WidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxInline FabricationLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Load Data Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aluminum molds

Quote Originally Posted by dahermit View Post
    The problem with most forums is that a person cannot see beyond his own situation.
    I know I cannot count the number of times that I have commented in forums here and elsewhere to the effect that I am an individual and what works for me most likely does not work for anyone else. My hands and size are not the same so what feels comfortable for me may be very uncomfortable for you. My needs and shooting habits are also mine so I ask no one to be me just as I do not expect to be you. I don't need a press that can crank out 500 rounds an hour just as I don't want to be sitting at a bench all day to get 200 pistol rounds. There is a happy medium somewhere.

Just as the other day I cast up 1k 356-102 Lee for my 380 which I figure should last me about 6 months. It was fun and would love to do more but why? Just to have them sit? By spring I will hopefully be ready to cast another 1000 to get thru the summer.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jimbo View Post
    I have several Lee aluminum molds and 1 brass Mp mold. I will take the aluminum over the brass any day.
    My six cavity Lee 358 al mold will make 100 boolits in 15 min when I use it solo with 20 lbs bottom pour pot @ 750 F. Yes it is hot,need to wait a bit.

On the other hand,this brass MP 358 mold is only 4-holes and takes 20 min for 100 bullets,solo.

I much prefer the brass MP for boolit quality and I don't feel I'm wasting time. I made 20 lbs yesterday,half hp,half fp just to try the new mold. They will last all week and need no sizing for uniformity,3595 Hi Teked. Good for a Rossi carbine.

Two sixbanger al molds are very fast. But when I'm shooting I don't want to think about boolit quality,I personally get better boolits with 2 or 4 cavity brass molds. It's just me and I don't know why.

Boolit Buddy
    I was commenting about the mold warm-up speed. In my book one has to be really busy when mold warm-up speed matters.
    I preheat my molds on a hot plate next to my lead pot...when the lead is up to temperature and ready to cast, so are my molds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12