Thread: Smokin squacks

Boolit Bub

Smokin squacks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CC221545-F51D-4C85-880A-45DF5E2286AC.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	249663

Been having a ton of fun with knight mk86!!

Boolit Man
    I am curious, do you that have ground squirrels hunt them? Are they edible? Inquiring minds want to know. Keep yer powder dry...……...robin

Boolit Master
    I need to get my 36 flint gun out for a walk, thanks for reminding me! What caliber is that Knight?
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master

Smokinfeathers that is awesome. You are doing it up pretty good against those squirrels. Nice looking muzzleloader too. I am curious about your load (power charge and type), wadding such as cushion or plastic. I am living thinking about my past squirrel hunts instead of actually doing it. I have a 56 SB that I really enjoy hunting with. Thanks for the inspiration.
    smoked turkey
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Bub
    70gr 3f goex over powder wad cushion wad n then 1 1-4 oz shot with over shot card. fixin try it if it will quit raining with the wads you sent me smoked turkey!!

rking its a 12gauge

robins roost those are grey squirrels often called cat squirrels then the big one on bottom is a fox squirrel

i killed 16 last week going a hr or so before i went to work, ive got a tc newenglander 12ga too but its cylinder bore n where i hunt the squirrels are 100-120’ up!! cant get tight enough pattern in it to reach them. gonna break out the 32 crockett later this week n give it its turn!!

Boolit Master

smokinfeathers let me know how those felt wads work for you. I would put two felts over the powder with the top one loaded with something like bore butter. Then one over the shot. they do work for me. However I do think they are not as secure as an over shot card. I don't think hunting in the squirrel woods will pose a problem. However hard hunting keeps me checking ever so often with my ram rod to be sure I still have shot in the barrel. Once I didn't. Not good. They are nice for loading through a tight turkey choke likes on a TK2000. When after turkeys I don't normally tromp around too much but rather stay in one spot and call them and do what I can to get the turkeys to come to me.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Buddy

Never tried the black powder smooth bores but I love hunting squirrels with the 32 cals. Got a Crockett and two Cabela Blueridges. Lots of fun hunting with the smoke poles.

Boolit Master
    After I posted I got to thinking might be a smooth bore. Never realized Knight made one. I enjoy hunting them with a 36 flint longrifle, but it has been a while. With the 36 and 30gr of FFF, best make sure it’s a head shot. I shot one I thought was peeking around at me, turned out he was stretched out on a stub limb facing me. All I had left was a squirrel skin with some squirrel “sausage” remnants and a disconnected tail! I really like eating them, so have become very careful that I can see the whole squirrel before taking the shot! I have an Ardessa Fowler, 12 bore, now I am toying with taking it squirreling!
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master

That 32 will get the job done nicely.love mine.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Bub
    I picked up a cva double this past weekend n gonna give it a go since it has full n mod chokes