Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2RepackboxWideners
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: WTB: 225 Winchester brass

Boolit Master

WTB: 225 Winchester brass

I'm looking for a few 225 Winchester brass to purchase, without having to get a second mortgage!

I just picked up a Savage model 340 in 225 Win. and would like to find some brass to feed it. (And yes, I already had the dies - how do you think this gets started??!!)

Thanks in advance!

Don

***For those folks that can't log on to the site, but want/need to contact me, message/email me at obssd1958atyahoodotcom ***
    Last edited by obssd1958; 10-19-2019 at 10:47 AM. Reason: ad method for contact

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Master

Don check with Newtire he has some for you
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Master

I am glad you got that rifle before I had to get it. Had a savage 340v when I was growing up and shot a good many woodchucks with it. Never fired less than 70 grain bullet in it either. When I get back to Idaho I will look and see how many more $5 each pieces of brass I can find. The ones Newtire has for you are once fired, how do I know because I fired them. Oh and if you can find some don't stress your heart to much they are not cheap. I should know. Enjoy your new toy, we have to go out with that new savage when I get back and see how it runs.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Buddy
    $5 per case?!

Boolit Master

yep the last I found any for sale years ago now
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Master

Don if you know how to run a metal lathe you can take .219 zipper brass and turn the rim down to work in the .225 winchester and graf and sons has the .219 zipper brass. Much cheaper than .225 winchester if you can even find it.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Bub
    PM sent

Boolit Master
    I have 4 or 5 boxes of Winchester factory 225 ammo if your interested might be some brass too. I'll have to look for it as I'm in the process of moving. Let me know if I should look for it.

Boolit Master

Wow. Bought a Winchester Model 70 in the early '70s. Has a Unertal 10 X scope on it. Collected a significant amount of brass over the years. Did not realize it would replace my 401k. Only shoot it when I need to see a one hole group.

Boolit Buddy
    I recently bought 60 pieces of once fired and 300 222 Rem at a gun show. I will try to find it tomorrow. Didn't need the 225 but had to buy it all. I was thinking of making some high pressure 30-30s for my Win 54 and 788 30-30s

Boolit Mold
    I have a bag of 300 new in package 225 win available

Boolit Master
    All PMs have been replied to, so far!

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Bump for a good cause!
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Boolit Master
    For those folks that can't log on to the site, but want/need to contact me, message/email me at obssd1958atyahoodotcom