View Post
    Hello all - I don't frequent this board, but a friend clued me into the discussion and thought I should step in and make a correction here - Starline DOES indeed anneal it's bottle necked cases. It would be almost impossible to make otherwise. As others have pointed out, we simply choose to polish the anneal marks out during the final wash where we also apply the protectant to the cases. We like our cases shiny when they leave here. While skipping this step could be seen as saving cost - the scrap rate would then go through the roof and actually cost us more to make. Not to mention the poor performance of the brass once it got into your hands.

Sorry to intrude, we feel forums are for shooters - not for us supplier to clog up, but I did want to set the record straight on that single issue.

Carry on and happy shooting!

Matt
    Starline Brass
    Thanks for chiming in. Sooo about 280 rem. Will it happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by zymguy View Post
    Thanks for chiming in. Sooo about 280 rem. Will it happen

Will it happen?!?!?!? Probably. WHEN will it happen?!?!?! Not so easy to answer. Not a caliber we are actively working on - I can say that for sure. Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Starline Brass View Post
    Will it happen?!?!?!? Probably. WHEN will it happen?!?!?! Not so easy to answer. Not a caliber we are actively working on - I can say that for sure. Sorry!
    Fair enough! Keep up the good work

Vendor Sponsor

Thanks to Starline Brass there are some old BP rifles as well as newer reproductions making smoke. I sure wish they could expand their line too. But, I am grateful for the brass they make that fills the empty space where almost no other brass could be made or found. Just two examples that filled the need for me is 50-90 Sharps and the 45- 2-6/10" (45-100) cases. Many others too!... And the quality is high. I am hoping for 40-70 Sharps straight myself.

Also, you will see Starline Brass generously supporting shooting matches with gift certificates. They give a lot away. American made and worth my support.
    I shoot 25-20 WCF and it took a bit of a learning curve for me to make it from Starline 32-20 WCF but I have it down now with a very low failure rate. It keeps my two 1892's and my 16 year old son plinking with me! Good stuff!
    Chill Wills

Boolit Master
    Now that we have Matt's attention, I would like to thank him for making 50-70,45-90, 32-20, and a couple more calibers. If things ever slow down for them, maybe a run of 25-20 Win and 25-20SS, 30-40 Krag, 25 and 30Rem, and .41 Swiss CF. Hey, it don't cost too ask ! Anyway, thank you guys for making us great affordable brass for some great old guns.

Boolit Master
    by the way, the reason you see annealing colors on milsurp ammo is because it is milspec to not polish off the annealing colors.

Quote Originally Posted by quasi View Post
    by the way, the reason you see annealing colors on milsurp ammo is because it is milspec to not polish off the annealing colors.
    I have also heard that. The military brass they want visual proof that the annealing was done. I could see where an unscrupulous contractor could skip that step or it could be skipped accidentally and create some fragile brass due to forming the case necks from harder brass that hadn't been annealed.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Quote Originally Posted by rbuck351 View Post
    I'm surprised they don't make 25/20. Lots of folks seem to be looking for it and they already make 32/20 on occasion. Shouldn't take much to change over. And they used to make 25/20.
    agreed. I have scrounged 300 25-20 brass over the years....some bought here from the late Grumpa.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master

I wanted Starline to make .43 Spanish brass and wrote them a letter requesting them to do so. At least they were kind enough to write me back and say that they had no plans now or in the future to make .43 Spanish. I know that Bertram make the .43 but I have not had very good luck with their Spanish brass. james

Hello TNsailorman,

https://www.trackofthewolf.com/Categ...ASE-43-SPANISH

Hope this helps, AntiqueSledMan.

Boolit Master
    Fish4bugs
    I have been on the lookout for 25/20 since I bought a 92 Win in 25/20 several years ago. I have managed to get 5 or 6 hundred but they seem to have completely dried up in the last couple of years. I would get another 500 if Starline would make a run. It's about the neatest small game rifle and cartridge I have seen.

Boolit Buddy
    Neat to see Starline on here, i've been working with a bunch of their 444 recently and i'm quite happy with it. Don't stop making that one.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast