RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline FabricationWideners
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision

Thread: SA Hellcat challenges the Sig P365.

Boolit Master

SA Hellcat challenges the Sig P365.

Did a forum search and couldn't believe there wasn't a thread on this pistol already. It is the talk of the town on just about every gun forum.

Basically, the P365 has been taking the CCW world by storm due to it's capacity of 10+1 in a diminutive package. They have been flying off the shelves ever since their introduction, despite some serious teething issues.

Springfield Armory released the Hellcat a couple of weeks ago, which has nearly identical dimensions, but has 11+1 capacity and comes with a 13 round magazine standard, rather than having to pay an extra $40 for the Sig 12 round magazine.

The Hellcat also has a red-dot ready version for $40 more.

Honest and skeptical review of the pistol here...

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/he...field-hellcat/

Attachment 249851

Attachment 249852
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master

Have a look at the sig 365XL I'm liking it a lot
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by LUCKYDAWG13 View Post
    Have a look at the sig 365XL I'm liking it a lot
    The P365XL is quite a bit bigger than the Hellcat with only one more round capacity and was created to compete with the Glock 48. Not really in the same class as the Hellcat and regular P365.

Besides, I am content with my S&W M&P40c with 10 rounds of 165gr Speer GDs.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master

Yes the slide is a little bit longer on the XL so is the grip but still smaller than the glock 48 just thought that l would let you know about the XL incase you didn't hear about it looks like a better gun than the 365 the longer slide fixed the problem with feeding issues it was having i shot the 365 rented one out of 3 magazine the slide didn't stay open and I had one FTF
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Master
    Happy with my 43X but thanks.
    Make no mistake -- They will remember how easily you surrendered your rights.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by LUCKYDAWG13 View Post
    Yes the slide is a little bit longer on the XL so is the grip but still smaller than the glock 48 just thought that l would let you know about the XL incase you didn't hear about it looks like a better gun than the 365 the longer slide fixed the problem with feeding issues it was having i shot the 365 rented one out of 3 magazine the slide didn't stay open and I had one FTF
    Yeah, the guys I know that got one are really happy with them and report no issues. Seems like a great pistol. I haven't held one yet, but when I did fondle it's little brother, the P365, I thought it was great and almost picked one up to replace my G19. But, I went back to the M&P compact and am happy with it. If SA or Sig came out with a .40 S&W version of their little pistols, I'd be tempted.

I’m a die hard M&P fan, but that little SA has my attention. I’ll wait for a buddy to buy one first so I can try it.

Boolit Master

I finally got to handle the HelloKitty today. Not for me, unfortunately. I had high hopes for it.

Cons:
    1) not enough undercut. I see me getting a serious case of “Glock Knuckle”. The 365 has a great undercut and allows the little pistol to be shot, by me, with great control.

That’s it! Only con I see. Well built and if I am willing to Dremel the trigger guard, like every Glock I ever had/have, might get one. But doubt it.

Lefty
    I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....