WidenersSnyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackboxLoad Data
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back Home and wife got me gifts.

Boolit Master

Back Home and wife got me gifts.

Home from over seas safely. Still gonna take some time to get settled in at home and at work. The wife welcomed me home with a few gifts i think all will like.

From the lead she scored for me at .40 cents a pound. It came out to 550 lbs of CCOW and 60lbs of pure. I finnaly got to use the Cast Boolits ingot mold from the Group Buy. Hopefully next weekend she will pull through again and score some more plus scrap solder. She made a contact on craigslist who is a retiring mechanic. Funny how she does more in 6 months with lead than i can pull off in 3 years peddling and begging. Must be a woman thing.

Next up is Lee Loadmaster. Took me a day to get it set up and dialed. Works flawlessly. Read all the mixed reviews but in thought i would gamble with it. I pleased with it and cranked out 200 rounds of 9mm. I havent had a single issue with it. But i did read the directions 4 times and all the information i could find online first.

Last but not least, she got me a automatic powder dropper. The Frankford Arsenal one. This just made my life so much easier. And its accurate and repeatable. I havent had any zero wandering issues like others showed. I let it warm up for 20 minutes and the calibrated it and zeroed. Just cranked out 30 rounds of 30 WCF with it in record time.

She also got me a bunch of turrets. So now all my dies are mounted for my turret press. Gonna load up a bunch of ammo for tomorrow. So we can take out the 9mm, 357 Mag and 30 WCF for the first time in 7 months.

God Bless you all and its good to be back. Funny enough she didnt touch my reloading equipment so nothing is lost. All my dies and presses are cleaned, lubed, and ready to reload.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Buddy
    Welcome home!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU for your service!

Quote Originally Posted by Rcmaveric View Post
    Must be a woman thing.
    Gotta be. It has something to do with a combination of their smile and blinking.

Welcome back to the world.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    Thank you for your service! Better take good care of your wife, she sounds like a keeper!

Boolit Master

What a great homecoming, and even greater wife. Glad you made it back safely and thank you for your service for us all.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Master
    Welcome home Sir.Thank you for your service.God bless ya.For sure,you have a swell wife.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Master
    Welcome home! You seem very happy to be home, for sure!

Have fun shooting!

2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Moderator Emeritus

Welcome home and tell your wife I love her.
    grit yer teeth an pull the trigger

Boolit Grand Master

Welcome Home! Hope you enjoy your new toys and of course time with that fantastic Wife! Thats a nice stack of ingots, you didn't wast any time getting busy after returning home! Glad you're back!

Boolit Buddy
    Thank you for your service to your country, and yes, your wife sounds like a keeper. God Bless.

Boolit Master

Thanks everyone. I will let the wife know. Lol she had all that lead for a month and that ingot mold came in the a week after i left. I spent the last six months reading and taking a notes. I got some sperimenting to do.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Master
    I will trade my second BEST .257 Roberts for her and also give you a carton of BUTTER PECAN from Dollar GENERAL AS BOOT. My first was a "STARTER" MARRIAGE and the second i am sad to say was a DEMOCRAT and not a CATHOLIC (SP). I couldn't even call the pope for help with that one. LUCKILY THE
    "new man" took her away from me..

USMC 77, USRA 79

welcome home sir.. i do remember those homecommings after being overseas... my deployments were 18 months or more.. but the homecomming were kinda tuff.. always took me a while to settle in again getting used to female close quarters and kid stuff.. kinda different when you live with just other soldiers in an overseas situation. we diddnt have the internet or even regular telephone, just letters and such, so it was different trying to stay connected with family.

that new powder thrower is a spitting image of the lyman Gen 5.. prolly made by the same folks.. i just love mine.

you have a blessed day sir... enjoy that family... take nothing for granted and love that wife!!!

marko
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Thank you for your service. …..and, I do think you may have married well!
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Aww thanks guys! Hi, I am the wife! I know he enjoys reloading bullets. He works his butt off. He deserves to enjoy his hobby! I am very happy that he likes his gifts.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

God love ya' Misty, and good on you for taking care of our soldier. I have one kid active duty in the Navy and second kid graduating boot camp Friday. I pray they both find a loving woman like yourself to support them!
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Aww thank you. That is so sweet. I make sure that I budget money for him to get what he needs and what he would like for casting his bullets. While he was deployed, he made a midway list and I would ask him what he would like the most and get it. So I am really happy that I can make him happy.

Boolit Master
    Thank you for your service and for the heart warming story.
    When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
    And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by MistyConner View Post
    Aww thanks guys! Hi, I am the wife! I know he enjoys reloading bullets. He works his butt off. He deserves to enjoy his hobby! I am very happy that he likes his gifts.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Thanks for posting. You certainly deserve to be recognized for your thoughtfulness and I'm glad that you were able to read these comments. We're glad our "Buddy" is home and I know that you have to be too!

What surprises me is that more guys have not ask if you have any Sisters like you!!! LOL Not me, I somehow found a winner myself.

Moderator Emeritus

Reading this thread warms my heart.
    Rcmaveric thanks for your service.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast