Inline FabricationReloading EverythingLee PrecisionRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tyler "T -grip" adaptor

Banned

Tyler "T -grip" adaptor

Just wanted to toss this out there.

I recently ordered a Tyler T-grip adaptor from Tyler manufacturing. They're a bit old school and still use printed order forms and U.S. mail.
    I mailed in my order form and check. My new, well packaged T-grip adaptor showed up 1 week later (maybe only 6 days).

I've ordered from Tyler many times over the years and I've never had a problem. They do manufacturer their products in batches so occasionally if you order an item that is not in inventory you may have to wait a week or two more. I had that happen one time with a more obscure model.

While I generally prefer replacement grips instead of a Tyler T grip, there are times when the T-grip adaptor IS the answer.
    So don't forget about that option if you're looking for a solution to improve a DA revolver grip.

You can say that again as a plus for Tyler. I have the adapters on several revolvers including one which I adapted to a Colt SAA. Another, a nice Smith M&P 2" with ivory "service" stocks is a very shootable revolver with its Tyler "T" grip.
    To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, the trouble with many shooting experts is not that they're ignorant; its just that they know so much that isn't so.

Boolit Master

Tyler are great.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Grand Master
    My take on Tyler’s product is that if you can get them, they are fine. I’ve only seen a couple of negative references to QC lately, and you’ll get that from anyone, it seems. OTOH, their order fulfillment seems to have gotten more and more sketchy, with negative comments showing up much more frequently than positive. Glad P&P had such a good transaction and maybe it will be a harbinger if good things to come. I for one would love to hear from others with recent experiences (positive or negative) with the current folks at Tyler.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    What people don't realize if that when you order a Tyler T-grip for an older pre-1940 gun, such as a Colt New Service, these are not made ahead and "stocked," but each one is made to order. In the days of the Internet everyone wants instant gratification, but special orders take time.

Patience, Grasshopper!

I own over a dozen T-grips, most ordered within the last ten years, to fit my old Colts, which I both collect and shoot.

I've NEVER had any quality or delivery issues.

A couple weeks at most for an obscure, rare gun like a 1920 .32 Pocket Positive.

Attachment 249766
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Grand Master
    Outpost, you're killing me. I've looked for one of those for years to replace one I sold back in the 70's to fund a divorce. I'm still looking. What a neat, old gun!
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

I like'em too. I had one on my Security Six for awhile.
    Mrs. Hogwallop up and R-U-N-N-O-F-T.

Boolit Master
    I bought one years ago for a Charter Arms .38 special. I never could warm up to the thing...
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master

I love them.

They are just the thing for older or skinny bbl'd guns. Give you a better looking balanced revolver.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Banned
    I've order several over the years, including the most recent one and few during the last 3 years or so; never had a problem with quality or service.

Tyler's are the answer when you don't want to take off the original grips but need something better than the small original grips. They also improve the handling of the gun without making the gun larger overall all.

I think today's culture of, "I want it and I want it NOW"; is the source of most complaints about Tyler.

Read some experiences over on the smith and Wesson forum

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

I have drawer full of grips for my Smith "J" frames, because no matter how many times I've tried I just can't find a more comfortable grip that the stock wood and a Tyler T.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

I have KB grips on my model 19. They are great. I didn't want to wait for tylers. Also, I like the look of the satin black better than the shiny aluminum. And they have four copper tabs instead of two. Cheaper as well.

I loved their trigger shoes for rifles but I didn't like the T-Grip at all. I tried it on a Police Positive Special and a 5" M&P and they just bothered me. I used to love Pachmayrs but I've kinda been liking original grips the most lately.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Got one on a Model 67 SB and a Model 31 SB. Makes the pistols feel perfect in my opinion.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Master

Every K and L frame revolver I own has the Tyler T and Factory Magna Grip combo. They fit my hand the best, and allow for a more natural point of aim for me. I for one, am glad they are still around. Same with my Herrett Jordan Troopers on my N frame, and my L frame Model 69 44mag. Sometimes the classics just work.

Boolit Master
    Tyler is apparently not the same old Tyler. I ordered, and paid by check for, two grip adapters in January, 2021. No grip adapters have been received as of today. Their voice mail box is often full and will not take a message. When it is not,I have left several inquiries, with no response. I eventually goa a reply that said they were behind, but appreciated my patience. That was last summer, nothing since.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Boolit Master
    BK Custom is great substitute if you don’t feel like waiting

Boolit Master
    Thanks, never heard of them, so I will definitely look them up.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast