RepackboxInline FabricationReloading EverythingWideners
Load DataRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision PBcastco
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need some reloading help for a Martini Cadet in .32-20?

Boolit Man
    Baltimoreed, I tried attacking my inbox from about 3 different directions and it all comes up: "0 messages".
    Throwing security to the winds, just send me an email to phalvorseth@aol.com with your mailing address and I will ship you some boolits poste-haste. Unfortunately they are lubed with Lee liquid alox but it will come right off with a little mineral spirits, so you can apply your lube of choice. Paul

Paul, got the brass and bullets. Thanks again. I haven’t done anything serious with them yet as I’ve been reloading .45lc for my cas match Saturday. Your 30 cadet brass is a whole lot shorter than my 32-20 brass. Maybe that is one of my ammo’s issues. I’ve also just gotten a .321 sizer die that I can play with to see if my cut down 8mm boolits will group tighter. I will get back to my cadet next week.

Boolit Master

The thread's been idle for a couple years, and it did get a little long, but there's information in there that is worth your time:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ore-Cadet-Talk

Your experience mimics mine - my bore slugged out at .3185" and the shoulder of a standard .32-20 case gets blown out to nearly straightwall. I ended up with a custom .3205" mold from LBT, and made some adjustments are far as dies used (and not used) to get it done. You have much potential for an accurate and insanely fun plinker, but you'l be a little bit off the reservation as far as "standard specs" go.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Master
    Funny thing is a lot of cadets were rechambered to 32 Special,and owners always report excessive recoil ,but Ive never heard anyone of them say the 165gn FN bullets were unstable,or hit sideways.....so maybe the 22" twist will stabilize heavier bullets if velocities are kept above the trans sonic range velocities ,say around 1600fps.or more.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by john.k View Post
    Funny thing is a lot of cadets were rechambered to 32 Special,and owners always report excessive recoil ,but Ive never heard anyone of them say the 165gn FN bullets were unstable,or hit sideways.....so maybe the 22" twist will stabilize heavier bullets if velocities are kept above the trans sonic range velocities ,say around 1600fps.or more.
    You maybe right about that.
    But I thought they were more concerned about the state of their collar bone than where the eeerrghh ahhhh Bullet went.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123